Page 246 of 777 FirstFirst ... 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 ... LastLast
Results 4901 to 4920 of 15535
  1. #4901
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcube View Post
    Is escaflowne good y/n? Comparable to Gundam/Code Geass/Gurren Lagann in regards to the mecha. Any other good mecha animes besides Macross Frontier?
    I'd go Gun X Sword before Escaflowne.

  2. #4902
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,213
    BG Level
    6

    Escaflowne is amazing. Just stay away from the movie.

  3. #4903
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    The Index novels actually jump to other characters PoV alot, I think volume 3 the railgun girl is the pov.

  4. #4904
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    interesting coverage of this anime season

    http://i35.tinypic.com/flk0fq.jpg

  5. #4905
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    493
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Quote Originally Posted by Parshias View Post
    Escaflowne is amazing. Just stay away from the movie.
    the movie was badass, though it won't make much sense if you haven't seen the anime first.

  6. #4906
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Ah. What's the resolution? 700x400 or the 1280x768 HD?
    you do realize it's an ova and thus from a DVD and thus not HD, right

    just saying

  7. #4907
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Spice and Wolf was an excellent anime. I can't wait for season 2. Horo just may be my new favorite anime girl-ish character.

  8. #4908
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    So for anyone still wondering about Casshern Sins, its really compelling. The story is good and its not your typical story telling. It's really good and I hope the future episodes are just as good because the production quality on the first two episodes is amazing.

  9. #4909
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    For anyone that watched the first season, the second season of Nodame Cantabile started.

    I'm almost up to like 10 weekly animes that I am watching now. x.x

  10. #4910
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    For anyone that watched the first season, the second season of Nodame Cantabile started.

    I'm almost up to like 10 weekly animes that I am watching now. x.x
    It was a nice change of pace to watch first season, but I can't say I'm really excited with a 2nd season. I might watch next summer when I'm bored.


    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    So for anyone still wondering about Casshern Sins, its really compelling. The story is good and its not your typical story telling. It's really good and I hope the future episodes are just as good because the production quality on the first two episodes is amazing.
    Gonna start downloading it...I'm not following any series this season and don't know what to watch.

  11. #4911
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    For anyone that watched the first season, the second season of Nodame Cantabile started.

    I'm almost up to like 10 weekly animes that I am watching now. x.x
    I know right? So much anime this season to watch, and with the second episode of Toradora being good, I doubt I'll drop any of them midway.

    Add in Jigoku Shoujo later on, maybe.

  12. #4912
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Last 3 posts are lol.

    "I have 10 anime I watch weekly"
    "I don't watch any atm"
    "I watch a ton too!"

    I need some more anime to watch. I watch a few, but I always need more. Macross Frontier and Spice and Wolf are two genres I probably would most like to see more of. Preferably completed seasons, I hate getting into an anime and having to wait next week from some big cliffhanger (a part of Spice and Wolf I enjoy, I'll love season 2 but I'm not "OMG MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS" about it)

  13. #4913
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Spice and Wolf is pretty unique...try Natsume Yuujinchou

  14. #4914
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Background-wise, kannagi is somewhat similar to spice and wolf, though i doubt nagi is even half as smart as horo on things.

  15. #4915
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Nagi and Horo talk the same.

  16. #4916
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Last 3 posts are lol.

    "I have 10 anime I watch weekly"
    "I don't watch any atm"
    "I watch a ton too!"

    I need some more anime to watch. I watch a few, but I always need more. Macross Frontier and Spice and Wolf are two genres I probably would most like to see more of. Preferably completed seasons, I hate getting into an anime and having to wait next week from some big cliffhanger (a part of Spice and Wolf I enjoy, I'll love season 2 but I'm not "OMG MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS" about it)
    Well, I usually avoid watching animes weekly, unless I watched first season. I always enjoy show that I watch in one sitting more than the one I watch weekly

    Anyway, no sequel for me this season, and I didnt try try anything yet. That's why I still have 0 animes on my list.


    [edit]
    And spice and wolf was awesome, even if it's not action heavy. I love relaxing anime that are well done (good script, clever ideas, nice art)

  17. #4917
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Background-wise, kannagi is somewhat similar to spice and wolf, though i doubt nagi is even half as smart as horo on things.
    Yeah, but that kinda makes it fun to watch. Horo's insights on trading were great, so it's a nice difference.

  18. #4918
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah, but that kinda makes it fun to watch. Horo's insights on trading were great, so it's a nice difference.
    Yeah, Horo actually bringing something to the trade table was nice, really makes the "Horo the Wise" nickname viable. And it probably is a key part in what made the anime so enjoyable. The interaction between Lawrence and Horo was great overall too, though.

    I read chapter 1 of Kannagi, not sure how much I'd like it. I see how it's similar to Spice and Wolf in backround, but it seems less...real. Kinda silly to say that about supernatural manga/anime but I think you know what I mean.

  19. #4919
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I just enjoy watching the relationship craft and horo had. It's like they flirt constantly, but have no real sexual tension whatsoever, but they actually cares a lot about each other.

    A nice fresh air in the atmosphere filled with stagnant KY guys and tsundere bitches

  20. #4920
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I just enjoy watching the relationship craft and horo had. It's like they flirt constantly, but have no real sexual tension whatsoever, but they actually cares a lot about each other.

    A nice fresh air in the atmosphere filled with stagnant KY guys and tsundere bitches
    I wouldn't go as far as saying there wasnt any sexual tension, Horo was a tease the whole time >_>. But unlike other anime, it wasn't full of awkward situation or one sided flirting.

Page 246 of 777 FirstFirst ... 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 ... LastLast