Page 521 of 777 FirstFirst ... 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 571 ... LastLast
Results 10401 to 10420 of 15535
  1. #10401
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    http://i45.tinypic.com/2gwcrx5.jpg
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Was released Today in Japanese theaters and 2-D Teleidoscope was kind enough to post his Semi Review

    Spoiler: show

    http://2dteleidoscope.wordpress.com/...ing-like-that/
    I’m back from a morning screening of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. I promised Yumeka that I’d give a full report tout-suite, so here we go, organized haphazardly with as few introductory frills as possible. As for spoilers, please proceed at your own risk.
    Looks like “The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya” is the official English title, since that’s what we got on the screen in white letters at the very start. The movie begins from Kyon’s eye view, as he reluctantly gets out of bed in the morning. This is a motif that will repeat itself several times more before the two and a half hours are up. From there, we get an exacting adaptation of the novel. With the exception of a line or two, the script is utterly faithful to the original. This was a big bonus for me, since my Japanese is quite poor. I was able to follow along, and I was entertained enough to ignore the gaps in understanding.

    The identity of who caused the incident is both mysterious and totally not. We don’t get to hear Tanabata-Era Nagato say the name, but her lips are animated enough that we can actually lip-read two of the three syllables. I suspect this is more a matter of following the book’s style than really expecting anyone to be surprised. By the way, the animation is gorgeous, as expected of KyoAni. The numerous instances where Kyon finds himself at a FamilyMart hint at where some of the money came from.

    There is an updated version of the original Haruhi opening. The music sounds slightly different, and Aya Hirano sounds a little harder or deeper than she originally was, but it’s pretty much the same song. The animation is a rainbow pattern of Haruhi silhouettes doing various things in unison, while in a separate window the club members are shown entering one by one and gathering around the heater. At the end of the “OP,” there’s only one silhouette left, and she slowly disappears into a trapdoor. Spooky.

    Speaking of music, up until the disappearance happens, we get regular music from the TV show. But immediately afterwards and for the rest of the movie, it’s mostly orchestral arrangements. A lot of it sounds rousing and adventurous, especially when Kyon starts putting the pieces together. I liked it as a tone-setter.

    Seeing everything in motion before my eyes, I now definitely see the story’s homage to Back to the Future Part II. Kyon hiding from himself and Mikuru, for one, but in the café scene where Alt-Koizumi describes the possibilities of what’s happened, he draws a diagram on a napkin suspiciously similar to Doc Brown’s explanation of the alternate 1985. That was kind of neat.

    Asakura’s last scene was fabulous. If there was one moment when I was truly on the edge of my seat, that was it.
    Yuki… Wow, where to start? Alt-Yuki’s voice is higher, more fragile and uncertain sounding. It’s actually kind of freaky
    , seeing this person who is almost Nagato Yuki in every way including the way she sounds, but ever so slightly off. Props to Chihara Minori for her voice work.

    The moe for Alt-Yuki is incredibly strong. KyoAni added some details: When she holds Kyon’s sleeve when he’s about to leave her apartment, she not only blushes, but the tops of her ears turn red also. When Kyon decides to activate the emergency program and returns the Literature Club application to Yuki, the book says that Kyon can’t see her expression. In the movie, she has a look on her face like she’s about to burst into tears, but then she just barely holds it in. Ah, that scene really hurt… But it was very well done, a great embellishment.
    Kyon’s realization at the climax, that he’s been having fun and that he wants everything back, is handled with Evangelion-esque abstractions and conversations with avatars. I wasn’t expecting that. It was brief and quite deftly handled, though; better to see Kyon actually argue with himself than to simply hear his monologue at such an important time.

    Shippers are in for a delight. I won’t say how, but Kyon demonstrates real attraction to and affection for Haruhi in one of the last scenes. Yuki also gets a great rooftop scene with Kyon, too, where he may (or may not) have called her by her first name for the first time. Again, these are KyoAni embellishments that made the whole thing so much better.

    The film ends not as I thought it would (perhaps with some version of Hare Hare Yukai): After Kyon says his last line from the book, it’s just plain black and white scrolling credits, set to a song sung by Chihara Minori with no accompaniment. I couldn’t get the entirety of it, but it sounded like Alt-Yuki, or real Yuki in her heart of hearts, telling us not to forget… something. It was haunting.

    Lastly, I was happy to see at the very end of the credits, in English:

    Special Thanks
    All fans


    That was nice. And when you watch, remember that there’s something afterwards!

    Okay, I think that ought to do it. This is literally twice the length of a usual blog entry. I’ll write about my actual experience next time, if there’s interest.

    Oh, I also got a booklet with what looks like exclusive art from Noizi Itoh.

    Not sure, though.

    God… This was worth the long journey (I’ll talk about that later if there’s interest), but right now I am so tired

  2. #10402
    Certified Man-Child
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,470
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Wanted to know if the new Gurren Lagann movie was streaming anywhere? PC moniter died, and wanted to stream it from my PS3 via my LCD TV.

  3. #10403
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Wanted to know if the new Gurren Lagann movie was streaming anywhere? PC moniter died, and wanted to stream it from my PS3 via my LCD TV.
    OR you can use your LCD tv as a PC monitor.

  4. #10404
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    What's the deal with the recent BSS release? I feel like it'd be infinitely easier if the numbering wasn't so weird but did they release episode 1 and then 3 of the extras? What happened to two?

  5. #10405
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,500
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    So what's the deal with Lordgenome in the movie? In the series he seems to just retreat along with any survivors to the various spiral home worlds and concedes to limit his world's population to allow the surival of the species as a whole but in the ova thing and the second movie made it seem that he went insane and started killing all his comrades then attacking the earth.

  6. #10406
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    http://www.moresay.com/wp-content/up...osdlm01hy9.jpg
    Director: Araki Testuro (Death Note, Kurozuka, Gungrave, Black Lagoon, Blue Literature)
    Series Composition: Kuroda Yousuke (Gundam 00, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Honey and Clover)
    Character Designer: Tanaka Masayoshi (Toradora!)
    Animation Production: MADHOUSE


    WOW

    Character Design

  7. #10407
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    What's the deal with the recent BSS release? I feel like it'd be infinitely easier if the numbering wasn't so weird but did they release episode 1 and then 3 of the extras? What happened to two?
    [BSS] ​_Darker​_Than​_Black​_-​_Gemini​_of​_the​_Meteor​_-​_03​ _[720p,BluRay][C400B5D5].​mkv

    BD rip of episode 3 of season 2 Gemini of the Meteor

    [BSS] ​_Darker​_Than​_Black​_-​_The​_Black​_Contractor​_-​_Gaiden​_-​_01​ _[35218661].​mkv

    BD rip of episode 1 of the OVA set between seasons 1 and 2

  8. #10408
    Certified Man-Child
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,470
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    OR you can use your LCD tv as a PC monitor.
    Saw that coming, lol. I can't fit the LCD moniter in to the desk area. If I move my PC, I would have a shit load of wires across the room. Not worth the trouble. Might just find a cable to hook the LCD to the laptop and do that.

  9. #10409
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    just finished watching great teacher onizuka, not really a fan of old school animation like that but damn it was such an amazing show

  10. #10410
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    What does the Winter bring, if not yet another Spring? (More obscure references, that’s what.)

    I am in the process of putting together a Spring summary, which is delayed because of work, travel and real life. If you are aching for a summary, then there are several other Spring charts floating around the internets that provide a good overview. I hope to get one out in a few days, either way.

    * Kuroshitsuji is in July.
    * Strike Witches is not airing this season.
    * Sekirei is not airing this season.
    * Black Rock Shooter is an OVA.
    * Even if movies are apparently “released” on a certain date, they are usually in theatres and so won’t be released online anywhere near the date.
    * 2000-2009 charts are coming along somehow


    Enjoy Winter.
    Edit List missing HeroMan from Bones.

  11. #10411
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Aside Negima ova and DTB ova, I dont think I care about anything...

  12. #10412
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Aside Negima ova and DTB ova, I dont think I care about anything...
    trigun!

    speaking of.. I think that's another anime that deserves a remake that follows the manga.
    Last few seasons of anime have all been full of garbage.

  13. #10413
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Oh, missed trigun. Yeah, I will watch that one.


    I'm loving this season so far, but the one before and next are lame.

  14. #10414
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    YUUUUUUUUUUUUS@Sengoku Basara II and Sekirei (finallyyyy)

    Edit: I assume that means if it doesn't end up in Spring it will definitely be in Summer.

  15. #10415
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Looks like Bakemonogatari Ep14 is dated for 3/24 and Ep15 for 4/7.


    Ichiban Ushiro no Daima? Promo(Hurray for boobs and butt shots?)
    Spoiler: show



  16. #10416
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    http://www.moresay.com/wp-content/up...osdlm01hy9.jpg
    Director: Araki Testuro (Death Note, Kurozuka, Gungrave, Black Lagoon, Blue Literature)
    Series Composition: Kuroda Yousuke (Gundam 00, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Honey and Clover)
    Character Designer: Tanaka Masayoshi (Toradora!)
    Animation Production: MADHOUSE


    WOW

    Character Design
    Telling by the way it looks I would have thought it would have been made by the creators of tengi tange or whatever that anime was called.

  17. #10417
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcube View Post
    just finished watching great teacher onizuka, not really a fan of old school animation like that but damn it was such an amazing show
    whtttt. lol the animation for Great Teacher Onizuka is awesome D:. Also yes the show is pretty dam good. I really wish they had extended the anime before they ended it when he came to the states : (

  18. #10418
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSnow View Post
    Telling by the way it looks I would have thought it would have been made by the creators of tengi tange or whatever that anime was called.
    Oh! Great's art is actually really, really solid. It's just... his stories that suck. And some of his designs, but mostly they're good. That man can draw perspective like no one else can.

  19. #10419
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    The manga artist for Highschool of the Dead mainly does hentai and doujins for DigitalAccel Works, his brother(?) is the author. Hence the character designs

    They got an great staff for the anime, Madhouse is awesome. Very excited.

  20. #10420
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    http://i45.tinypic.com/a5g3ki.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/16c3ub8.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/9qelbl.jpg
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2holdut.jpg
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2cy1r8l.jpg


    Newest character(grey hair) details

    From mike_s_6, on the male new character:

    Translation of Celestial Station 00R radio show, host Irino Miyu & Yun Kouga (character designer)

    - Regarding the character that was from the end of the year event
    - He is a type that hasn't quite existed among the characters that have been introduced so far. [1]
    - From the image, he has a wild charm, looks polished, strong-willed, and quite powerful as a fighter.
    - On first impression, Irino says, "A goatee..."
    - It's a goatee huh.
    - The goatee is impressive.
    - It's very burly. [2]
    - Chiba likes goatees.
    - Compared to one where there's no goatee, adding it is good isn't it? -by Mizushima

    [1] This sentence is so vague, it hurts. 2ch itself is going, "huh?"
    [2] LOL
    7 months to go till release!

Page 521 of 777 FirstFirst ... 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 571 ... LastLast