Page 73 of 777 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1441 to 1460 of 15535
  1. #1441
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Does Clannad get better toward the end? By better, I'm talking about weird plot twist like there was in Kanon or Air?
    It probably won't happen this season.

    (Yes it's only half way through the story right now...)

  2. #1442
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta
    The robot pretty much gave away it was going Nagisa arc. I don't see why they picked down syndrome girl over Tomoyo
    That wasn't the only thing that gave it away.

  3. #1443
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/

  4. #1444
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/
    Shigofumi had me depressed by the end of episode 1

  5. #1445
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/
    Shigofumi had me depressed by the end of episode 1
    hmm havne't seen it, only 12 Episodes might check it out.. I like the description I found of the series heh...

    "High school romance with a paranormal loli and her talking staff turns into shocking horror! Sound interesting? Make sure you check out Shigofumi (????), Saturdays at 25:35 JST on CTC spanning 12 episodes."

    http://randomc.animeblogger.net/categor ... mi/page/2/
    (site shows soorta spoilers of alot anime with scene clips btw!)


    Dragonaut soorta has a sad start too, its where it all beings with a "Dragon" sent to earth from some form of being that hits a space shuttle flight killing families as many watched in horror some seeked revenge after finding out what happened. Ep 23 I think the sadest part was where The "father" that watched the space shuttle crash (Ep1) and later meet by a dragon that took his daughters form, vowed for revenge for his real daughter creating a organization vowing to destroy dragons, using his "daughter" as a tool(he refers to her as a tool through the anime)... later comes to understand that his daughters spirit lives on in a form of a dragon and comes to realize how he has mistreated her and dies with his "daughter" trying to protect each other.

    Well be easier to understand watching the anime (I made a super short spoiler fear!), the beginning was ok but it got better later on (like msot anime!)

  6. #1446
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/
    Shigofumi had me depressed by the end of episode 1
    hmm havne't seen it, only 12 Episodes might check it out.. I like the description I found of the series heh...

    "High school romance with a paranormal loli and her talking staff turns into shocking horror! Sound interesting? Make sure you check out Shigofumi (????), Saturdays at 25:35 JST on CTC spanning 12 episodes."

    http://randomc.animeblogger.net/categor ... mi/page/2/
    (site shows soorta spoilers of alot anime with scene clips btw!)


    Dragonaut soorta has a sad start too, its where it all beings with a "Dragon" sent to earth from some form of being that hits a space shuttle flight killing families as many watched in horror some seeked revenge after finding out what happened. Ep 23 I think the sadest part was where The "father" that watched the space shuttle crash (Ep1) and later meet by a dragon that took his daughters form, vowed for revenge for his real daughter creating a organization vowing to destroy dragons, using his "daughter" as a tool(he refers to her as a tool through the anime)... later comes to understand that his daughters spirit lives on in a form of a dragon and comes to realize how he has mistreated her and dies with his "daughter" trying to protect each other.

    Well be easier to understand watching the anime (I made a super short spoiler fear!), the beginning was ok but it got better later on (like msot anime!)
    Yeah I check random curiosity almost daily :d Good Blog

  7. #1447
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    oh btw, menclave is going to be picking up Code Geass season 2.
    Old news! So is Eclipse, theoretically, maybe.

    And then ye-olde shit subbers Shinsen, possibly even YM will come back.

  8. #1448
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/
    Sad endings are usually more memorable than happy endings, as long there is some resolve in the plot. What I hate is anime that wont get a closure episode. Piss me off when the story end within last 5min, and you don't get to see what happen after.

  9. #1449
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    In response to Gundam23:

    RAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    Lockon;;

  10. #1450
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekii
    In response to Gundam23:

    Lockon;;
    God why him of all characters. T.T

  11. #1451
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Alot anime are having those sad type endings recently ;/
    Dragonaut had a really sad ep 23 ;/
    Sad endings are usually more memorable than happy endings, as long there is some resolve in the plot. What I hate is anime that wont get a closure episode. Piss me off when the story end within last 5min, and you don't get to see what happen after.
    Yeah, sad endings are usually more emotional and thought provoking, meaning they stay with you longer. Then again, that's just me. I have a hard time remembering a happy ending, whereas I can remember a lot of stories that ended sadly.

    Also, can 00 be finished and batched so I can watch it?!

  12. #1452
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    It's not going to be finished for another year or so lol

  13. #1453
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    I was talking about the first half, not the second part coming out later on.

  14. #1454
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    I'd give it 3 weeks.

  15. #1455
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Triple release of 20-22 of 00 from Menclave ftw.

  16. #1456
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,444
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...5647664727.jpg
    Why they killed off the coolest character ;_;

  17. #1457
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko
    Why they killed off the coolest character ;_;
    I'm holding out hope that they'll bring him back as the guy in the silver mask they seem to have in every gundam.

  18. #1458
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko
    Why they killed off the coolest character ;_;
    I'm holding out hope that they'll bring him back as the guy in the silver mask they seem to have in every gundam.
    To be quite honest, if they bring him back, I'll feel it's a HUGE cop-out and I'll resent the series for it. I won't stop watching it of course, but I'll resent it just like I did Destiny for bring Mwu back. It's all about the fanbase with Gundam, and the polls and what not. Either way, Lockon's death was a perfect way for him to go. He went, seemingly destroying his enemy and fighting for what he believed in. If he "survived" and came back as a masked man or just someone else in general, it'd ruin the power behind episode 23 and will just be a huge cop-out. D:

    As much as I love Lockon's character, I just hope he doesn't come back. He will always live in our memory though as one bad-ass motherfucker.

  19. #1459
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    One year late, but Baccano is awesome. Just watched the first 9 episodes (out of 13)

  20. #1460
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Triple release of 20-22 of 00 from Menclave ftw.
    Fuck yeah! Now I can watch them and know what you all are talking about

Page 73 of 777 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast