Page 734 of 777 FirstFirst ... 684 724 732 733 734 735 736 744 ... LastLast
Results 14661 to 14680 of 15535
  1. #14661
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,535
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Level E ep9

    Spoiler: show








    Fuck, I love this show so much.

  2. #14662
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I looked at the Freezing chapters up until 60. 41+ are in Chinese obviously, but man, there is some fucked up shit in the manga. Chapter 43-45 are fucking insane. How they would have that animated is beyond me. Maybe they are too afraid to animate it. (lol)

    I haven't watched any of the .Hack series other than .Hack//Sign. I didn't see how any of them that could top that series. It's one of my favorites, I think. If anyone has input on the rest of the other series, feel free to give me some input.
    If you liked Sign then others might feel weaker, yeah. A lot of people thought Sign was overtalked and liked the other series mores. Roots is a little similar to Sign I guess, but not on the same level. I haven't seen the trilogy but I heard good things about it. I also loved Liminality (but that was mainly for the OST, plus w/o playing the games they don't make much sense).

  3. #14663
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Have a link to 'em? Could kill some time.
    Register to see the NSFW content

  4. #14664
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I looked at the Freezing chapters up until 60. 41+ are in Chinese obviously, but man, there is some fucked up shit in the manga. Chapter 43-45 are fucking insane. How they would have that animated is beyond me. Maybe they are too afraid to animate it. (lol)

    How fucked up are we talking here good sir? and where are you looking at the raws?

  5. #14665
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Is there a password or am I missing something?
    pass: cirnoos

    Sorry forgot to include that.

  6. #14666
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    pass: cirnoos

    Sorry forgot to include that.
    Thanks!

  7. #14667
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    So much better without the dj

  8. #14668
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Just caught up on Madoka. I was sooooo close to dropping it after the travesty that was the 2nd episode, but I'm glad I decided to give it one more, cause that's when it started to not suck. The tone of the story reminds me a LOT of Bakurano along with a few other similarities.

    Now that I can take part in the discussion, I'd just like to say LOL at the Entropy explanation... Energy within the universe is not being LOST, it's merely being spread out as the universe expands. Sure, in some obscenely large amount of time, the universe will be reduced to a bunch of sub-atomic particles, non of which are larger than a Photon, spread out so far that it will be billions of years between interactions amongst them, but you wouldn't combat that problem by just creating more energy... You would have to first stop the universe's mass from spreading any further.

    Oh well... ignorance of theoretical physics aside, and ignoring the first 2 episodes, the show isn't bad. Though I must say that I don't get the hype at all. It doesn't seem like there's enough happening in any given episode to warrant the amount of discussion that I've been seeing of this show. Put together, sure, there's something to talk about, but week-to-week, there's just not all that much happening.

  9. #14669
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Just caught up on Madoka. I was sooooo close to dropping it after the travesty that was the 2nd episode, but I'm glad I decided to give it one more, cause that's when it started to not suck. The tone of the story reminds me a LOT of Bakurano along with a few other similarities.

    Now that I can take part in the discussion, I'd just like to say LOL at the Entropy explanation... Energy within the universe is not being LOST, it's merely being spread out as the universe expands. Sure, in some obscenely large amount of time, the universe will be reduced to a bunch of sub-atomic particles, non of which are larger than a Photon, spread out so far that it will be billions of years between interactions amongst them, but you wouldn't combat that problem by just creating more energy... You would have to first stop the universe's mass from spreading any further.
    Episode 2 still had a badass fight and cool music! It wasnt that bad.


    When they were talking about energy, they meant potential energy, which is also how you define energy most of the time (lowest potential = no energy). If you put it that way, what they said about entropy is not wrong.

    You are also forgeting they are dealing with aliens species who can travel in space (probably faster than light). We don't know what kind of power source they have access to, but it's not unthinkable they are speeding up the death of the universe by tapping into some sort of hypothetical form of energy (ie: use dark energy --> increase universe expansion rate --> kill it even faster).

    Lastly, they said the emotions (souls) are beyond physics's laws. From that point, they are allowed to say whatever they want, because it's way beyond our physics.


    I'm extremely nitpick when it comes to sciences fiction, but in this case, I didn't detect anything wrong (something that contradict our physics). It wasnt the best way to word it for sure, but it was still acceptable.

  10. #14670
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Beside that, wasn't it a rough example of what is happening in the universe? Said in a way that Madoka (we) could understand?

  11. #14671
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Gundam Unicorn Ep4



    Madoka Manga Vol 2





    Anohana Promo
    Animation Production A-1 Pictures
    Original Anime by Toradora Staff.


    Sofuteni Promo
    Yuri+Fanervice+Tennis. Yeah Japan isn't trying anymore.
    The Source Material *NSFW*
    Spoiler: show













    A channel Promo
    By Gonzo Staff that did Saki.




    Credit applejuice blog
    Shaft, IN DANGER - Maria+Holic in crisis


    Translation:
    "Again, production has stopped. 'Mentally on our limit' is the reason. Since the production, already more than 5 people who involved are... a bit of high-pace? This place, never gets enough staffs."

    Twitter of Tokoro Tomokazu, who's doing Maria+Holic series director currently, says already 5 people stopped working due to enormous pressure. We might get another 'SHAFTED' incident if this is true. Not surprised since they are doing Negima Movie/Kaizo/Denpa Onna/New SZS episode at the SAME TIME, but according to his saying, Shaft's staff number is still very small despite all the recruiting they were doing in their hom-page.
    Accelerator and Misaka Worse Fanart

    Thanks to the release of New Light Novel. the fans been posting nice amount of AcceleratorX Misaka Worse art and fanfic comic.


    Edit
    Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: The Sacred Star of Milos Promo


    Edit 2

    -C-



  12. #14672
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Bleh, it's not gonna be about Al and Ed's second journey implied in epilogue, why do I got this feeling it'd just be Shambala v2.0

    Thanks to the release of New Light Novel. the fans been posting nice amount of AcceleratorX Misaka Worse art and fanfic comic.
    Didn't he kinda destroy himself in the last novel by using magic though?

    Also, Sofuteni...even the goddamn name is a fucking blatant ripoff of K-On

    If Maria+Holic 2 got canned, it's just gonna be this season all over again for next season :/

  13. #14673
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Episode 2 still had a badass fight and cool music! It wasnt that bad.


    When they were talking about energy, they meant potential energy, which is also how you define energy most of the time (lowest potential = no energy). If you put it that way, what they said about entropy is not wrong.

    You also forgeting they are dealing with aliens species who can travel in space (probably faster than light). We don't know what kind of power source they have access to, but it's not unthinkable they are speeding up the universe death by tapping into some sort of hypothetical form of energy (ie: use dark energy --> increase universe expansion rate --> kill it even faster).

    Lastly, they said the emotions (souls) are beyond physics's laws. From that point, they are allowed to say whatever they want, because it's way beyond our physics.


    I'm extremely nitpick when it comes to sciences fiction, but in this case, I didn't detect anything wrong (something that contradict our physics). It wasnt the best way to word it for sure, but it was still acceptable.
    Yeah, I went back a page or 2 to read what other people wrote about that and saw your post. I was going to edit mine to say that you said it better, but BG went down or something.

  14. #14674
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Didn't he kinda destroy himself in the last novel by using magic though?
    Nah. he survived.


    BLACK LAGOON Roberta's Blood Trail 004

    just a reminder. OVA 4 should be out today. Here some new screen shots.




    Nichijou OVA(Credit Earl and OVA should be out Today)
    an OVA to introduce people to this series. TV series will air next month. personaly I have no faith with Kyoto animation, does this really need 26 episodes?


    Edit

    Anohana Trailer 2 shots+better quality of official art:


    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_411x640.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x633.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x631.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x360.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x360.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x360.jpg
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x360.jpg

  15. #14675
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    BUT IT LOOKS SO CUTE

  16. #14676
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    How is that yuri tennis anime going to even air, didn't they make laws against this sort of stuff? I'm confused.

  17. #14677
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    How is that yuri tennis anime going to even air, didn't they make laws against this sort of stuff? I'm confused.
    It goes into effect in June, so that's for Summer anime to deal with.

    And I don't think it'll hurt ecchi anime too much, unless the Japanese are really stupid. The ban is in Tokyo only now, so it'd be easy to continue to make ecchi anime. All you need to do is just have censored Tokyo broadcasts and uncensored elsewhere. I'm sure people will visit other neighboring areas of Tokyo to buy ecchi goods since this ban won't stop their addiction to that kinda stuff, and the censored Tokyo broadcasts would only fuel DVD/BD sells. That is if the other areas don't adapt that ban as well.

    ---

    Also, thanks Ker for the update on the Spring anime. I can put a red line through each of those series just from viewing the pictures.

  18. #14678
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Words can't describe just how amazing Mamama 10 was

    Spoiler: show

    My favorite scene was the aftermath of Sayaka's death scene on the alternate timeline, and Madoka and Homuhomu's Walpurgis Nacht aftermath

  19. #14679
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Words can't describe just how amazing Mamama 10 was

    Spoiler: show

    My favorite scene was the aftermath of Sayaka's death scene on the alternate timeline, and Madoka and Homuhomu's Walpurgis Nacht aftermath
    Episode was fantastic.

    Spoiler: show
    Homura having to see her friend die over and over definitely explains a lot about how she has been acting.


    I'm just curious why no one has thought to wish for the existence of the witch and puella magi system to have never been created! Or would a wish like that not be allowed? >.>

  20. #14680
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    After watching Madoka 10

    Spoiler: show
    I guess I'd put my money on Homura. I mean, she'll just keep repeating it until she wins in the end.


    Edit:

    Spoiler: show
    Also, I wonder what Madoka wished for when she contracted with Kyubey in the past. Probably will never find out but whatever


    Also Fractale 8 is great.

    Spoiler: show
    Finally getting some development on the Fractale System. Should be interesting to see where it goes from here, though.

Page 734 of 777 FirstFirst ... 684 724 732 733 734 735 736 744 ... LastLast