Page 704 of 777 FirstFirst ... 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 ... LastLast
Results 14061 to 14080 of 15535
  1. #14061
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    I'm pretty happy with the season thus far, although I think last fall and next spring will end up being better. So far it looks like I'll be watching:

    Star Driver (Fall)
    Index II (Fall)
    Kimi ni 2
    Madoka
    Yumekui Merry
    Freezing
    Zombie
    Fractale
    Wandering Son

  2. #14062
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with a magical girl who's "wand" is a chainsaw.
    Sounds awesome. Some of the shows this season look/sound awesome.

    Also, rock lee vs gaara fight over.. Shit was just as awesome as the first time I saw it. Gonna see if I can get to the main matches before I fall asleep.

  3. #14063
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Maguspk wondering if he's an otaku... How time flies. I remember when he first found this thread with almost no Animes watched, opening with the classic "What are some good Animes?".

    Speaking of which, we don't seem to get those as often these days. I remember it used to happen like once every half dozen or so pages. I wonder if it's just BG traffic, or interest in Anime altogether that's falling off. Of course, it's the off-season for a lot of shows, so maybe it's just the lack of Bentertainment Geekly traffic stifling our flow of newbies.

    But anyway, down to business... Can anyone post the airing day of the week for Level E, Bakuman, and Index? It'd be a lot easier to follow them if I know when to start looking for new episodes instead of just checking every day- especially since I keep forgetting to note the days that I find the new eps up.

  4. #14064
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Index is usually up and translated on utw.me by friday afternoon/night.

    This link might help: http://anitv.is-ingenio.us/

    edit: Up to episode 70 now.. gonna try to get to 80 before I go to sleep.

  5. #14065
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Index Season 2 Ep15

    continuing from a reunion under the most awkward of circumstances, and taking everything into account, Agnese sure isn't happy she has to rely on Touma to save the nuns, but as expect, this was a heavy exposition episode, with fanservice and some action near the end, anyways next week the conclusion of the Italy Arc.



    ^
    Poor Itsuwa. she is nothing but a joke until season 3 (If they decide to).


    ^
    Voiced by the great Norio Wakamoto. it was like music to my ears the inter time.

    Index-tan Ep3

    Didn't think this would get leak 5 days before the Japanese release, anyhow a lot of awesome nonsense from J.C.STAFF. Saten was a big surprise, and they sorta explained her role during the tree diagram incident(a whole of nothing and a wet dream about Uiharu) and Kanzaki's personal sound effect was hilarious.


    ^
    Shameless fanservice \(゚▽゚)/ \(゚▽゚)/



    Madoka Magica Ep3

    I wanted to give this a chance after *Shit just got damned real* talk.

    Yeah, this show isn't for me. I wasn't sure after two eps in, but I think I am now. Oh well, gave it a shot. I really, really want to like this show, but I also strongly dislike how it looks and Shaft being Shaft. still I highly recommend it, as it's doing something different with it premise.

    ^
    typical Gen Urobochi.

    I love Washi comment on the episode:

    This episode didn’t really sell me on the show, but it hasn’t really deterred me either. I remain on the fence when it comes to the art and animation approaches, and am still waiting for the story to genuinely hook me in. So the death this episode was the big shock twist that I heard everyone talking about throughout the day. I wasn’t spoiled on anything specific (not even that anyone died) but I had a general expectation that something dramatic was going to go down this week. That might go towards explaining why I saw Mami’s death coming well before her final moments. As a result, her death scene didn’t have much of an impact on me.

    That brings me to my next point, Gen Urobochi seems to be in a difficult place as a storyteller. Because he’s become known for gruesome and shocking plots, people expect him to write like that. But when he does write like that, it falls into the trap of being predictable.

  6. #14066
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    isn't it kinda a given that obi wan characters pretty much must die if their existence more or less overwhelms the namesake of the show?

    I guess everyone just fucking forgot the part where nitro+ writes the story too...

  7. #14067
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    So, pretty much every time someone has formed seals in the past ~75 episodes.. I've been saying this in my mind. God damn AMV hell.

  8. #14068
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    The lyric is actually "hand jive", but eh, youtube, whatcha gonna do.

    The new AMVHell has me humming Re: Your Brains during HotD though.
    (And the metal La Isla Bonita was pretty epic)

  9. #14069
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    My impressions on Madoka 3: (sorry Maguspk)
    Spoiler: show
    Perhaps I'm the only one to think the whole witch/Mami death scene was all a staged event to try to force the girls to seal their contracts?

    The placement of the Grief Seed was strange. All the previous ones were in areas away from people (renovated room, abandon building, empty park) whereas this one was right on the side of a busy hospital. It also happened to be the hospital that Madoka and Sayaka frequent and have some attachment to. Kyubey certainly didn't do the logical thing and wait for everyone to stay together but instead suggested Sayaka separate and wander to the witch (where he could seal her contract if the witch attacked her). The whole talk between Mami and Madoka seemed to point toward her picking her wish sooner rather than later. That and Mami was the first one to bring up 'cake' in the whole episode, despite the world they were in was a mix between cake and hospital. After the witch emerged, Mami went down without a fight at all, leaving the two girls alone in a life/death situation. Life would've forced them to seal their contracts/death would be death... and who would choose death over becoming a magical girl? Also, Mami's attitude toward Homura kinda points in this direction a little but not much. Homura does say this witch is different than previous ones. I'm reading that as this was Kyubey and Mami's witch that they're using to put Madoka and Sayaka in a high-pressure situation to force them to seal their contracts.

    But that was my impression, at least. Or at least that's what I wrote about in my blog. Idk, I won't be disappointed to see it was all real but that's not what I believe. Anyone else have other opinions on that?

  10. #14070
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Maguspk wondering if he's an otaku... How time flies. I remember when he first found this thread with almost no Animes watched, opening with the classic "What are some good Animes?".
    haha ^^;;

    I got spoiled for the 3rd puella magica but I think I'm going to like where it goes after this point. Was worried actually before seeing spoiler.

  11. #14071
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Poor Itsuwa. she is nothing but a joke until season 3 (If they decide to).
    They better. :3

    Voiced by the great Norio Wakamoto. it was like music to my ears the inter time.
    I noticed this immediately as well, and was very pleased. Every anime in existence should have wakamoto in it.

  12. #14072
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Tamayura TV series.
    http://www.tamayura.info/



    Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
    My impressions on Madoka 3: (sorry Maguspk)
    Spoiler: show
    Perhaps I'm the only one to think the whole witch/Mami death scene was all a staged event to try to force the girls to seal their contracts?

    The placement of the Grief Seed was strange. All the previous ones were in areas away from people (renovated room, abandon building, empty park) whereas this one was right on the side of a busy hospital. It also happened to be the hospital that Madoka and Sayaka frequent and have some attachment to. Kyubey certainly didn't do the logical thing and wait for everyone to stay together but instead suggested Sayaka separate and wander to the witch (where he could seal her contract if the witch attacked her). The whole talk between Mami and Madoka seemed to point toward her picking her wish sooner rather than later. That and Mami was the first one to bring up 'cake' in the whole episode, despite the world they were in was a mix between cake and hospital. After the witch emerged, Mami went down without a fight at all, leaving the two girls alone in a life/death situation. Life would've forced them to seal their contracts/death would be death... and who would choose death over becoming a magical girl? Also, Mami's attitude toward Homura kinda points in this direction a little but not much. Homura does say this witch is different than previous ones. I'm reading that as this was Kyubey and Mami's witch that they're using to put Madoka and Sayaka in a high-pressure situation to force them to seal their contracts.

    But that was my impression, at least. Or at least that's what I wrote about in my blog. Idk, I won't be disappointed to see it was all real but that's not what I believe. Anyone else have other opinions on that?
    Well it's really fascinating, These references from Madoka primarily point to a Faustian bargain. more specifically, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe's version of the story. which a lot have pointed out.

    Frankly speaking. all this analysis and over speculation reminds me of the LOST thread. but it's good thing, as giving people passion to the show and hopefully it will satisfy people in the end.



    They better. :3
    Who knows really, I'm waiting for the announcement once Season 2 ends. my money on Index OVA around October, with Railgun Season 2(J.C.STAFF is re-broadcasting Railgun S1 on Spring, which should end around fall. suggesting a Season 2 right after).

    beside the confirmed announcement and Railgun S1 Re-broadcast. everything else is just my speculation.

  13. #14073
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Who knows really, I'm waiting for the announcement once Season 2 ends. my money on Index OVA around October, with Railgun Season 2(J.C.STAFF is re-broadcasting Railgun S1 on Spring, which should end around fall. suggesting a Season 2 right after).

    beside the confirmed announcement and Railgun S1 Re-broadcast. everything else is just my speculation.
    Just going off how well Railgun did, I have to agree that a S2 is a very likely possibility. One that I definitely wouldn't mind. I'm personally hoping for a S3 with a strong hint towards Railgun S2 afterward. A S2 with a strong hint towards a S3 Index afterward is also just as good. Basically, I just want a season 3 index one way or the other. :3

    I want to see as much as possible of this series animated!

  14. #14074
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Junichi Sato does it again - Tamayura TV though... idk. It's super popular in Japan but I'm not sure why, because I thought it was boring as all get-out despite being by my favorite director. It could be that their love for taking photos + half the voice actors from K-ON overlap = amazing DVD sales but...
    Regardless, it's Sato, I'll watch it... no matter what it is, it won't be as bad as Pretear XD

  15. #14075
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Moe sells at the moment. I can't blame anyone for an easy cash, but it's getting way out of hand.

    http://twitpic.com/3s1eut


    ^
    REALLY JAPAN????????????

  16. #14076
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Moe roaches? What the hell is going on in the brainstorming stages over there.

  17. #14077
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I was looking at pictures on 4chan about that before, seemed to be a manga. It looked cute enough to get my attention. I liked it.

    Also ran into the first naruto filler episode (97). Wonder when the next one is.

  18. #14078
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    318
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I was looking at pictures on 4chan about that before, seemed to be a manga. It looked cute enough to get my attention. I liked it.

    Also ran into the first naruto filler episode (97). Wonder when the next one is.
    google naruto filler list, and i think the first result will have it.

  19. #14079
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Episodes 101-106 are filler. Kind of surprised. Only ~5% of naruto is filler. Now the question is, do I want to watch the Kakashi Mask and Race-thingy episodes..

  20. #14080
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I was looking at pictures on 4chan about that before, seemed to be a manga. It looked cute enough to get my attention. I liked it.
    it's getting an anime.

Page 704 of 777 FirstFirst ... 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 ... LastLast