Page 680 of 777 FirstFirst ... 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 730 ... LastLast
Results 13581 to 13600 of 15535
  1. #13581
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,097
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    if you skipped the manga 1-51, then you missed a ton of stuff regarding Yuno.

  2. #13582
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,728
    BG Level
    10

    Chapter 52 is the part of the story where everything starts to get into the "what the fuck is happening!?" territory. Yuno is an awesome and really well done yandere. In the earlier chapters when things were a little easier to follow she's just flat-out batshit crazy. She literally does everything and anything to keep Yukiteru not only safe but to herself.

  3. #13583
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Is that Kalafina clip a new anime? I couldn't find anything about it.
    It's Kara no Kyoukai movies, nothing new.

  4. #13584
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Well yea I think I can pretty safely decide how the story works just from what I read, chapter 52 onward reveals a lot and it made sense to me. Her protecting the dude makes perfect sense, given the plot I saw revealed.

    Spoiler: show
    Basically, she is the winner of the game to kill all the other people with those magical phones they call diarys. She won by agreeing to do a double suicide with that dude but he was a sucker and actually did it and she was like 'LOL psych' because she thought after she won she'd be able to 'become god' and bring him back to life. Sadly she wasn't able to so she just went back in time and ended up having to kill herself to live in her place again. As a result she just let events play out as they did in the past life/world ignoring that things would end up the same, with her having to kill him to progress the game. He discovers this all thanks to the little girl who is the 'ref' of the game led by the giant thing 'god'. She obviously is trying to play both sides and make the ending more spectacular for whoever is watching the game I assume, or for her own enjoyment, who knows. Suddenly someone called the 9th shows up and rescues the dude right before he's about to die and Yuno is being declared the 3rd winner. I have no idea who the 9th is, I assume they showed up in the story earlier and they looked like a more rugged Yuno maybe, but I have no idea how a '9th' winner would have 'time leapt' back that far or for what reason or whatever. This is where my understanding falls about because I stopped reading after they time leapt after the little girl referee and Yuno the 2nd to kill/stop her. I figure I'll let the rest of the story surprise me.

    The scene where she is trying to revive him when he's dead is pretty fucked up. They actually show his dead retarded ass face with no soul and her creepy as yandere eyes. I laughed/squirmed, pretty messed up image there.

  5. #13585
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    I like Bakuman more and more with every episode... Please tell me it stays this good.

  6. #13586
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    The manga stays good, that much I know.

  7. #13587
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Fractal(Winter Season)

    The first 30 second commercial for Fractale just aired after Kuragehime.


    Pictures from the same trailer.
    Spoiler: show





    Edit

    Aniplex, A-1 Pictures Launch Anohana Project Anime
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-project-anime
    The production company Aniplex, the broadcaster Fuji TV, and the anime studio A-1 Pictures have launched an all-original anime project called Anohana Project. "Chō Heiwa Busters" is credited as the original creator. The official website features the logo of the new title, reworked as a word puzzle. People who solve the puzzle before December 30 will receive new information on the anime and a present.

  8. #13588
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Fu that girl for having a dress that reminded me of Mai-Otome :<

  9. #13589
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Hana-Saku Iroha Trailer


    Yumekui Merry Promo(Winter Season).

    a Series with no hype. despite that I'm looking forward to it since it's a J.C.STAFF(I'm big fan) with Shigeyasu YAMAUCHI directing (Dragon Ball Z+Movies, Dr Slump etc).
    Spoiler: show





    Edit

    Fractal 15 seconds Trailer
    A New trailer was posted in the main website, it's same one except a new character is introduced.

    ^
    the moe look from the manga/concept art has been removed, in favor of a sensible look for the characters.

  10. #13590
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Index Season 2 Ep10

    Lets get this out the way, this episode had inconsistent animation(ranged from good to bad), I wonder if they ran out of budget or they saving most for second half of the series, specifically the battle between accelerator and his mentor.

    Good amount of action in the episode, I found it amusing Oriana having an orgasm with her battle against Touma and Tsuchimikado.

    The last part could have been awesome as it started the Misaka+Touma's family meal but alas the animation was so uneven I found it distracting(at least they will fix the animation mistakes in DVD/BD release).

    Spoiler: show



    ^
    summaries the Battle nicely.


    Edit
    Katanagatari Ep12 Fuck you Nisio Isin

    WHAT A BULLSHIT ENDING. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't know about this before hand. only good thing is the final boss battle, which had excellent animation and impressive visuals.

    Spoiler: show



    ^
    EPIC FAIL(major spoiler)

  11. #13591
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    the moe look from the manga/concept art has been removed, in favor of a sensible look for the characters.
    I can't express how happy I am after reading something like this.

  12. #13592
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    It is surprising, usually that doe-eyed look is plasted across everything possible, not taken out. Also, is Katanagatari finished now? I might start watching if so.

  13. #13593
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,097
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    its only 12 episodes long, so yes. I don't think there's a sub out yet for it though. Should be subbed soon. Clicking that spoiler is so tempting but I'd rather wait and watch for myself :/

  14. #13594
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It is surprising, usually that doe-eyed look is plasted across everything possible, not taken out. Also, is Katanagatari finished now? I might start watching if so.
    Will be subbed by the time you finish it, so yeah, can start now (unless you're waiting for a batch files)

  15. #13595
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Nisio Isshin is kinda a horrible writer, I though we've discussed this

  16. #13596
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Is it just me or does index look slightly taller in episode ten compared to season one? I'm probably imagining it or it's the animation budget being skimped upon though.

  17. #13597
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Katanagatari 12

    Spoiler: show
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU That was such a BS ending, although his fight scenes with him destroying all of the swords was pretty badass.

  18. #13598
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,097
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    katanagatari...

    Spoiler: show
    ALL OF MY RAGE. I swore someone on here said she didn't die..... the entire time she was explaining how she was just using shichika, I was saying in my head "no, no, no, that can't be true. she's just scheming again to save shichika." I still don't know whether that was true or not. Though I'm not sure why Nishio Ishin is getting flak for this, just because it has a bad end( in the sense that main char dies, not meaning terrible story) doesn't mean he is a terrible writer. If you watch the show again knowing Togame's intention from the start, it makes sense to me at least. It leaves you questioning what Togame's true intentions were at least. Makes you empathize more with Shichika anyway, whether they truly loved each other or he was being used.

    Togame's death scene was pretty intense. Watching Shichika struggle with the fact that he is losing someone he loved while finding out she might have just been using him the whole time was heartwrenching. Seeing Shichika blow up like that when he killed his own sister/father and the other people hes killed and be completely stoic was great. Also during Shichika and Emonzaemon's fight, when you see that Shichika has a lock of Togame's hair with him made me tear up a bit. I really enjoyed the series, but that ending is rageworthy...

  19. #13599
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Katangatari
    Spoiler: show
    Did they ever explicitly explain Togame's left eye plus-sign mode? If they did, I must've missed it.

  20. #13600
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Katanagatari

    Spoiler: show
    Yeah, it's bad, but people are making it look like it's worse than it is. He didn't kill her and she decided to follow him around. It's not like they fucked and made a family..

    The fight animation was great, though.

Page 680 of 777 FirstFirst ... 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 730 ... LastLast