compared to what was historically accurate it was bad, but for what it was, it was great imo.
compared to what was historically accurate it was bad, but for what it was, it was great imo.
Disliking 300 is the same as disliking beer or pizza or the opposite sex. It's ok, it happens, people can be made horribly different. But most people like that learn to keep their mouth shut and hide their shame.
It had a story? lol All I remember was crazy fight scenesOriginally Posted by Kuya
lol
Originally Posted by Bwelch
.....you think V for Vendetta didn't have any political undertones?
I enjoyed 300 a lot, but the "freedom isn't free" line made me cringe. I heard that the Queen's oration wasn't a part of the original graphic novel, is that true?
the plot wasn't the aim of the movie, the fight scenes and sequences were. the original story has been recounted for the past 2 milleniums, there is no point to emphasize on a story with which everyone's familiar.Originally Posted by Kuya
You act as if Frank Miller didn't stick his big ass stamp of approval on the movie before it went out. He had a pretty big part in the adaption of the film, even if it wasn't played out line for line from the novel.
I don't want to say this is necessarily a measure of a movie's strength, but really the entire movie was predictable. With one exception, you don't know if its the son that'll get killed or the father. But one of them definately had to go, that we were all sure of.Originally Posted by Bartylby
The movie's plot was a band of warriors outnumbered by a giant army. How is that in any way original? Nearly every war movie set around this general time period has something to that effect.
Let me make my opinion more clear. The movie is ok if what I'm planning to do afterwards is kick things in and yell at things. It was at times entertaining -- I will admit that I enjoyed the first battle scene / the shield pushes, but then after a while it just becomes so redundant redundant (redundancy intended). In my honest opinion, which seems to be irking some of you, the movie tried too hard to be "epic" such as Gladiator or even Braveheart (in terms of band of warriors v. grand army, "fighting for freedom"). Keep in mind, unlike a lot of criticism this movie gets, I'm not at all taking into account its historicity.
Ugh, redundant much? I already sead not having a great plot din't make it a bad movie, I was merely refering to Bartylby saying it had a great plot, which it did not.Originally Posted by finale23
I'm saying that if there were additions, there might be reasons for them *gasp*.
Anyone who vehemently hates 300 like that is probably lacking Y-chromosomes, cuz that movie is the manliest shit that ever graced the silver screen.
Not in the manner you may be thinking but the way most news organizations portrayed it as an attack on Bush. Sure, the movie had an obvious political message about freedom but it sure didn't have anything the idiots over at FOX news portrayed it to be.
Actually, the entire movie was predictable.
The fights are what made it enjoyable. I didn't at all think of the non-existant plot.
Coming up next:
"Anyone who suggests the movie might be making modern commentary on some level must be a gigantic emo faggot."
i wasn't railing at you really. i was trying to get across that to emphasize on the plot/story is to miss the point of the movie.Originally Posted by Kuya
bares repeating.Originally Posted by Huggo
I don't think it's going to be a "sequel" like another story of the spartans...
That sounds like to me it's not about the spartans but some other people. Same era (or close to it), same area, different culture, different story. I can't wait to hear what greek story he's going to do next.Frank Miller is hard at work prepping a follow-up to 300 based on another mythic tale from Greek history.
Then we shall make nice and have much cake in the name of Sparta :3Originally Posted by finale23
Wow, you don't fucking say? What gave it away?Originally Posted by kuronosan
your place or mine?Originally Posted by Kuya
i lol'dOriginally Posted by Koyuki
This is why mostly everybody likes it, it was basicaly a guy flick with half nakid guys.Originally Posted by Huggo
violence and sexual overtones lol
WE SHOULD TOTALY DINE IN HELLyour place or mine?