Page 331 of 777 FirstFirst ... 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 ... LastLast
Results 6601 to 6620 of 15535
  1. #6601
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    And I don't know about anyone else but that stupid robot builidng crap just really pisses me off. At this point I've been just skipping ahead two minutes. Nothing relevant has been shown about what the robot and the girl have to do with the actual story-line and it's been introduced not in season 2 but was also in season 1. Waste of two minutes spent on more interesting things honestly.
    Pay attention, the robot = Tomoya and girl = Ushio. How people can watch a show like this and fail to grasp anything is beyong me - what are you watching for? Shipping?

  2. #6602
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Pay attention, the robot = Tomoya and girl = Ushio. How people can watch a show like this and fail to grasp anything is beyong me - what are you watching for? Shipping?
    Well shit, for one thing if you didn't see the movie normally you'd have no clue Nagisa gets pregnant with Ushio until just a few episodes back. That still doesn't cut out of all Season 1 and the early episodes of 2. And to be honest I just find it to be ridiculous annoying hearing all that stuff. They don't need to put another "version" of what they feel, I'd rather them do so using the actual show.

    On top of the sheer fact you only see them for what, two minutes an episode? I don't even remember if they make an appearance each episode or not.

    Getting back to your subject I hardly believe I can't enjoy the show just because I haven't really paid attention to the robot/girl "crap".

  3. #6603
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    The thing i think they decided to do it like that, so we dont have 2 suffer 2-3 full episode of robot/girl crap. They kinda tried to make them pass at the same time

  4. #6604
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    The robot/girl stuff actually would take place near the end of the series, timeline wise - its important, but they probably don't want to fill up full episodes of it. If you skipped through them all you will have a hard time with the ending because of that.

  5. #6605
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    One thing I liked about Clannad 17 is that for the first time since the show started, the ED has actually felt natural. I hate how the show can be so depressing and emotional then the ED pops up and completely throws me out of my mood. But the way the last scene transitioned into the ED was awesome. Also, Ushio is adorable.

  6. #6606
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Randomly, I just finished watching Nana and it was pretty awesome. I don't usually watch/read shoujo/jousei stuff but Nana kept me hooked. I'm pretty sure the manga follows on from the anime, but around what volume?
    Don't know how I missed this message. I don't have your answer as I don't read the manga, but yeah, I can't wait until Nana manga ends so they'll make the continuation anime...

    And, yes, Ushio is adorable! I loved her in the visual novel and she is just as cute in the anime.

  7. #6607
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Ah, I don't think I could watch Nana week by week, back to back was awesome, so if they made a continuation it would take a while to watch it. However, it feels weird to leave Nana at that point, since it was getting soooo good. Well, I'll probably read the manga when I get the chance.

    Now all that's left in the week is 00, though I'm not sure whether I should look forward to it so much, as I'm not sure where they're taking it.

  8. #6608
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I personally thought it was a good episode of 00 this week. A lot of character development.

  9. #6609
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    620
    BG Level
    5
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    Its another setup episode for 00 this week, was alright. I LOL'd at the end though:

    Spoiler: show

    Before he launches Lyle tells Anew that he loves her over the radio and everyone hears, and Lasse says something along the lines of "it looks like he sniped her"

    And of course, the most hilarious part was at the end with everyone naming their "loved one."

    "Louise"
    "Saji"
    "Mother"
    "Taisa"
    "Marie"
    "VEDA"
    "GUNDAMU"


  10. #6610
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Its another setup episode for 00 this week, was alright. I LOL'd at the end though:

    Spoiler: show

    Before he launches Lyle tells Anew that he loves her over the radio and everyone hears, and Lasse says something along the lines of "it looks like he sniped her"

    And of course, the most hilarious part was at the end with everyone naming their "loved one."

    "Louise"
    "Saji"
    "Mother"
    "Taisa"
    "Marie"
    "VEDA"
    "GUNDAMU"

    Spoiler: show
    HAHAHA. Yes. I laughed so fucking hard at the last two. Seems like Tieria has moved past Neil and back to her first love, Veda.

    Setsuna didn't hesitate at ALL when he said "Gundam" either. That was hysterical.

    The part with Lyle telling Anew he loved her... that was awesome. Lasse's comment + Milena's "SUGOI DESU" in the background made the moment just too good.


    I don't mind setup episodes when you get a ton of character development which I felt we did.

    Spoiler: show
    We had the Andrei and Louise scene where Louise wonders if she'll be able to kill Saji if she has to, just like Andrei killed his own father. Also, you could totally tell she didn't give a shit about Andrei and that hug there.. lack of response ftw. There's hope for a happy Saji/Louise ending yet! Glad to see Saji willing to stand up and fight for a loved one though instead of being a wuss. D: It's good that he's grown a backbone in the second half of the season. I'm liking his character a lot more.

    We had the Lyle/Anew stuff, along with Soma popping back up and brushing Allelujah off all together. That sort of sucks. I wonder what Soma's like when she's angry in bed?

  11. #6611
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Haven't watched this week's 00 yet, but from what you guys described I think I'll probably like it. I actually prefer story/character development episodes than pure action/fighting anyway.

  12. #6612
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Haven't watched this week's 00 yet, but from what you guys described I think I'll probably like it. I actually prefer story/character development episodes than pure action/fighting anyway.
    Depends on what the build up is, if there's a lull after some good action (which 16 provided) then char development is welcomed. But having such dialogue before an anticipated fight or even worse, during a fight. My main problem is them dragging out an encounter longer than it needs to because they want to have some talky talky. It totally breaks the flow if they do that.

    Unrelated, recently I've been wanting to watch something with great animation and/or fight scenes. I've been watching a lot of shows that are heavy on character development and personality, so I've been looking for something more action orientated.

    Finished Mai-Otome, which was good (certainly less annoying) but lacking in the animation/action sequences and I've started watching Scrapped Princess. If I like it, I'll probably keep watching it, but I'd like to know if I should expect good animation/fights or not?

  13. #6613
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    without reading any of the last few posts, has anyone tried the AoShen sub of gundam00? I was waiting for other sub groups Ive used before, but havnt seen any others on tosho yet.

  14. #6614
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    AoShen is bad.

    inb4 bias

  15. #6615
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Here is a line from their episode 18 script:

    "We have the Celestial Beings."

  16. #6616
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    AoShen is bad.

    inb4 bias
    Shinsen or bust for latest version, with Menclave for archiving.

  17. #6617
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    are they just really late or did they stop getting posted on tokyo tosho? dont see anyone elses except aoshen and not sure where else to get it from atm.

  18. #6618
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Aoshen? More like Aoshit. Amirita?

  19. #6619
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    are they just really late or did they stop getting posted on tokyo tosho? dont see anyone elses except aoshen and not sure where else to get it from atm.
    Shinsen usually takes 1-2 days to new release. Menclave is about 4-5 episodes behind thanks to finals but they usually have the best quality, which is why I use them for archiving.

    EDIT: They need to finish Macross Frontier too...

  20. #6620
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    are they just really late or did they stop getting posted on tokyo tosho? dont see anyone elses except aoshen and not sure where else to get it from atm.
    One Man Army, an Army of One

Page 331 of 777 FirstFirst ... 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 ... LastLast