Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 483
  1. #181
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I simply refuse to get my hopes up. I let my hopes get up with Salvage and it turned out to be a ball of shit-tardation.

  2. #182
    Sagacious Sundi
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)

  3. #183
    Cake Maker
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    604
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)
    I just remember one experience where someone dc'd during an excavation duty and when he returned, it wouldn't let him back in.

  4. #184
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)
    You can definetly disconnect, force disconnect and logout in those battlefields. If I get fish agro in Golden Savage I send a pet and logout to clear hate, same with other places.

  5. #185
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    432
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I simply refuse to get my hopes up. I let my hopes get up with Salvage and it turned out to be a ball of shit-tardation.
    I like salvage, its fun, doesn't require much to get into (2k AP is easy to get), and the rewards are hard(very) to get (until its figured out, at least) but the journey is part of the excitement.

    Personally, i hope this isn't too easy and perhaps maybe a bit toned down HNMs, but with special resists (like resist versus multihit weapons[not ridill..but kclub, would suck to see this place get wrecked by 5x KC drks instantly], or something :wink: ).

  6. #186
    IN CANADA!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    472
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)
    I just remember one experience where someone dc'd during an excavation duty and when he returned, it wouldn't let him back in.
    You have to be in the battlefield AND your teammates cannot aggro any mobs before you d/c.

  7. #187
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,177
    BG Level
    6

    I don't know why people are thinking that because it's faf or behemoth or whatever that they will drop what they drop. The BC behemoth doesn't drop abjurations or dring, the limbus one doesn't either.

    My 5 gil is that they drop more assault-only stat boost gear.

  8. #188
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    The only reference that can be slightly inferred to it being the real deal mobs (just way scaled down I assume) is: 'normally elusive monsters roam the halls'

    To me its a reference to pre-existing mobs.

    However you're right, it could be you run into Cynospiririripipipi instead of a Fafnir.

  9. #189
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    71
    BG Level
    2

    They say astonishing challenges and such a few times, but never really what they are. Sounds a bit like Lost Dungeons of Norath without traps, breakable walls, pickable chests and the like.

    Needless to say the drops inside will be practically unobtainable because of rareity regardless of how skilled or geared or smart you are and it will be slot-machine luck. Will there be new items at the assault counter to buy with points?

  10. #190
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by bebeci
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)
    I just remember one experience where someone dc'd during an excavation duty and when he returned, it wouldn't let him back in.
    You have to be in the battlefield AND your teammates cannot aggro any mobs before you d/c.
    Whether or not you or your teammates aggro mobs has no bearing on being able to come back from d/c.

    In fact, not only will someone who d/c's during an assault be able to get back in, if they do not log back in before you complete the assault, they'll still get the points for it upon returning to the game hours later.

  11. #191
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    267
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Mala
    Personally, i hope this isn't too easy and perhaps maybe a bit toned down HNMs, but with special resists (like resist versus multihit weapons[not ridill..but kclub, would suck to see this place get wrecked by 5x KC drks instantly], or something :wink: ).
    I'd hate to be the WHM or RDM curing those five KC DRKs using Souleater.

    Hell, I'd hate to be one of the DRKs, too, now that I think about it.

    There's a monumental limit to what you can do with six people. If anything, that's what's going to make the drops valuable and quell the complaints from people thinking everybody and their Moogle is going to be running around with two Defending Rings and two Ridills. (Yes, I know they're Rare/Ex, but you know what I mean.)

    I'm surprised people haven't labeled a six-person limit as an "artificial challenge" yet.

  12. #192
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6

    What Khamsin said is true, you can always return if it's within the time limit. The non-aggro from alliance members is just for first time entry (for Limbus).

  13. #193
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Hey, if this gets me a E Body for my BST, then I'm all for it.


    >_>

  14. #194
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Nystul
    I don't know why people are thinking that because it's faf or behemoth or whatever that they will drop what they drop. The BC behemoth doesn't drop abjurations or dring, the limbus one doesn't either.

    My 5 gil is that they drop more assault-only stat boost gear.
    The context states "normally elusive Notorious Monsters," inferring that they are the ones people are hoping they are, and keeping in the same context, declare the drops from these mobs "rare," inferring they're the same rare items as before.

    The second inference is more of a stretch, but they definitely intended for people to assume these mobs are the ones everyone wants them to be. Either that, or like most people have been saying, it could just be a cocktease.

  15. #195
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I'd assume just read the update information, go "Ah, that's nice." and wait for more update info. I just like reading about the stuff, not so much jump for joy and what not. Wonder what the next tidbit will be, Chocobo Racing stuff finally?

  16. #196
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    Yah-huh. Kind of like the Ridills they were hiding in Chocobo Hot and Cold, huh?


  17. #197
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I'd assume just read the update information, go "Ah, that's nice." and wait for more update info. I just like reading about the stuff, not so much jump for joy and what not. Wonder what the next tidbit will be, Chocobo Racing stuff finally?
    Any job adjustments scheduled?

  18. #198
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueZero
    The context states "normally elusive Notorious Monsters," inferring that they are the ones people are hoping they are, and keeping in the same context, declare the drops from these mobs "rare," inferring they're the same rare items as before.
    I can't wait to fight Noble Mold and Defoliate Leshy.

    You never know with SE...

  19. #199
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    604
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by bebeci
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombard
    What I was thinking was.... you can't force DC yourself in assault can you? I mean you can, but you can't come back to the assault IIRC. That means you gotta bring very smart people because... no logging for hate? Then again I may be wrong about the logging in/out thing. Haven't played in a few months
    I thought you can disconnect yourself and return in all battlefield areas? (ENM, Limbus, Assault, etc.)
    I just remember one experience where someone dc'd during an excavation duty and when he returned, it wouldn't let him back in.
    You have to be in the battlefield AND your teammates cannot aggro any mobs before you d/c.
    Whether or not you or your teammates aggro mobs has no bearing on being able to come back from d/c.

    In fact, not only will someone who d/c's during an assault be able to get back in, if they do not log back in before you complete the assault, they'll still get the points for it upon returning to the game hours later.
    hmmmm.... if 4 people enter and 1 person d/c's ... the 3 people that exit the assault get points based on 3 members right?
    when the fourth person comes back does he get points based on 4 people / 3 people / or 1 person?

    can this be applicable for 3 people entering and having 2 d/c .. 1 person exists the assault and the other 2 come back 1 by 1 ... thus everyone earns full points?

    would be an interesting way to get a few extra points per run ;o

  20. #200
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    968
    BG Level
    5

    Cue video of Jesse Spano singing "I'm So Excited" in her bedroom.

    Link


    ninja ed: found it.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Assault Missions and Mercenary Rank (08/07/2007)
    By huckster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 2007-08-13, 08:59
  2. New Mercenary Ranks and Assault Missions (03/07/2007)
    By Tradition in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2007-03-07, 12:52
  3. POL: World Selection Made Easier! (03/02/2007)
    By Errors in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-03-02, 11:55
  4. New Assaults?
    By sweet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-10-19, 23:37
  5. Nyzul Isle, New Assault Area
    By Jurojin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 2006-07-23, 14:29
  6. New Dynamis Area Prereq's
    By Kimiko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-12-13, 23:54
  7. Movie of new CoP areas??
    By Demon Swordsman in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2005-03-01, 10:47