Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 414
  1. #61
    Habitatt Hasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    309
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    It also opens up a few very viable spots for blms to duo/trio that are not Halvung.

    Which is win.

    Great exp + seals is a nice little improvement.

  2. #62
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    744
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    It also opens up a few very viable spots for blms to duo/trio that are not Halvung.

    Which is win.

    Great exp + seals is a nice little improvement.
    after this, you'll never see an unclaimed buffalo in ulegerand range ever again

  3. #63
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Gilsellers? Nobody else kuftals on , err I mean xps on low level mobs with 2-3 people aside RMT.

    Really? Your RMT exp in small groups? Ours tend to EXP in alliances.. like groups of 8-9. -.-

  4. #64
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    It also opens up a few very viable spots for blms to duo/trio that are not Halvung.

    Which is win.

    Great exp + seals is a nice little improvement.
    That's a good point, it's still pretty early in the morning so my math and reasoning might be off, but it looks like you could view these bonuses as, "Duoing with Signet: experience points +25%" and "Trioing with Signet: experience points +22%", both of which would make sea, etc. better than pudding or wamoura unless you're solo or in a PT of 4 or more.

  5. #65
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    612
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Whenever they update spells, it's always interesting to see mobs get those spells as well. Dread Spikes could be annoying on Duke Scox for example, depending on how much it drains.

    Otherwise, not bad. I guess we'll see if the signet is true Signet only, or if Sanction is included in this.

  6. #66
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    There's no reason to assume as many people seem to be that you can't just dispel/finale mobs that use spikes lol

  7. #67
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    It's pretty awesome for BST. And decent when you lose that 6th guy and waiting on a replacement.
    I'm a lvl 75 bst, and I dont solo ep or below mobs in old areas "for xp". I guess its helpful to very low lvl range bsts. This does not qualify as a bst buff.

    EDIT: I just double checked it, there is no xp bonus for solo players, have to be a duo to 5 players for it to be any different with signet than without. So, I guess its not good for any soloing, only "small groups".

  8. #68
    Habitatt Hasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    309
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    It also opens up a few very viable spots for blms to duo/trio that are not Halvung.

    Which is win.

    Great exp + seals is a nice little improvement.
    That's a good point, it's still pretty early in the morning so my math and reasoning might be off, but it looks like you could view these bonuses as, "Duoing with Signet: experience points +25%" and "Trioing with Signet: experience points +22%", both of which would make sea, etc. better than pudding or wamoura unless you're solo or in a PT of 4 or more.
    Two manning elementals in sky also comes to mind.

  9. #69
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    726
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno
    kraken drks just got better.
    if drain 2 is as hard to land as drain 1 on HNM i dont see this as a major boost
    We have Dark Seal for that. >_>

  10. #70
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    968
    BG Level
    5

    with Drain 2 and Dread Spikes, I wonder if DRK/WHM or DRK/PLD could be a viable tank.

  11. #71
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    they all say while in effect, not while signet is in effect, which is what makes me think you have to pick.

  12. #72
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    with Drain 2 and Dread Spikes, I wonder if DRK/WHM or DRK/PLD could be a viable tank.
    I doubt they'll be that potent. As well they still take a good chunk of damage, and no using LR/SE, either. But I do believe DRK will now be a competent solo job for EP-DC mobs.

  13. #73
    Blackice
    Guest

    You'd have no shadows, you'd still be getting hit for a fuckton and spikes only last for 1 min tops with a 3 min recast. I'm thinking no.

  14. #74
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Whenever they update spells, it's always interesting to see mobs get those spells as well. Dread Spikes could be annoying on Duke Scox for example, depending on how much it drains.

    Otherwise, not bad. I guess we'll see if the signet is true Signet only, or if Sanction is included in this.
    Actually, they never retroactively give mobs spells. Once a mob is set, it is set and doesn't get new abilties/spell. This would change the difficulty of monsters for players doing the same content at different times.

  15. #75
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

    Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    EDIT: I just double checked it, there is no xp bonus for solo players, have to be a duo to 5 players for it to be any different with signet than without. So, I guess its not good for any soloing, only "small groups".
    I see BST duos all the time when I'm levelling low level jobs (low = 1-50)

    Otherwise, not bad. I guess we'll see if the signet is true Signet only, or if Sanction is included in this.
    I see no reason to think it would be Sanction. The whole point of this is to get more people levelling in non ToAU areas.

  16. #76
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    with Drain 2 and Dread Spikes, I wonder if DRK/WHM or DRK/PLD could be a viable tank.
    I doubt they'll be that potent. As well they still take a good chunk of damage, and no using LR/SE, either. But I do believe DRK will now be a competent solo job for EP-DC mobs.
    drk/nin always was a competent solo job for EP-DC <_< drk has sleep2

  17. #77
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Whenever they update spells, it's always interesting to see mobs get those spells as well. Dread Spikes could be annoying on Duke Scox for example, depending on how much it drains.

    Otherwise, not bad. I guess we'll see if the signet is true Signet only, or if Sanction is included in this.
    Actually, they never retroactively give mobs spells. Once a mob is set, it is set and doesn't get new abilties/spell. This would change the difficulty of monsters for players doing the same content at different times.

    drk mobs cast absorb-tp now, they didnt before.

  18. #78
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    413
    BG Level
    4

    They gave DRK mobs already in the game Absorb TP when that was introduced.

  19. #79
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    726
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    You'd have no shadows, you'd still be getting hit for a fuckton and spikes only last for 1 min tops with a 3 min recast. I'm thinking no.
    Maybe DRK/SAM Tank?

    Seigan+Dread Spikes?


    Not that'd I'd WANT to tank on DRK. But it happens wether I like it or not sometimes.

  20. #80
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    413
    BG Level
    4

    If you want to tank as drk, just go drk/nin and not get hit at all.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)
    By Spoony Bob in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 2008-03-10, 10:42
  2. Replies: 487
    Last Post: 2007-08-26, 21:34
  3. Battle System Adjustments (08/14/2007)
    By Spoony Bob in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1255
    Last Post: 2007-08-21, 16:40
  4. New Assault Area (03/01/2007)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 482
    Last Post: 2007-03-07, 07:49
  5. Greetings for the New Year! (01/05/2007)
    By Jeryhn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2007-01-07, 13:40