Page 698 of 777 FirstFirst ... 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 748 ... LastLast
Results 13941 to 13960 of 15535
  1. #13941
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    It's a love and hate thing, and you kinda need to be a hardcore weeaboo to get a bunch of the references, not gonna fault anyone for not liking it, but I found it pretty fucking hilarious.



    Shinbo/SHAFT stuff is kind of getting out of hand, it's no longer unique since it's how he does every show now. Kind of bored of it tbh.
    The trippy collage shit? I don't remember him using it in Arakawa or Soredemo, I think this is the first time he used it since SZS, but not 100% sure on that.

    In any case, I think the Hidamari artist's artstyle for character design is more out of place in Madoka Magica, but that's just me

  2. #13942
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I liked the Hidamari artstyle for Madoka, it doesn't look that out of place to me because it's so girly - it's kind of soft. I like it very much as a deviation from the normal magical girl character design style too. It meshes with the weird imagery pretty well in that it adds a whole new level of weird to see those characters interacting with such a different environment.

  3. #13943
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Ok, Freezing was pretty good. Anything else interesting this season so far? Not seeing much new stuff on Nyaa.

  4. #13944
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Well sure, I knew SZS was off its damn rocker but I say it was boring in that it seemed to be doing it for weirdness's sake - it didn't really seem to have a point to me except to be weird (though, I probably didn't give it a fair enough chance and I probably will go back and watch it sometime). As far as defending my standpoint at the time though, that's why I thought it was boring... not only seeming kind of pretentious, but also just being random without going anywhere with it, in a much more detrimental way than say, a slice of life that doesn't go anywhere (at least you can understand what is going on in slice of life, whereas in what I saw of SZS it was just random neurotic crap being thrown at the viewer nonstop with no point).
    It takes more than a single episode to understand how it flows. There is no story or character development, it's just a satire that deal with random society topic. It might look random if you pick any segment, but it's usually a visual pun, or at the very least, an inside joke.

    Pretentious? I don't know, the show doesn't take itself seriously, and it is rarely preachy. Nozomu's conspiracies are funny at worse, and true at best.

    Like I said before, some sketches are hit or misss, but the end result is very unique and refreshing.

  5. #13945
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Ok, Freezing was pretty good. Anything else interesting this season so far? Not seeing much new stuff on Nyaa.
    i have hope for infinite stratos since it's by the macF studio/director, but really not too much since it's a blatant harem setup.

    Fractale is directed by Kannagi/S1 Haruhi director, so I'll probably pick that up too when it starts this coming week. While Yumekui Merry is giving me navel fetish, I got a feeling that J.C. Staff will make me drop the series by the 3rd episode at the latest, like every fucking series they did that I thought had promise the past fucking year or so.

    But yeah, seem like a season filled with fanservice as usual.

  6. #13946
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    First episode of Beelzebub was awesome.

  7. #13947
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    i have hope for infinite stratos since it's by the macF studio/director, but really not too much since it's a blatant harem setup.

    Fractale is directed by Kannagi/S1 Haruhi director, so I'll probably pick that up too when it starts this coming week. While Yumekui Merry is giving me navel fetish, I got a feeling that J.C. Staff will make me drop the series by the 3rd episode at the latest, like every fucking series they did that I thought had promise the past fucking year or so.

    But yeah, seem like a season filled with fanservice as usual.
    Ah ya, I saw the first episode of Infinite Stratos also, hope that turns out well.

  8. #13948
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm not sure when this was release but I just watched it yesterday. Bungaku Shoujo Movie you guys should check it out it's pretty good. There was an ova prequel but it can stand alone without it.

  9. #13949
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Dragon Crisis Ep1

    -Decent Animation.
    -Alright voice cast.
    -Unoriginal plot (Mysteries Loli girl with magical power falls into arm of boy).
    -Rose (Voiced by Rie Kugimiya) is annoying beyond belief and dump as a brick.
    -Retarded fanservice and characters.

    Let's start with the absolute worst part of this show. the characters is that they aren't characters. They're just archetypes and not particularly clever ones at that.

    First the protagonist, is the typical idiot and second the mysteries Loli is so stupid and childish (worse than Index) that I want her to die already.

    Fuck you Studio Deen


    Only Reason to watch this.


    Haha Semen joke. funny right?

    Level E Ep1

    -Very good animation.
    -Great character designs(Zero Moe).
    -Interesting Plot.
    -Some hilarious jokes and likable characters.
    -Great OP/ED(I loved the visuals for both).

    Thank god. Finally something different that I can look forward to each week. yes The first episode is a setup for the premise of the show, but so far it's very promising.




  10. #13950
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    -Rose (Voiced by Rie Kugimiya) is annoying beyond belief and dumb as a brick.
    -Retarded fanservice and characters.
    Awww, I was hoping this would be good. Oh well.. Maybe it'll get better as time goes on, not like I'm watching it until it finishes airing anyway.

  11. #13951
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I say give it a chance. you may like it more than me and think I'm out my mind for hating it. in the end it's just my opinion.

    Edit Well i should mention the OP and soundtrack is great, just wish the rest of the show was the same.

  12. #13952
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,546
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Kore wa Zombie desu ka

    - Hilarious
    - Great character design, manly MC
    - Did I mention hilarious?

  13. #13953
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    318
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Kore wa Zombie desu ka

    - Hilarious
    - Great character design, manly MC
    - Did I mention hilarious?
    I have to agree with this.

  14. #13954
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Finally got around to watching Kanon, and having watched Clannad before I expected to see some miracles happen. Liked it, especially the flow and pacing. I would have been okay with a couple of possible situations where
    Spoiler: show
    people actually died though. Shiori dieing would have been fine, or Ayu dieing and Shiori staying alive.


    I'll need to download Air and get around to watching that sometime as well.

  15. #13955
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Clannad > by far all other key series. Air is pretty... pretty boring

  16. #13956
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Clannad > by far all other key series. Air is pretty... pretty boring
    Yeah, I didn't really like Air either. =/ One of my friends is obsessed with it though.

    I kinda liked Kanon a little bit better than Clannad, but I cried so much in both. >.>

  17. #13957
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I've watched Air like 3 times through and every time I always fall asleep through the past arc.

  18. #13958
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Shit, I can't even get passed episode 4 before I get bored and find something else to watch.

  19. #13959
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,052
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Dragon Crisis Ep1
    -Rose (Voiced by Rie Kugimiya) is annoying beyond belief and dump as a brick.
    I could have told you that from the PV.
    My GOD is that a world class achievement in annoying cutesy voice that makes you want to murder someone.
    It makes Daimaou's Soga Keena (Toyosaki Aki) fucking tolerable by comparison.

  20. #13960
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Kore wa Zombie desu ka

    - Hilarious
    - Great character design, manly MC
    - Did I mention hilarious?
    Looks to be interesting although near the end... wtf O_o I hope that guys not doing that alot... >.> (unless they compensate doing "that" to the girl alot... O_o )

Page 698 of 777 FirstFirst ... 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 748 ... LastLast