Page 550 of 777 FirstFirst ... 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 600 ... LastLast
Results 10981 to 11000 of 15535
  1. #10981
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    the series is nice, but it lacks action or romance in it to make it all that memorable for me

    granted the last few episodes filled with naked guys does make it memorable for all the wrong reason

  2. #10982
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Same here, I did manage to get to episode 8, but lost interesting and now it's been a long time. I can't be asked to watch the series from the start again.

  3. #10983
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    On the note of Eureka Seven.. one of my favorite tracks from probably any anime:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23j1mxqkrI

    AMV was done by Bones Studio on the Complete Best CD. Just fucking love it. It's not your typical super, hyperactive song.. but just so nice and peaceful.

    On Eden of the East.. I actually liked it, and there were subtle moments of romance here and there.

  4. #10984
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    problem of the series is that it's too subtle in basically everything, to a point of slice of life, except for the whole noblesse plot

    which isn't really bad per se, but it's not what I watch anime for, it felt more like some live action drama.

    not J-drama of course, fuck that shit

  5. #10985
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Eh. It's a nice change from the other overused plots in anime lately, that's for sure. Hell, I remember some time ago where just about every anime out was vampire related, lol

  6. #10986
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    On the note of Eureka Seven.. one of my favorite tracks from probably any anime:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23j1mxqkrI

    AMV was done by Bones Studio on the Complete Best CD. Just fucking love it. It's not your typical super, hyperactive song.. but just so nice and peaceful.

    On Eden of the East.. I actually liked it, and there were subtle moments of romance here and there.
    That song's pretty nice, though I don't remember hearing it before. Does the Best CD have a lot of songs not in series?

  7. #10987
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    That song's pretty nice, though I don't remember hearing it before. Does the Best CD have a lot of songs not in series?
    You did hear it, but you just don't remember it. You hear it during the last episode in the big montage with Renton going to save Eureka there near the end before the epilogue.

    And iirc, it only has one song (Realize by FLOW) that's not actually in the series. That one's in a PS2 game for Eureka Seven and the surrounding universe.

  8. #10988
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    problem of the series is that it's too subtle in basically everything, to a point of slice of life, except for the whole noblesse plot

    which isn't really bad per se, but it's not what I watch anime for, it felt more like some live action drama.

    not J-drama of course, fuck that shit
    exactly why i liked it, I saw this anime and im like hollywood could make this a movie

  9. #10989
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    the series is nice, but it lacks action or romance in it to make it all that memorable for me

    granted the last few episodes filled with naked guys does make it memorable for all the wrong reason
    2nd movie is just as crappy, atleast on the romance end of it.

  10. #10990
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    It's going to suck if this is the last season preview Random Curiosity does. I wasn't that interested in too many things this season but after reading their previews I'm thinking this might be a huge season of anime for me with 4-5 shows, lol. Granted most of them will still be "wait to see what everyone else is raving about" and download a batch at the end, still I was thinking there was only K-ON! season 2 and a comedy show is really only good for filling in the holes, not an "omg can't wait to see next episode!" type show I like to always have going.

  11. #10991
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Angel Beats is the one series I'm really excited about. I love the stories Key makes, and although this premise sounds weird and very different from their typical make-you-go-bawwwwwwwww dramas, I have faith it'll be something good.

    Oh, and bleh at K-ON!. I refuse to watch the second season after how mediocre the first felt..

  12. #10992
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    I've read the K-ON! manga and I laugh at it quite a bit. Hopefully season 2 does a bit better at adapting the humor to anime form. If nothing else, it's cute, will probably have a good OP/ED with a couple good songs and I like all the characters.

    I think the 4-panel comics don't translate too well to anime, but I think it's possible to get it right, going to give it a shot either way.

  13. #10993
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Azumanga Daioh was a good adaption of 4 koma.

  14. #10994
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Azumanga Daioh was a good adaption of 4 koma.
    Kinda funny cause I didn't last but 2-3min watching that, lol. I should give it another try now though...

  15. #10995
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Well you'd have to like the source material regardless of it being a 4 koma or not. It's pretty highly rated though.

    Most 4-koma's seem to be episodic comedy. Azumanga, Lucky Star, K-On all fall into this.

  16. #10996
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Here is the series I'll be watching 100% no question asked to the end

    Kaichou wa Maid-sama!(Manga is great, and J.C.STAFF count me in).
    WORKING!!(Loved the first episode and the manga).
    Arakawa Under the Bridge(It's Shaft, even if the animation sucks, the dialogue and voices will be top notch).
    Mayoi Neko Overrun!( my Guilty Pleasure this season).
    Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei.
    Saraiya Goyou.
    HEROMAN
    Angel Beats!(Key animation without Kyoto on it, sign me in).

    Judgment on first to third episodes:
    RAINBOW
    Senkou no Night Raid
    Hakuouki
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    B Gata H Kei
    Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru
    Ring ni Kakero 1: Shadow-hen
    GIANT KILLING

    Fuck No List
    K-ON!!(Fuck this Shit)
    kiss x sis(Boring)

    If anyone goes shit on me on hating K-On your retarded, it's a mega hit show that will not only be the hit of the season, the DVD/BD and merchandise etc, will sell a bucket load of money for Kyoto.

  17. #10997
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    So you hate success?

  18. #10998
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    BG Level
    4

    Man Ker is a hating machine. . . fun to troll him with K-on stuff =)

    Don't like KissXSis? Honestly, as indecent it is, it is pretty hilarious stuff. I hope no one goes sheep mode and listen to Ker and not check it out; just keep an open mind =D

  19. #10999
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    K-on is basically azumanga, except it pretends to be about music.

  20. #11000
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Azumanga is great, but Yotsuba&! is so much better. K-On! is good stuff, but like I've said before and others before/after me, needs more music. Actually, it only needs one song, they need to play the ED at some point, then I'll be satisfied. Anyway, I'd give Azumanga another chance, I think it'll be like most of the shows that start off slow because you don't know the characters, but once you do everything becomes hilarious.

    Kiss x Sis (recently just read about 7 chapters) just seems like a normal ecchi thing. I think it goes a little further than most ecchi shows do, but I'd have to read more to find out, and when it comes to reading manga, there are a few things higher in the list. But like I said before, I reckon if you like ecchi, you'll like this.

    To be honest, I've ignored Ker mostly throughout this topic because of all the railgun shit. But still, this is funny stuff.

Page 550 of 777 FirstFirst ... 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 600 ... LastLast