Just watch the goddamn thing, what the fuck did you watch last season to not have room for SnW anyway?
Just watch the goddamn thing, what the fuck did you watch last season to not have room for SnW anyway?
I didn't mean it like this. I'm obviously going to watch it, and would keep watching even if it fucking sucked just because I loved the first season.
I had enough room to watch it, I simply decided to wait and save it for an awesome marathon later. Waiting 1 week between episodes kill the mood, and since there is no risk of being spoiled (plot is secondary), it sounded like a good idea.
So what did everyone think of this past season?
I kept up with Naruto, Bakemonogatari, Spice and Wolf II, Saki, and Princess Lover. Bakemonogatari will go down as probably one of my favorites if they redo episode 10. Spice and Wolf did not disappoint me and leaves for a great season 3 ahead (if there is enough material?). Saki is interesting, but nothing entirely memorable. Princess Lover felt like a story that had potential in its animation style but failed horribly plot wise.
Naruto is Naruto and will run for a while....
I think I will go back and watch Umineko, Cannon, and Tiars to Tiara at a later time.
I thought this season was average. FMA and Bakemonogatari are really the only two this season that really stand out to me, but FMA will continue through the next few seasons, so, I'm not sure if that really counts. Spice and Wolf and Saki were more just fun to watch to me, and not really amazing. Along with the few others I watched this season.
How much different is FMA vs brotherhood? I figure I wait a while and let the series finish and watch it all together (and forgetting some of the series be a little more interesting to watch).
This anime is identical to the manga, with the exception of minor elements that were already covered in the first anime. In overall, it's a great adaptation.
Basically Brotherhood #1-10 is similar to episode #~1-20 of the old anime (up to greed), after that, it takes a completely different route.
If you liked the first anime, you should really watch this series or read the manga (or both). You won't regret it. If you don't want to watch stuff you have seen already, you could simply read early manga chapter, and jump to the anime around greed arc (it got an awesome fight)
Bakemonogatari EP12
Enjoyable EP as it pretty much revolved around Koyomi and Hitagi but I wish they didn't waste 15 minute of it just on car scene but them holding hand and looking at stars while talking was very touching near the end.
If it wasn't for animation budget I would have put this as best anime this season but over all Shaft did make another hit anime that makes me hungry for more so hopefully once the last 3 ep are released online we'll get a second season in near future.
The car scene has some of the greatest dialog. For starters, he was baited into a "date". Confined in a car, driven by her dad, he was left to restrain some of his speech. However, Senjougahara's provocative tactics in getting Araragi to say things was funny. She also forces him to address her as Hitagi, which in our culture is meaningless, but different in Japanese. She takes honorifics seriously, but I guess she let the Kanbaru reference slide. It is also meaningful in a Japanese love relationship.
What else do we get? She toys with his inner thigh and whispers unknown but erotic ideas to make herself seem more ero in comparison to Kanbaru. She gets him to say that he loves her in front of herself and her father. And at the end of it all, her father, in a straightforward manner, accepts Araragi for how he helped his daughter and the fact that she chose him.
She also gets Araragi to promise her that he will visit her house every day to study. His grades have improved. She is trying to give back what she can in return for curing her "illness". In the end, she manages to lay out everything and sums it all up when they lay on the grass. She wants to give everything she has to be with him. Her father's acceptance, her kouhai, her treasured memory of looking at the stars when her family was together...
I fucking love Senjougahara, that is all.
I guess her absence on the last few episode is just to give this episode that much more kick, but even then I don't really see the point because there is no fucking way anyone could ever get tired of her to begin with.
Oh spice and wolf is already over wtf @ that :/
Spice and Wolf II
Ended too soon but hopefully Season 3 comes ASAP as i can't get enough of Horo.
Canaan EP13
-I wish the final battle was longer
-Somewhat satisfying ending
-Cummings a MONK? lol
This is certainly my favorite show this season but alot of people will argue the plot was weak and over top at points but these point what sold show for me cause it didn't take itself seriously and just what you to have fun. PA did an amazing job by keep the animation quality ridiculously high all way through which i hope we'll see for their next anime project.
Just finished Phantom. Totally expected that ending.. but I did enjoy the series overall.
On to Saki and Canaan..
I also loved EP12 of Bakemonogatari. Popsiclestix pretty much summed up the awesomeness of it.
I started watching Soul Eater earlier today. Around what episode should I jump to the manga? Also, is it worth starting over from chapter 1 when I change , or nothing important will be lost.
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It's not particularly original, but it's really well done. Good action, likeable characters, good jokes. The art and animation are probably the best part thought, it's so much better than most animes.
Bakemonogatari's car scene was awesome. My favorite part is when she left him with his father..didnt expect this at all. I'm glad its ending with this arc, the rest looked retarded.
Umineko was decent again this week. At least, it doesnt feel like a repeat of the last arc.
As far as I can remember, Soul Eater does the same thing Claymore did. It pretty much followed the manga perfectly, up until 5 or 6 episodes before the ending, and then kind of just changed the ending of the anime to actually end, and split from the manga. Probably worth starting around chapter 46 in the manga, if you watch the whole anime.
edit: Hmm, maybe a few chapters before that actually. I can't remember when, but a certain character dies in the manga, that doesn't in the anime. Manga spoiler:Spoiler: show
That is true too, only 64 chapters at the moment anyways.
Maaka has hoooorrriiiiiibaaaaad VA, either that or she just sounded like that due to the cocks she had to suck for that role, either way, it really took away from my enjoyment of the series.
And what do you mean by retarded?
I'm still waiting for an OP with Yui Horie singing, and hopefully the online ep will cover Koyomi Vamp.
If the Claymore anime taught me anything, I'd start reading Soul Eater from the beginning. You'll find little things you like more in the manga or found more interesting in the anime. Needless to say I love reading manga because it takes less time. No need to listen to the VAs be all emotional and shit.
I'm really behind on anime, so I'll just pick up batches of the shows I like... Oh well.
it'd be less annoying if maaka wasn't the main character of the series.
But she is, and her seiyuu fucking sucks, probably in more way than one.