Page 386 of 777 FirstFirst ... 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 ... LastLast
Results 7701 to 7720 of 15535
  1. #7701
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I don't get what you mean, "reverting back to useless forms"? Do you mean when a weapon goes back into their human form or when Black Star goes from serious fight mode to stupid mode? For the most part, Black Star is serious when he's fighting (and he does it with style) unless it's a joke battle which doesn't happen often.

    Death the Kid is fun to watch with his OCD, but it doesn't really affect him when he fights for the most part.
    No, I don't mean the weapons. I mean Black Star specifically. He talks big and does nothing and for episode 2 it went on for way too long. Then he gets serious and shows that he truly does have talent. Then 10s later he's back to being a loud mouth useless guy. I'm ok with people that feign powerlessness, but I think Black Star goes too far in that.

  2. #7702
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    He doesn't feign being powerless at all, infact the opposite, he pretends/acts like he's the best in the whole world. I think you're projecting some other characters on top of Black Star, he's awesome and his fights are pretty epic.

  3. #7703
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    He doesn't feign being powerless at all, infact the opposite, he pretends/acts like he's the best in the whole world. I think you're projecting some other characters on top of Black Star, he's awesome and his fights are pretty epic.
    In pretty much every fighting universe in existence people who talk big constantly are weak and powerless in reality And talking like he's strong is all he does, when he's talking big he's actually powerless, when he shuts up he's strong. It's a matter of him talking big 95% of the time and thus being pretty damn weak 95% of the time. And yeah I'm probably projecting early Naruto onto Black Star, that's pretty much what I think of when I see him, Naruto grew out of it, but my friend said this was somewhat more of a comedy and doesn't take itself seriously so there's a chance Black Star never grows out of it.

    How much fighting is in the anime? The fights are pretty cool, and the show has a lot of potential to be enjoyable. I just want more fighting and less Black Star bragging/Death the Kid emo-ness. The fact that Soul seems to be in with Black Star means I'll probably dislike a lot of those scenes, heh. I am liking Death the Kids weapons, especially how they can fight with each other, that's pretty nice. I probably like half of each team.

  4. #7704
    Always Cabrón!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    463
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    I hope this remake trend gets Trigun a run.
    ^ THIS (considering the manga is so damn epic)

  5. #7705
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    In pretty much every fighting universe in existence people who talk big constantly are weak and powerless in reality And talking like he's strong is all he does, when he's talking big he's actually powerless, when he shuts up he's strong. It's a matter of him talking big 95% of the time and thus being pretty damn weak 95% of the time. And yeah I'm probably projecting early Naruto onto Black Star, that's pretty much what I think of when I see him, Naruto grew out of it, but my friend said this was somewhat more of a comedy and doesn't take itself seriously so there's a chance Black Star never grows out of it.

    How much fighting is in the anime? The fights are pretty cool, and the show has a lot of potential to be enjoyable. I just want more fighting and less Black Star bragging/Death the Kid emo-ness. The fact that Soul seems to be in with Black Star means I'll probably dislike a lot of those scenes, heh. I am liking Death the Kids weapons, especially how they can fight with each other, that's pretty nice. I probably like half of each team.
    I probably should have elaborated more, BS (fitting...) talks big and most of the time he can back it up. There are only a few times when he talks shit but isn't actually stronger than his opponent. I think you could keep watching and see, BS has a lot of good, meaningful moments with Tsubaki and the two share a good relationship.

    The show is comedy based, well I feel like the manga is, the anime is a bit more serious when it comes to fighting/encounters so by the end it's all good. There are a lot of good fights, some are good, some are bad, some aren't even really fights while others are fucking awesome. Depends on how far you watch. If the characters annoy you that much, I suggest you stop watching, because for the most part there isn't any grand personality changes/evolution even if the relationships get stronger.

    For me, if any of them annoyed me, I would've stopped watching, but all of them are fun to watch.

  6. #7706
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Gonna have to give us a bit more, cause I have no idea what you're talking about.
    first gurren movie. mostly old stuff but it has some new fight scenes.

  7. #7707
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenze View Post
    ^ THIS (considering the manga is so damn epic)
    I'd love love love a Trigun remake as well.

  8. #7708
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    first gurren movie. mostly old stuff but it has some new fight scenes.
    Oh, is that the one that basically recaps the whole of gurren lagann? I thought it was based on something else... but that could have been the manga and/or that music video.

  9. #7709
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    its only the first half. has a few new scenes.

    movie 2 is second half with a focus on nia + simon's relationship, and a new ending.

  10. #7710
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    its only the first half. has a few new scenes.

    movie 2 is second half with a focus on nia + simon's relationship, and a new ending.
    Sounds like another way to milk the series but I don't mind watching the movies. : p

  11. #7711
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    I'd love love love a Trigun remake as well.
    erm, pardon the heresy but can someone give me a reason to continue watching trigun? he's already met blackwood or w/e the priest's name is and I think he finally actually used a bullet (gdi I hate spiderman types that won't kill)

    probably the horrible dubs/english voices threw me off, and older style animation generally bothers me

    help me out, kinda in between animes but I have it downloaded on a reccommend from a friend

  12. #7712
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I watched Valkyria chronicle ep3 a moment ago...why is Alicia freaking out when she is named second in command? I don't understand why it's an issue to be with Welkin.

    Anyway, rest of the episode was great, I loved it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    erm, pardon the heresy but can someone give me a reason to continue watching trigun? he's already met blackwood or w/e the priest's name is and I think he finally actually used a bullet (gdi I hate spiderman types that won't kill)

    probably the horrible dubs/english voices threw me off, and older style animation generally bothers me

    help me out, kinda in between animes but I have it downloaded on a reccommend from a friend
    Old animes are like old video games. They were awesome back then, but now, it's mostly nostalgia when you compare it to the more recent one. .


    Anyway, I can't give you a reason to watch it, but why not? If you're halfway through the series, it will only take 4 hours to finish it. Maybe you wont like it, but at least, you will know what people are talking about when they mention it >_>.

  13. #7713
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I watched Valkyria chronicle ep3 a moment ago...why is Alicia freaking out when she is named second in command? I don't understand why it's an issue to be with Welkin.

    Anyway, rest of the episode was great, I loved it.
    Probably because he just appeared and had no training whatsoever while Alicia had already been apart of the town watch and then joined the militia? Also, she clearly thinks he's weird.

  14. #7714
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    erm, pardon the heresy but can someone give me a reason to continue watching trigun? he's already met blackwood or w/e the priest's name is and I think he finally actually used a bullet (gdi I hate spiderman types that won't kill)

    probably the horrible dubs/english voices threw me off, and older style animation generally bothers me

    help me out, kinda in between animes but I have it downloaded on a reccommend from a friend
    Trigun is pretty overrated. It gets a bit more interesting later on, but it's nothing special really.

  15. #7715
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Probably because he just appeared and had no training whatsoever while Alicia had already been apart of the town watch and then joined the militia? Also, she clearly thinks he's weird.
    I know what she said, but she is still overeacting in the context. She almost make it sounds like it's a pain, when she admired him earlier when he was helping them.

    I'm not saying it's out of character completely (anime girl's cliché reaction ), but I don't understand what kind of logic she used.

  16. #7716
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah, I get what you mean, but as you said.. cliche reaction. Probably doesn't want to get bossed around by some dude she just met.

  17. #7717
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I think it was the continuation of her initial reaction (when she thought he was a spy), mixed with some awkward love feeling. It's just weird she doesnt trust him more after what they went through.

    Anyway, I'm just nitpicking the show because I love it. Her reaction was meant to be funny, and she came back to her more serious self ten seconds later. I'm just worried the character fall into stupid cliché and start being boring and irrational.

  18. #7718
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    [DVDISO][090422] 天元突破グレンラガン 紅蓮篇(iso+mds+rr3%).part1.rar
    [DVDISO][090422] 天元突破グレンラガン 紅蓮篇(iso+mds+rr3%).part2.rar
    [DVDISO][090422] 天元突破グレンラガン 紅蓮篇(iso+mds+rr3%).part3.rar

    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    damit 6.8GB! ( at 32K/sec ....)

  19. #7719
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I think it was the continuation of her initial reaction (when she thought he was a spy), mixed with some awkward love feeling. It's just weird she doesnt trust him more after what they went through.
    She trusts him most more than anyone on the team ('cept Isara, but that's a given). Just an awkward reaction, she didn't expect to be put in that situation. Next episode looks kinda filler-ish, but I don't mind that much since seeing new stuff is nice and the characters are entertaining. And Welkin was given command because he HAD training, but no actual (or little) combat experience.

  20. #7720
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    End of Gurren movie (last 20min~) is different from the series, it's worth watching when it comes out subbed.

Page 386 of 777 FirstFirst ... 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 ... LastLast