Page 300 of 777 FirstFirst ... 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 ... LastLast
Results 5981 to 6000 of 15535
  1. #5981
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Spoiler: show
    That was definitely my favorite part of it, it all felt so real. All of the interactions between characters and how Light acted when he was finally caught, they just seemed so perfect. I may not have liked the second half as much, but the ending was definitely satisfying.


    edit: Spoilered, just in case.

  2. #5982
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Spoiler: show
    Yeah it was. The only thing that annoy me about this is that Light never had any regrets. He died begging for his life, instead of accepting it like a man. In a way, it was interesting to see his character spiraling downward from the first episode, but it's kinda depressing to end it like this.

  3. #5983
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I honestly wanted light to win for the first half, but by the second half of the series, he degenerated into some shitbag that I find myself wondering why I even read the manga anymore, since the whole sympathetic villain part is gone, and the "good guys" are bunch of inepts that are lead by 10 year olds :/

  4. #5984
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    deathnote isn't that old. may want to use spoilers. mif theres anyone left that hasnt been spoiled somewhere somehow.

  5. #5985
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Ah yeah, I am sorry, spoilered my previous post.

  6. #5986
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    kannagi is seriously over? great ending at least

  7. #5987
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    i'm dreading watching it because i really, really don't want it to be over :/

  8. #5988
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I honestly wanted light to win for the first half, but by the second half of the series, he degenerated into some shitbag that I find myself wondering why I even read the manga anymore, since the whole sympathetic villain part is gone, and the "good guys" are bunch of inepts that are lead by 10 year olds :/
    I liked Light as antagonist, but I never cheered for him. He lost any sympathy from me when he killed...what was his name..Ray Penbar(?).

    I agree that Near was too young tho. Think he was 15 or 16, not 10, but it still take away some credibility when you have a kid leading a bunch of people.

  9. #5989
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Kannagi's finale was pretty good. I love this show when it's trying to be serious... I hope there will be more eventually..


    Last scenes was stupid tho... I hate forced fanservice. Tsugumi's reaction made up for it partially tho.

  10. #5990
    Iku
    Iku is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    611
    BG Level
    5

    I think this thread need a new thread, going through 200 pages is just mind bending.

    @ page 102 atm. ~_~

  11. #5991
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    They followed the manga pretty closely, anime ended about end of volume 3, will definitely be a second season because the DVDs have sold a shit ton.

    Mangaka having some health issues but once she finishes the current arc which would finish volume 6 should be enough for another 13 episode season.

    The story doesn't really pick up until vol 5

  12. #5992
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Iku View Post
    I think this thread need a new thread, going through 200 pages is just mind bending.

    @ page 102 atm. ~_~
    don't really think theres a reason to read that far back. most of the time it's just discussion about anime episodes that are currently airing.


    has a date been set for when the 2nd Rebuild of Evangelion movie is supposed to come out?

  13. #5993
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Jeez, I still need to watch the first one, forgot about those. >.> Is the first one any different than the series? or just better animation?

  14. #5994
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    has a date been set for when the 2nd Rebuild of Evangelion movie is supposed to come out?
    lol, I just noticed your sig >.>

    Anyway, the movie is coming out in theaters in Japan this summer, and who knows when the DVD is coming out...

  15. #5995
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Jeez, I still need to watch the first one, forgot about those. >.> Is the first one any different than the series? or just better animation?
    everything is just about the same. they added more to some of the battles, but the plot stayed the same. until the last 5 minutes of the movie, it takes a huge change.
    Spoiler: show
    the last angel(the gay kid who befriends shinji) makes an appearance shortly after the big diamond angel dies)

    and the preview for the next movie makes it look like the whole story changes completely

  16. #5996
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    The first movie seemed in line with the series, but the preview does point out to the existence of extra EVA and possibility of more of shinji's classmate being a pilot, and kaworu having his own eva and shit.

    So don't know what'd happen at this point, I'm just hoping the ending will make sense this time around.

  17. #5997
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Not sure if you guys use boxtorrents or not, but they are in a freeleech period, so I figured if you guys wanted to d/l entire series and what not without having to worry about uploads, now is the time.

  18. #5998
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Touhou Animu

    I'm fucking surprised they actually used some big name for the seiyuu, with rena's seiyuu being reimu, and Inoue Kikuko supposably being yukari, among other things.

    Edit: index as suika...

  19. #5999
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Lots of big names for it, but thats the only redeeming thing about it.

    The cast is as follows:

    Mai Nakahara: Reimu Hakurei
    Miyuki Sawashiro: Marisa Kirisame
    Ayumi Fujimura: Aya Shameimaru
    Mikako Takahashi: Patchouli Knowledge
    Rie Tanaka: Sakuya Izayoi
    Ayumi Tsuji: Remilia Scarlet
    Aki Toyosaki: Suika Ibuki
    Kikuko Inoue: Narration

  20. #6000
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    If only they spend half as much of the voice budget into writing an actual story...

    I was impressed with the narration, but that's like the high point of the episode.

    All the characters seem to be too out of character, though to be fair, Touhou's profile is based off mostly fanon anyway, so I guess maybe I'm just not immersing myself in the doujins that depicts them as such.

    Let's not even get into power level discussion, but Patchouli being chased around like a little bitch and sakuya having to snuck around to protect her is enough material for me to start a rage essay. This is coming from a guy that reads all Chado's crap, but I rage at all of those anyway...

    All in all, it's a step in the right direction coming from the last attempt at touhou anime, F- to a D+ or so may sound bad, but considering that F- was somewhere along the line of 0-5% in percentile rating, it's a huge improvement...I guess...

    Meanwhile, I'll probably be a raging nameless fairy in pooshlmer.

Page 300 of 777 FirstFirst ... 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 ... LastLast