Page 255 of 777 FirstFirst ... 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 5081 to 5100 of 15535
  1. #5081
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Which one was that again? Was that the variation of "Aimo" or something else later on? I forget.
    Yeah, the "aimo" one...no clue if it's the title or not.


    [edit]
    Yep, this one.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qc9_KtWN0jU
    The quality kinda suck on youtube tho, but i love it.

    [edit2]
    And while I'm at it, this was my favorite from Sheryl. (infinity)
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Ek6G...eature=related

  2. #5082
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah, Infinity was great. I think That's Aimo O.C. or something? I love that version. Really catchy.

  3. #5083
    Always Cabrón!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    463
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I also loved the music so much I got both OST's, the Sheryl (Diamond Crevasse) single and Sheryl/Ranka duo (Lion). I noticed that there are 3 versions of Aimo:
    - Aimo (original short and sweet, the defacto version) [OST1 Nyan FRO]
    - Aimo ~Tori no hito~ (the one used in "the macross zero" movie ep) [OST1 Nyan FRO]
    - Aimo O.C. (the epic space opera'ish one around ep 24~26) [OST2 Nyan TRA]

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    and I do wish they solved the love triangle, but it's not something that I'd say it ruined the series or anything close.
    But they did solve it
    Spoiler: show
    <Ranka> I'm not giving up... music or Alto
    <Sheryl> *looks at Ranka like "it's on beyotch!"*
    <Alto> *meanwhile, up in the sky happy that he can fly*

    And call me weird but the only complaint I had/have is... we didn't get to see Princess all dressed up like in the first Intro

  4. #5084
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Lion was awesome...I just wish the first 10sec would last a bit longer.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nHMpTqBqY

  5. #5085
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,631
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    My only gripe was the "pop star" thing. Kinda wish they would have toned down Sheryl and Ranka's popularity a bit. The singing itself was fine (and expected in macross)...I just didn't like seeing Ranka/sheryl poster everywhere.
    I think they were trying to recreate the image the Minmay had in the original series. Macross is a 25 year old series, and Frontier tried to use a lot of similarities for old fans. That said, during the original Macross, Minmay was the only singer in the entire ship, so it makes sense that she was so big (combined with being the first songstress who changed an entire war), but since there's obviously travel and communication between fleets, it seems they could have toned down the immersion a bit.

  6. #5086
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I think they were trying to recreate the image the Minmay had in the original series. Macross is a 25 year old series, and Frontier tried to use a lot of similarities for old fans. That said, during the original Macross, Minmay was the only singer in the entire ship, so it makes sense that she was so big (combined with being the first songstress who changed an entire war), but since there's obviously travel and communication between fleets, it seems they could have toned down the immersion a bit.
    Oh, I understand this. I also understand that it was important to show the transition from Sheryl to Ranka, but meh...pop culture annoys me..especially on this level.

    It was also weird how both Sheryl and Ranka could run away from the media and fans, despite being the center of interest the whole time. Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, the script was still well done in overall.

  7. #5087
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I liked MF, but jesus Ranka pissed me off so badly. I liked her at the start, but as the show went on I hated her more and more. Sheryl was awesome, in general I like Sheryl's songs more than Ranka (I swear they overplayed Aimo). OST is amazing though, I love Lion (isn't that Sheryl's final ED song?), the medley and Bless the little queen. Aimo battle music is good as well. Hell, most of the songs are really great.

    In general, I was happy Alto didn't pick anyone in the end. Would be unfair to both of them considering what happened and emotions during conflict are often skewed. Overall, a good show, but Ranka really annoyed me and the plot progression was indeed slow and forced. Sometimes I just wanted to shout "FUCKING MOVE IT ALREADY!"

  8. #5088
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Beware your eyes (MF related!)


  9. #5089
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Mmm! Mancross Frontier.

  10. #5090
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    429
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Beware your eyes (MF related!)

    .............................................. lol

  11. #5091
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    rofl octopus

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I liked MF, but jesus Ranka pissed me off so badly. I liked her at the start, but as the show went on I hated her more and more. Sheryl was awesome, in general I like Sheryl's songs more than Ranka (I swear they overplayed Aimo). OST is amazing though, I love Lion (isn't that Sheryl's final ED song?), the medley and Bless the little queen. Aimo battle music is good as well. Hell, most of the songs are really great.

    In general, I was happy Alto didn't pick anyone in the end. Would be unfair to both of them considering what happened and emotions during conflict are often skewed. Overall, a good show, but Ranka really annoyed me and the plot progression was indeed slow and forced. Sometimes I just wanted to shout "FUCKING MOVE IT ALREADY!"
    "Aimo" and "overplayed" can't put put in the same sentence! It was played more, but mostly because of its importance in the story, unlike other song. Anyway, there was 2 songs from sheryl and 3 from Ranka I liked..rest were fine, but nothing great.

    I'm still not sure why you think Ranka's character was annoying tho. Both her and Sheryl were similar on many aspect imo, and none came out as selfish.

  12. #5092
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Ranka's actions annoyed the shit outta me near the end, seeing the way she reacted and what not also annoy me. She's the character type in anime that always pisses me off, the stranger question is why I liked her in the first place.

    Aimo was nice the first few times, but hearing it over and over again was just dull, along with not liking Ranka it made the songs harder to like.

  13. #5093
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I like both girls in macF, as far as performer are concerned, but as far as character development goes, it's about as stunted as a kid growing up on coffee and smoke.

    I mean sheryl had the whole jumpstart in a relationship kind of deal, but she just remain stagnant there, and as for ranka, between alto being the sky loving KY that he is, and her being fucking timid, it's just not really there at all

    That and I spent most of the series being blindsided by my moe for klan...

    I spent the last few episodes worrying if they'd kill her off, since after michael went and die, I was fucking afraid they pulled one on her too (hell i thought she was gonna die in the episode michael dies) but it turned out to be just an epic plot device to get loli klan to pilot his valkyrie, which makes the final episode that much more awesome (not that i have anything against her giant mode)

  14. #5094
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Unless you consider her attempts to bring back Ai and stop the war near the end annoying, or how she reacted after seeing Sheryl kisses Alto, but in both case, i think it was justified. Beside this, I can't really think of anything important enough that would make you like/hate a characters

  15. #5095
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    That and I spent most of the series being blindsided by my moe for klan...

    I spent the last few episodes worrying if they'd kill her off, since after michael went and die, I was fucking afraid they pulled one on her too (hell i thought she was gonna die in the episode michael dies) but it turned out to be just an epic plot device to get loli klan to pilot his valkyrie, which makes the final episode that much more awesome (not that i have anything against her giant mode)
    I liked Klan a lot, but she didn't get enough screen time in the first half (other than her hiding in the background and saying "Michel...".). She was pretty cool in the 2nd half tho, definitively didn't deserve the "bad end" she got. >_>

  16. #5096
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I liked Klan a lot, but she didn't get enough screen time in the first half (other than her hiding in the background and saying "Michel...".). She was pretty cool in the 2nd half tho, definitively didn't deserve the "bad end" she got. >_>
    yea, would of liked it if he had just been injured badly or something and she got to take care of him

  17. #5097
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Beware your eyes (MF related!)

    omg no my eyes, why!

    be better to have something like this, i'd definantly put it on my car!



  18. #5098
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Sorry Gulkeeva, I think you might like this (NSFW):

    http://blog-imgs-41.fc2.com/y/u/n/yu...4788197456.jpg

  19. #5099
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Sorry Gulkeeva, I think you might like this (NSFW):

    http://blog-imgs-41.fc2.com/y/u/n/yu...4788197456.jpg
    Wtf...? o_o

  20. #5100
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Finally got to watch Shigofumi's bonus episode...was okay I guess. Would have been better if I was in the mood after watching the series tho.

    Not sure what to watch now....might start Gundam 00

Page 255 of 777 FirstFirst ... 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast