Page 373 of 777 FirstFirst ... 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast
Results 7441 to 7460 of 15535
  1. #7441
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Valkyria Chronicles was surprisingly good, I wonder how they'll intergrate all the game characters into the anime since they weren't part of the main story in the game. Also love how they try to incorporate the watercolour/canvas style too, but it's kinda faint and not that noticable in the anime.

  2. #7442
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Spoiler: show
    hopefully they didnt follow the game storyline where that chick dies

  3. #7443
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Spoiler: show
    I think they're following the game's storyline, so if she doesn't die it'll be pointless because she'll have no place there and quite a few events would be excluded or make no sense.

  4. #7444
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    i guess as long as they're making introductions and stuff in fma then there's no reason not to watch it

  5. #7445
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    So I hear hollywood isn't stopping at just DBZ... but Full metal panic and Ninja scroll now... O_o

    Mandalay nabs rights to 'Full Metal Panic'


    Ninja Scroll is to be produced by Leonardo DiCaprio (and Warner Brothers) headed company Appian Ways, whilst Mandalay Pictures has acquired the rights to Full Metal Panic.
    レオ様が映画化権持つ作品にSMA� �指名 - シネマニュース : nikkansports.com

    Hollywood must of ran outa things in the USA to make a remake of a remake on a remake

  6. #7446
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Wtf, how is it even possible to adapt FMP?

    Mecha? No fucking way, it will be done horribly, unless they have hundred of millions to make it look decent. Comedy? I can't picture that kind of humour with real people, especially not if they are portrayed as teens.


    Ninja scroll on the other hand could works. Leonardo DiCaprio actually has a decent career, and wouldnt waste it over something stupid imo, assuming the new is credible.

  7. #7447
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    If they just made the FMP movie all serious/military stuff I can see it sort of working, outside of the mechs. Then again, doing it that way wouldn't exactly be FMP.

    I guess it's best just to ignore it and hope for it to flop if it does come out, and hopefully they will stop trying to milk anime-to-live action.

  8. #7448
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I'm pretty sure DBZ didn't do well at all... Why would they want to make more movies based off that? And I mean movies based off anime, not just DBZ.

  9. #7449
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    418
    BG Level
    4

    well here's a big reason why the fmp live-action movie wont work, the worthless piece of shit Zac effron is supposed to be caught up in the movie

    that and if its a rated PG movie, probaby will be, they wont be able to put in a phyco like Mr.Gates from FMP/TSR

  10. #7450
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    If they just made the FMP movie all serious/military stuff I can see it sort of working, outside of the mechs. Then again, doing it that way wouldn't exactly be FMP.

    I guess it's best just to ignore it and hope for it to flop if it does come out, and hopefully they will stop trying to milk anime-to-live action.
    I'm surprised nobody tried to milk FMA to be honest, that shit can actually work really well in live action, but then again I would probably rage so fucking hard on the 90% chance that it'd suck hard.

    Maybe Hiromu Arakawa/Square Enix/BONES or whoever the fuck hold the right to FMA isn't that much of a whore for that.

  11. #7451
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I'm pretty sure DBZ didn't do well at all... Why would they want to make more movies based off that? And I mean movies based off anime, not just DBZ.
    Serious anime series could be adapted, but shonen and comedy can't possibly works. Of course, you always need a good director to do something good, something that rarely happen nowaday since they are just there to milk a franchise without caring about it.

  12. #7452
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    429
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Watched some of 07-ghost.. going to wait for subs though. Is it just me or are all of studio deen's character designs all alike.. its like they copied and pasted characters from vampire knight lol. Also checked out Valkyria Chronicles which I'm really looking forward to now haha, Requiem for the Phantom looks to be good, as does Asura Cryin'. FMA is of course a staple anime this season, and I loved the first ep with the water/ice alchemist =). Saki and K'ON! were enjoyable to watch as well, even though in Saki I had no idea what anything in mahjong means, so I have to read up on that hahaha. Pretty much all of the animes that came out so far I liked, except for Queens Blade as its a bit too ecchi-ish for my tastes, lol.

  13. #7453
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Queen's Blade wasn't just echhi. It was nearly full-on hentai. 07-Ghost is too much bromance for me honestly. I can't wait for Eden of the East personally.

  14. #7454
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Queen's Blade was an insult to common sense, it pretty much embodies everything that is wrong about anime.

  15. #7455
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Queen's Blade was an insult to common sense, it pretty much embodies everything that is wrong about anime.
    Something is wrong when boobies are wrong...but I agree.

  16. #7456
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Something is wrong when boobies are wrong...but I agree.
    Badly drawn tits that defies gravity is a crime against nature and humanity.

    Toss in another pair that hyperinflate when its lactation is stopped and cause a nuclear explosion, and you have yourself something along the line of shitting dicknipples

  17. #7457
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    So I hear hollywood isn't stopping at just DBZ... but Full metal panic and Ninja scroll now... O_o

    Mandalay nabs rights to 'Full Metal Panic'
    WHAT

    THE

    FUCK

  18. #7458
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,050
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I didn't even bother watching Queen's Blade >_> I might for entertainment value though.

  19. #7459
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Queens blade makes up for the lack of "action/adventure swords and magic" hentai that hasn't been coming out for the past month or so. Recently there's just been mostly molest on trains, hospital nurse action and schoolgirl /beach stuff.

    oh and not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but Pandora hearts looks to be interesting. Tears of teira? seems to be... hmmm ok, need more episodes !

  20. #7460
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I want to make an Evangelion thread, I think it deserves it's own. Maybe around the time Rebuild 2.0 releases this summer.

Page 373 of 777 FirstFirst ... 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast