Page 263 of 777 FirstFirst ... 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast
Results 5241 to 5260 of 15535
  1. #5241
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    anyone watched Dragonaut: The Resonance?

  2. #5242
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcube View Post
    anyone watched Dragonaut: The Resonance?
    Worst anime ever.

  3. #5243
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Worst anime ever.
    Don't know if it's the worst, but I stopped watching it around episode 10.

  4. #5244
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    D:

  5. #5245
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    never gave it a chance, I love big titties but as soon as I saw the character design for that shit I was like... shit probably won't have any substance and only big bouncy titties. (and wow, there really is such a thing as too big)

    from what I have heard, this seems to be true.

  6. #5246
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I watched Toradora 1 and 2 tonight. I wasn't expecting much, but I liked it. No clue if they are going to drag this longer than they should, but if they can keep up this pace for 26 episodes, I should enjoy most of it.

  7. #5247
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    yeah.. I watched dragonaut for like 15episodes, and then stopped caring all together about it and never finished it.
    and yes... when you have difficulty telling if they are arms or breasts, theyre too big.

  8. #5248
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    On episode 4 now, and I still like it a lot. Kugimiya is playing the same character again, but the context made it less awkward this time (compared to Shana or Louise). Ryuji is also infinitely better than most protagonist in this kind of anime. Nice guy, but not totally clueless or stupid. I know it's miles away, but the context kinda remind of Nodame (after going through the mainstream treatment).

    Another thing I'm happy with is the amount of character so far. Only 4 (or 5), and none is useless or felt out of place. I'm sure they will add a few more, but I will be happy if they can keep this kind of dynamics.

    Also, Minori totally remind me of Makie in Negima. No clue if she is played by the same VA (probably is), but it's totally the same character (not a bad thing, she was probably my favorite character in Negima)


    [edit]
    Oh god...Kemeko's ED lyrics made me rofl. It's so....I don't have any word to describe it.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pDiQd4...eature=related

    That aside, I'm not sure if I liked the show. Stupid setting, and the few times I laughed, I felt bad because the joke was just wrong.

  9. #5249
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    finally catched up to kannagi 4

    my favorite series this season, i pretty much love all the characters, and watching their interaction and jin's reaction to everyone else's antics is fucking hillarious

    i was lol-ing when he dodged nagi and just closed the door to just crouched when he saw zange's true nature

    Tsugumi's reaction when nagi mentioned jin's porn stash was priceless as well, along with akiba's otaku segue and the senpai duo comments on everything, the nosebleed part was especially hillarious. The best part has got to be the fact that despite the series being what it is, the fanservices aren't forced and the bulk of the comedy come from the character interaction

    All in all, i really enjoyed the series even after reading the manga...which was my worry about the series since most high school series that are adapted from manga tend to be fucking dull and annoying.

  10. #5250
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    On episode 4 now, and I still like it a lot. Kugimiya is playing the same character again, but the context made it less awkward this time (compared to Shana or Louise). Ryuji is also infinitely better than most protagonist in this kind of anime. Nice guy, but not totally clueless or stupid.
    Yeah, Ryuuji seems like less of a pussy and will occasionally stand up for himself. Taiga is the fucking same as Shana and Louise, which makes me wonder if the VA can actually do another personality, but I heard she stops trying to hurt Ryuuji which is why I'm watching it, cause it is entertaining. If it was like Shana or TnZ, I never would bother watching it (hate those shitty anime).

    @ Zilong

    Fuck yes, another believer. Jin's reaction to seeing Zangi's personality was indeed gold. My favourite so far was in the first episode when Jin sees Nagi for the first time and drops his bike, then he ambles over to her and prods her in the cheek. When she reacts he freaks out in such a good way.

  11. #5251
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah, Ryuuji seems like less of a pussy and will occasionally stand up for himself. Taiga is the fucking same as Shana and Louise, which makes me wonder if the VA can actually do another personality, but I heard she stops trying to hurt Ryuuji which is why I'm watching it, cause it is entertaining. If it was like Shana or TnZ, I never would bother watching it (hate those shitty anime).
    Al in FMA? Pretty sure she can do differents job, it's the director that are about as original as Hollywood producer with their casting.

    I don't mind her character as much as I mind the lack of progress she goes through most of the time. There is always character development at some point, but it's ignored and the character is reseted back to zero. That alone piss me off more than anything. If Tsukaima and Shana would have continued from where they were at the end of season 1, I would probably have enjoyed both show a lot more. I still wouldn't call them shitty tho.

    Anyway, Toradora is definitively my favorite this seasons after 4 episodes. Characters and setting aren't particularly original (both girls were copy paste from a previous role), but it worked for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    my favorite series this season, i pretty much love all the characters, and watching their interaction and jin's reaction to everyone else's antics is fucking hillarious


    All in all, i really enjoyed the series even after reading the manga...which was my worry about the series since most high school series that are adapted from manga tend to be fucking dull and annoying.
    Is there some sort of progress/story in the manga? Or the character remain the same once they are introduced? The scenes you mentioned were funny, but I'm worried it turn into your typical school comedy (like Seto no Hanayome). It's not that I don't like those, it's just not what I was hoping for.

  12. #5252
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    I could upload Volumes 3-5 +ch30-35 if you want to skim through it. V1+2 are translated I think.

  13. #5253
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Thanks, but it's alright, I'm going to watch the anime anyway because it's decent (your post was addressed to me, right?). I just wanted to know how it will turn out to adjust my expectation in consequence.

    I'm just sad it didn't turn out to be another Tsukuyomi Moonphase or Spice and Wolf. I loved both show and was in the mood for another comedy/romance/surnatural anime.

  14. #5254
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Kugimiya Rie can do other voices (heck, she voiced that male main character in Nabari no Ou). It's just that her popular characters are pretty much all tsundere ;o

    But yeah, I love Kannagi and Toradora too.

    Edit: FUCK YEAH ZETSUBOU SENSEI GO GG YEAH

  15. #5255
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Al in FMA? Pretty sure she can do differents job, it's the director that are about as original as Hollywood producer with their casting.

    I don't mind her character as much as I mind the lack of progress she goes through most of the time. There is always character development at some point, but it's ignored and the character is reseted back to zero. That alone piss me off more than anything. If Tsukaima and Shana would have continued from where they were at the end of season 1, I would probably have enjoyed both show a lot more. I still wouldn't call them shitty tho.
    Not just like that at the end, there are multiple points in the story where it looks like the characters were advancing then BAM! Right at the end it's back to square one. It's like watching one of those American cartoons where instead of the plot never advancing, the characters never do. I think the lack of progess isn't entirely the character's fault (or the character type), but it certainly doesn't seem to help.

  16. #5256
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Kugimiya Rie can do other voices (heck, she voiced that male main character in Nabari no Ou). It's just that her popular characters are pretty much all tsundere ;o

    But yeah, I love Kannagi and Toradora too.

    Edit: FUCK YEAH ZETSUBOU SENSEI GO GG YEAH
    Yeah, I just looked at the list on wiki, and she has done quite a few differents characters.


    And gdi, I don't have time to watch SZS...but temptation is too high. Reading the background comment made me laugh before watching the episodes. This one look awesome.

  17. #5257
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Not just like that at the end, there are multiple points in the story where it looks like the characters were advancing then BAM! Right at the end it's back to square one. It's like watching one of those American cartoons where instead of the plot never advancing, the characters never do. I think the lack of progess isn't entirely the character's fault (or the character type), but it certainly doesn't seem to help.
    Yes, but when they actually kiss/declare their love near the end of the show, seeing them go back to square 1 in the next seasons is just plain annoying. I can endure the rest, but not this.

    It's definitively not the character's fault, it's the writter who doesn't know how to deal with the love triangle and make the story last, without resorting to this kind of reset all the time.

    The reason I listed tsukuyomi (even if the quality of the anime was horrible) was the constant (and unexpected) progress between the main 2 characters. It actually felt like they were going somewhere. No clue if it's the same in the manga, but it was a nice change.

  18. #5258
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    ToraDora is based off novels, not manga. Though there is a manga adaption - baka-tsuki.net has the first 2 volumes translated and alot of 3 and 4 done as well, the novels are really good and up to 7 or 8 in Japan.

    As for Kugimiya, it just so happens all her tsundere roles were in anime that JC Staff is animating, and studios have actors they like to use.

    Minori in Toradora is played by Yui Horie, aka Yoko in Inukami!, Naru in Love Hina, Siesta in ZnT, Maki in Negima, etc

    Tsukuyomi manga is still ongoing, but I only have up to volume 11 (the latest in America) I think its up to 14 now though, I think the anime went up to volume 8 or 9, lots more progress though I think.

  19. #5259
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Yeah Tsukuyomi is up to 14 now. I thought the last volume was pretty boring, it had a lot of action while I like more romance.

  20. #5260
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Yeah Tsukuyomi is up to 14 now. I thought the last volume was pretty boring, it had a lot of action while I like more romance.
    I gave up on the manga a while back, I couldnt find it at all. I'm still hoping they will make a season 2 someday, even if I'm worried it would destroy what I liked about the first one. The plot itself wasn't over, but it will be hard to top (or continue) what they did in the first one.

    The action is just an excuse for the character development. or at least, it's the impression I had. I didn't like it much in the anime, but it was needed.


    Minori in Toradora is played by Yui Horie, aka Yoko in Inukami!, Naru in Love Hina, Siesta in ZnT, Maki in Negima, etc
    Makie was kinda easy to figure out, but I had no idea she played Yoko and Siesta.

Page 263 of 777 FirstFirst ... 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast