Page 705 of 777 FirstFirst ... 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 ... LastLast
Results 14081 to 14100 of 15535
  1. #14081
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Squid-moe pulled my heart strings on more than one occasion so I'd give cockroach-moe a try.

    Also I was listening to a song the other day and the guy says 'If I had to choose m-o-e' I'm sure MOE stands for something else to them but when I hear it I immediately think 'moe' and I can't help but smile.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxgjbKFlPA#t=2m33s


    Oh ya... what subs are people using for Freezing? I was looking at http://www.ji-hi.net/freezing/ today before I downloaded episode 3. [WhyNot] appears to take some pretty big liberties with their translations, I don't know if I like this at all. [Hiryuu] looks like they are consistent with the other translations and uncensored, going to start downloading this. Anyone else do the same thing or agree with my choice? I just don't want to interpret the story differently because the translators decided to word something differently and it affects the storyline somehow. [Hiryuu] also appears to be larger in file size, by quite a bit. Makes me wonder if the quality is better or if [WhyNot] is releasing [Censored] as [Uncensored]...

  2. #14082
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    it's getting an anime.
    cockroach anime? O_o

    also... watched madoka episode 3... kinda a wtf for me seeing that happen, was expecting it to be more a kid friendly show

    also saw this pic and made me laugh a bit reminding me of madoka >.>


  3. #14083
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    cockroach anime? O_o
    It's been done previously.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiligh...he_Cockroaches

    Nobody remembers the old stuff anymore. =\

  4. #14084
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Well it's really fascinating, These references from Madoka primarily point to a Faustian bargain. more specifically, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe's version of the story. which a lot have pointed out.

    Frankly speaking. all this analysis and over speculation reminds me of the LOST thread. but it's good thing, as giving people passion to the show and hopefully it will satisfy people in the end.
    Yeah, there was writing from Faust on the wall of the second episode in the abandon building. Be interesting to see how far the show uses that theme.

    Also, I tend to over-analyze stuff a lot. Over on anime-suki, I have 831 posts in the Needless thread and a lot of those are random theories, speculation, observations, and just fan-boying over things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Oh ya... what subs are people using for Freezing? I was looking at http://www.ji-hi.net/freezing/ today before I downloaded episode 3. [WhyNot] appears to take some pretty big liberties with their translations, I don't know if I like this at all. [Hiryuu] looks like they are consistent with the other translations and uncensored, going to start downloading this. Anyone else do the same thing or agree with my choice? I just don't want to interpret the story differently because the translators decided to word something differently and it affects the storyline somehow. [Hiryuu] also appears to be larger in file size, by quite a bit. Makes me wonder if the quality is better or if [WhyNot] is releasing [Censored] as [Uncensored]...
    I've been watching Whine-Subs. They've caused some loldrama in with Ayako but they seem to be fast and do a good job with their work. They're also only doing IS and Freezing, so they're pretty much focused on those two episode only. Otherwise, Hiryuu would be the best if you don't watch anime as soon as it's released or same day.

  5. #14085
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    It's been done previously.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiligh...he_Cockroaches

    Nobody remembers the old stuff anymore. =\
    I remember that from way back on cartoon network when they did some anime movie thing some month. I think they played it like a week after vampire hunter D. Christ that was a long time ago lol

  6. #14086
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post

    Oh ya... what subs are people using for Freezing? I was looking at http://www.ji-hi.net/freezing/ today before I downloaded episode 3. [WhyNot] appears to take some pretty big liberties with their translations, I don't know if I like this at all. [Hiryuu] looks like they are consistent with the other translations and uncensored, going to start downloading this. Anyone else do the same thing or agree with my choice? I just don't want to interpret the story differently because the translators decided to word something differently and it affects the storyline somehow. [Hiryuu] also appears to be larger in file size, by quite a bit. Makes me wonder if the quality is better or if [WhyNot] is releasing [Censored] as [Uncensored]...
    What? Freezing has dialog? I didn't notice.

  7. #14087
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Oh ya... what subs are people using for Freezing? I was looking at http://www.ji-hi.net/freezing/ today before I downloaded episode 3. [WhyNot] appears to take some pretty big liberties with their translations, I don't know if I like this at all. [Hiryuu] looks like they are consistent with the other translations and uncensored, going to start downloading this. Anyone else do the same thing or agree with my choice? I just don't want to interpret the story differently because the translators decided to word something differently and it affects the storyline somehow. [Hiryuu] also appears to be larger in file size, by quite a bit. Makes me wonder if the quality is better or if [WhyNot] is releasing [Censored] as [Uncensored]...
    I had some issues with WhyNot streaming to my PS3 so I've been using WhineSubs, they also seem to release pretty quickly after the episode airs. Hiryuu is releasing in 1280x720 compared to Whine doing 960x720 so that's probably why the file size is larger. Unfortunately the Hiryuu release still isn't true widescreen, just the OP/ED are. I'm not sure why that is, some kind of ploy to increase BD/DVD sales?

    Also, I'm enjoying Freezing quite a bit. I wanted to actually see if there was any story coming though so I checked out the manga. Looks like we're in for a lot of action, but there really hasn't been much story in the manga so far other than some character development. Not much on the nova stuff yet, but I think I'm only halfway through the manga atm. Satellizer's story was expanded on a bit, so that was interesting at least. Also mind was blown when they revealed who the #1 of the Senior class was. The thing that has me confused between the manga and the anime atm is that the manga refers to Miyabi and the other upper classmen as 3rd years, but the anime said Senior. Was that a liberty the fansubbers took? I'm not really familiar with the school structure in Japan, but I assumed they had 4 years in high school.

    edit: Nevermind, disregard the senior vs third year thing. Whine said senior and Hiryuu said third year.

  8. #14088
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    I believe Freezing airs in 4:3 so obviously nobody can offer a widescreen, only the OP/ED are in widescreen from what I've read.

    WhineSubs does not say they are uncensored, do you find they are uncensored or are they distributing the censored version? I'd rather watch uncensored the first time around if possible, I heard there is blood and gore so I'd rather see it instead of an overly bright light bursting out of their bodies.

  9. #14089
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I believe Freezing airs in 4:3 so obviously nobody can offer a widescreen, only the OP/ED are in widescreen from what I've read.

    WhineSubs does not say they are uncensored, do you find they are uncensored or are they distributing the censored version? I'd rather watch uncensored the first time around if possible, I heard there is blood and gore so I'd rather see it instead of an overly bright light bursting out of their bodies.
    I just don't understand how the OP/ED can be widescreen when the rest of the show is 4:3 and why they would make the decision to air it that way. Anyways, as far as I can tell Whine is uncensored so I don't think there's any problem there. I don't ever see any bright lights for censoring so I think you're all good.

  10. #14090
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Going by the blog posts on WhyNot, I think the censored version is airing in 16:9 but the uncensored version is airing in 4:3.

  11. #14091
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,245
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Going by the blog posts on WhyNot, I think the censored version is airing in 16:9 but the uncensored version is airing in 4:3.
    What the hell? Jeez that's lame. We want our uncensored 16:9 dammit!

    Lately however, I've found myself watching stuff from the 80s like Ideon and Xabungle. I got around to watching "Do you remember love" the other day. They did a good job re-telling the original Macross story. LOL@ the Budweiser can missile. Hard to believe the franchise will be 30 years old next year.

  12. #14092
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Going by the blog posts on WhyNot, I think the censored version is airing in 16:9 but the uncensored version is airing in 4:3.
    I decided to investigate and downloaded the censored version from a group called Hatsuyuki. The censored airing is indeed widescreen but it's so heavily censored it isn't worth watching at all. Some of the scenes are half a black screen which is just ridiculous. Well, I assume the dvd/bluray version will be widescreen so guess we'll just have to wait till then.

  13. #14093
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Some of the scenes are half a black screen which is just ridiculous.
    So it's like a less awesome bakemonogatari? lol :3

  14. #14094
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I believe Freezing airs in 4:3 so obviously nobody can offer a widescreen, only the OP/ED are in widescreen from what I've read.

    WhineSubs does not say they are uncensored, do you find they are uncensored or are they distributing the censored version? I'd rather watch uncensored the first time around if possible, I heard there is blood and gore so I'd rather see it instead of an overly bright light bursting out of their bodies.
    Whine is only released uncensored episodes. Their reason is it's a waste of time to release a censored episode when no one is going to watch it.

  15. #14095
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Cool okay so I may have to check them out since two of you recommeneded Whine

    Anyone watch IS? Next episode should be good, the ending was funny: "...cuteness-moe is good but fire burning-moe is important too!"

  16. #14096
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Finally, some plot in Star Driver.

    Kinda disappointed in the "upgrade" Tauburn got though, seem rather minimal and boring, but the pose is even more fabulous than it was...

  17. #14097
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Cool okay so I may have to check them out since two of you recommeneded Whine

    Anyone watch IS? Next episode should be good, the ending was funny: "...cuteness-moe is good but fire burning-moe is important too!"
    I've been watching IS but this week's Ayako release was skipping around and acting really messed up when streaming to my PS3 so I haven't watched it yet.

  18. #14098
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8



    Puella Magica is going to be awesome if they keep it up like this. That was some twisted shit. Also...
    Throughout the episodes thus far theres been LOTS of quotes scrawled across walls in german, almost all of which are quotes pulled from the story Faust by Goethe. I remember one quote in particular references the point in which Faust (in this scenario, Madoka) encounters a poodle (in this case, Kyubey), willing to fulfil any wish that Faust would make. As it turns out, the poodle is Mephisto in disguise. Or, in laymen's terms, the devil in disguise.
    (from MAL forums)

    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7...5583065597.jpg

    Fuck yes, this is why SHAFT is the best.

  19. #14099
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    The thing that has me confused between the manga and the anime atm is that the manga refers to Miyabi and the other upper classmen as 3rd years, but the anime said Senior. Was that a liberty the fansubbers took? I'm not really familiar with the school structure in Japan, but I assumed they had 4 years in high school.

    edit: Nevermind, disregard the senior vs third year thing. Whine said senior and Hiryuu said third year.
    Japanese highschool is grades 10, 11, and 12. So 3rd year and Senior are the same thing.

  20. #14100
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Japanese highschool is grades 10, 11, and 12. So 3rd year and Senior are the same thing.
    Ah excellent, thanks for that clarification!

Page 705 of 777 FirstFirst ... 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 ... LastLast