Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Chocobo Racing 27/03/07     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #121
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    And you're obviously someone who jumps to conclusions and makes random assumptions based on nothing. I'd do the same and point out how I've most likely been using the internet since you were pre-teen, but not knowing your age I won't. If you can't see the childish and immaturity factor in calling things "gay" then perhaps my assumption has a lot more merit than yours. This is supposed to be an "advanced" player discussion, if your vocabulary is limited to "gay" then perhaps you're in the wrong place? Funnily enough, even the people on GameFAQs are past that level.
    Uh....and it's not at all possible that I'm merely suggesting that you should accept and ignore obviously crass language that's been part of the 15-35 vernacular for the past 30 years, and realize that all you're doing is making a pretentious ass out of yourself spouting this self-aggrandizing drivel.

    but no...no this is much better than seeing someone I don't know type three letters in a post that was actually relevant to the topic.


    My Update is done.
    The waiting begins...

  2. #122
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Uh....and it's not at all possible that I'm merely suggesting that you should accept and ignore obviously crass language that's been part of the 15-35 vernacular for the past 30 years, and realize that all you're doing is making a pretentious ass out of yourself spouting this self-aggrandizing drivel.

    but no...no this is much better than seeing someone I don't know type three letters in a post that was actually relevant to the topic.


    My Update is done.
    The waiting begins...
    15-35? I think you think too low of the post-teen age group. From what I see online, it's almost always the 12-17 age group who spew "gay", "fag" and random profanity. It's seen as immature and while some people 18+ are immature too they tend to have evolved a bit. I usually do ignore it, but it's getting ridicuous when it's on almost every page in almost every thread.

  3. #123
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    21 and I curse like it's trendy.

  4. #124
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Last summer and fall, several surveys regarding chocobo racing were conducted from premiere FINAL FANTASY XI sites in Japan, North America........................................... .................................................. ...................... and Europe.
    The order in which SE gives a shit about their customers. :D
    Oh lawd, I quoted you and edited the text within your quote. I think I'll say "Fixed".

  5. #125
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    I think you think too highly of post teen people.
    Half of all the voting age people were so confused by our 911 leeching, fear mongering, gay bashing administration's logorrhea that they actually bought into it (even if the alternative was even more of a limp dick than he is) while the rest were too apathetic or sheltered to actually care or recognize how shitty it could get.

    Do I believe people aren't capable of thought? No.
    What I do believe is that people aren't taught culture, they're just forced to learn it, just like everything else in the educational system.
    After watching 10 years of elections and girls gone wild, it isn't hard to figure out most of it doesn't take.



    Since I am clearly aware of what this thread can become due to my own vast ego and the fact that there is already a better topic on this subject, I suggest this topic be immediately closed for the betterment of forum civility and humanity...in America.

  6. #126
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    I don't post much on this forum but I read often, and I must say that it's amazing how many people lack the vocabular required to think of a better description of something than "gay". If you like it that much then at least spew out the word "good" instead of making yourself look childish.

    Ok, thanks, bye.
    You're obviously someone who has yet to even begin to explore the internet and, for that matter, the actual world.
    I'm sure you'll find if you do both, this will seem much less surprising.
    And you're obviously someone who jumps to conclusions and makes random assumptions based on nothing. I'd do the same and point out how I've most likely been using the internet since you were pre-teen, but not knowing your age I won't. If you can't see the childish and immaturity factor in calling things "gay" then perhaps my assumption has a lot more merit than yours. This is supposed to be an "advanced" player discussion, if your vocabulary is limited to "gay" then perhaps you're in the wrong place? Funnily enough, even the people on GameFAQs are past that level.
    Wrong, gamefaqs don't use gay, because they're not allowed to.

    Post Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamefaqs.com
    There were one or more potential problems with your message:
    The message you entered contains one or more words that are usually associated with violations of the Message Board terms of service.

    If you use the term "gay" as an insult in any way, shape, or form to anyone or anything (even inanimate objects), it's considered a severe TOS violation.

    You may go ahead and make this post, but it will be automatically flagged for review by a moderator.
    That's what happens when your website is controlled by sponsors.

  7. #127
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    That's a fair point Lordwafik. Sometimes forum rules aren't a bad thing though. My guess is that the admins of this site assumed that the users were above that kind of thing and don't need to be told such things are bad.

    And I do agree with LD that this thread is going nowhere. I wouldn't care if it was closed or not.

  8. #128
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    That's a fair point Lordwafik. Sometimes forum rules aren't a bad thing though. My guess is that the admins of this site assumed that the users were above that kind of thing and don't need to be told such things are bad.

    And I do agree with LD that this thread is going nowhere. I wouldn't care if it was closed or not.
    You're gay.

  9. #129
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    You're gay.
    You're straight.

  10. #130
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Since I am clearly aware of what this thread can become due to my own vast ego and the fact that there is already a better topic on this subject, I suggest this topic be immediately closed for the betterment of forum civility and humanity...in America.
    I saw what you did there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    21 and I curse like it's trendy.
    22 and I curse like the son of a sailor that I am.

  11. #131
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    21 and I curse like it's trendy.
    22 and I curse like the son of a sailor that I am.
    And I bet your dad is even older, and curses like a sailor.

  12. #132
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    84
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    ur gay
    Fixed.

  13. #133
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Coephoros
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    im gay
    So am I.





    Sorry.

  14. #134
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    21 and I curse like it's trendy.
    22 and I curse like the son of a sailor that I am.
    And I bet your dad is even older, and curses like a sailor.
    My father's side of the family has a long standing Navy/Coast Guard-serving tradition when it comes to the first born. I'm actually the first one to break the trend.

  15. #135
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    [quote=The Blackrose]
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Blackrose":5d362
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    21 and I curse like it's trendy.
    22 and I curse like the son of a sailor that I am.
    And I bet your dad is even older, and curses like a sailor.
    My father's side of the family has a long standing Navy/Coast Guard-serving tradition when it comes to the first born. I'm actually the first one to break the trend.[/quote:5d362]

    Well that's nice.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. Chocobo Racing Question
    By Talint in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2007-07-11, 08:39
  2. [SE]- Chocobo Racing is HERE! (03/29/2007)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 2007-04-16, 09:11
  3. 03/07 Data mining thread
    By Taj in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 2007-03-09, 12:57
  4. New Mercenary Ranks and Assault Missions (03/07/2007)
    By Tradition in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2007-03-07, 12:52
  5. Chocobo Racing Delayed and March 7th patch date
    By Grif in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 2007-03-03, 16:33
  6. Chocobo Racing
    By SephYuyX in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2006-08-23, 17:27
  7. Chocobo Racing
    By Kaylia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 2006-08-06, 06:10
  8. Changes to Chocobo Digging and Gardening (07/03/06)
    By Reality in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2006-07-05, 19:19
  9. chocobo racing revealed =O
    By killerc4 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2006-05-08, 14:26