Page 736 of 777 FirstFirst ... 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 ... LastLast
Results 14701 to 14720 of 15535
  1. #14701
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Madoka is freakishly understanding, I would think Mami and Sayaka's reaction is somewhat normal, even though disbelieving in such a concept right off the bat is foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
    Also, with the time-traveling shown, that explains the strange cut in the first episode (~02:40) where Madoka is in darkness, turns, and then wakes up in bed. I guess that was time reseting itself. That would help explain why Madoka continues to gain power through each time travel, if she's conscious through each travel and gains more power.
    Well, Madoka does seem to remember Homura every cycle, despite that the time when Homura goes back she shouldn't have known her (their first meeting was at school, yet in the previous cycle she always says Homura's name when she sees her the first time).

    She probably always thinks the last cycle is a dream, which is why she remembers Homura, it might also explain why it gets harder for Kyubey to make a contract with her (apart from Homura's meddling), because she kinda remembers what happened last cycle.

  2. #14702
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I'm not sure Homura picked the best time to tell Sayaka. She seemed emotionally unstable.

    Anyway, my point is that it would have been more believable if Homura would have tried telling the girls before they make the pact, but when they are aware of the magical stuff.

  3. #14703
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    of course my highlight was the evolution of Accelerator into Black Wings.
    Is this going to be a constant change, or is it treated like a bullshit bleach thing where the power is used and then forgotten for a while?

    It's sad the series isn't going to end on a really high note, this arc was suppose to put everything in perspective and a plug ready to end Season 2.....Oh well at least we getting more novel material animated.
    I wish they spent more time on the teleporter arc thingy and ended with this. It seemed like they rushed that arc and left some backstory out. Not to mention, short skirts and bandage bras are <3.

  4. #14704
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Anyway, my point is that it would have been more believable if Homura would have tried telling the girls before they make the pact, but when they are aware of the magical stuff.
    I don't doubt that, but I think the issue is that Homura didn't figure out how to delay Kyubey before he made a contract with Madoka. When she comes back, it seems there's a very small window for her to act to stop Kyubey, because for the most park Madoka is a Puella Magi when they meet in school. Or maybe she couldn't travel back far enough to warn Madoka prior.

  5. #14705
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Is this going to be a constant change, or is it treated like a bullshit bleach thing where the power is used and then forgotten for a while?.
    Not really forgotten, more like no need for it until he is challenged to his limits again. depending on if they ever animate a 3rd season and the amount of material they cover, we could see Accelerator in full Angel form.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I wish they spent more time on the teleporter arc thingy and ended with this. It seemed like they rushed that arc and left some backstory out.

    I agree with you. Awaki's back-story should have seen. it would have made her motives more believable, seriously. I would have loved to see Awaki's scream while she was looking at her flesh all peeled back with a copious amount of blood vessels exposed from her traumatic past. J.C.STAFF really should have prioritized the more important events when they were allocating the time slots for each segment. all the Arc's suffered from rush job. yes all of the key events and conversations were appropriately kept in to explain the situation and drive the plot forward but it felt rather odd and inconsistent despite the story being concise. Sadly you have to read the novel to understand everything. Still I love seeing the material in anime form ^^ b


    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Not to mention, short skirts and bandage bras are <3.
    don't worry. She will make a return in next episode, as it will cover both Vol13 epilogue and SS1. unless they do something else.

  6. #14706
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Madoka 10

    Spoiler: show

    Honestly, with the way the series is, I'm a little surprised it chose to take the route it did with the Homura groundhog day, since it was so easily predicted by so many people and actually turned out the way I guessed it would. I was halfway expecting something more from left field. After QB's big reveal about being an alien and turning girls into witches to reverse entropy though, I guess the stage is set in such a way that it's not revealing stuff out of left field anymore, just progressing naturally towards the inevitable end.

    As far as the rest of 10 is concerned, Mami going nuts was hilariously sad. She always did seem a little unstable. Madoka being more and more powerful each time, you would think the other magical girls would be as well, I don't really understand how that works (because Madoka is the subject of the wish?) Anyway, I always saw Madoka as a parallel to Nanoha, having immense latent natural ability for magic, but it could be because of the wish she makes or something, idk.

    I understand them not believing Homura when she comes and tells them about the bad stuff involved in making a wish and contracting. First of all, denial is a strong emotion, as is mistrust. Put yourself in the girls' shoes, after contracting you wouldn't want to believe that you signed your life away to fuzzy Lucifer out of ignorance and are being enlightened after the fact when it's too late, especially by someone whose motives you don't really know vs fuzzy Lucifer who seems like a pretty straightforward kind of guy (keyword seems).
    And before contracting, you've got a cute animal PROVING that things you never knew about exist in the world and you're allowed to become caught up in it and become extraordinary and different from everyone else, which is something not many people would say no to in the first place. Then you have a random girl come tell you that it's all a trick and you'll die if you contract, even though you get an awesome wish granted and get to fight for the good of humanity. Most people would be blinded by the instant gratification that comes with wishing your problems away, and swayed by mistrust of the person telling you your dreams coming true is a bad thing.

    The thing I'm most in disbelief about when it comes to these kind of shows is that these girls don't go to their parents and tell them they think they need to be institutionalized for seeing things... >_> If as a kid I accidentally stumbled upon witch territory and a QB randomly showed up and some magical girls were like 'hey sup' I would have gone straight to my parents and told them and they would have sent me to the nice people in coats. I guess it has to go a different way otherwise there would be no show but still.

    As for the series end... I am hoping the writers come up with something utterly unexpected and really crazy to fit the tone of the show.
    Then again, there is that cat, and young Madoka in the OP. I wonder if the series doesn't somehow end with Homura being the cat (being tired of living so long/seeing what she's seen?), perhaps she or Madoka does something so drastic that time rewinds itself to before their middle school days after taking care of QB once and for all somehow... maybe Homura expends herself to send Madoka back in time in the current timeline and the costume she's wearing while young is a red herring or something... bahhhh. Guess it won't be long before we find out.

  7. #14707
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I'm not sure Homura picked the best time to tell Sayaka. She seemed emotionally unstable.

    Anyway, my point is that it would have been more believable if Homura would have tried telling the girls before they make the pact, but when they are aware of the magical stuff.
    Mami's and Kyoko's pact seem to have been made a bit longer in the past, and considering both their circumstances, I doubt they'd even share the situation their pact was made with Homura.

    That leaves Madoka and Sayaka, but Sayaka's presence wasn't around on the first 2 timeline, or even the last one where she had to fight the Walpurgis Nacht alone, so Homura may have considered that Sayaka being a Puella Magi is just a fluke, and she did mentioned how she failed to stop Sayaka and regretted how she should have paid more attention when she saw Sayaka contracted in this timeline.

    Gonna be hilarious if the fact that Madoka was the strongest Mahou shoujou was actually caused by the fact that it was Homura's fault for altering the timeline and causing the accumulation of her magical power.

    The thing I'm most in disbelief about when it comes to these kind of shows is that these girls don't go to their parents and tell them they think they need to be institutionalized for seeing things... >_> If as a kid I accidentally stumbled upon witch territory and a QB randomly showed up and some magical girls were like 'hey sup' I would have gone straight to my parents and told them and they would have sent me to the nice people in coats. I guess it has to go a different way otherwise there would be no show but still.
    Try not to try to apply too much common sense or logic in a show where magical catrabbit hyperdimensional alien uses souls of little girl to power their society.

  8. #14708
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    What cat in the OP? Did I miss something.

  9. #14709
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    What cat in the OP? Did I miss something.
    They probably mean this cat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQpwnmecFY
    Spoiler: show



  10. #14710
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Must be Luna.

  11. #14711
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Madoka 10

    Spoiler: show

    Honestly, with the way the series is, I'm a little surprised it chose to take the route it did with the Homura groundhog day, since it was so easily predicted by so many people and actually turned out the way I guessed it would. I was halfway expecting something more from left field. After QB's big reveal about being an alien and turning girls into witches to reverse entropy though, I guess the stage is set in such a way that it's not revealing stuff out of left field anymore, just progressing naturally towards the inevitable end.

    As far as the rest of 10 is concerned, Mami going nuts was hilariously sad. She always did seem a little unstable. Madoka being more and more powerful each time, you would think the other magical girls would be as well, I don't really understand how that works (because Madoka is the subject of the wish?) Anyway, I always saw Madoka as a parallel to Nanoha, having immense latent natural ability for magic, but it could be because of the wish she makes or something, idk.

    I understand them not believing Homura when she comes and tells them about the bad stuff involved in making a wish and contracting. First of all, denial is a strong emotion, as is mistrust. Put yourself in the girls' shoes, after contracting you wouldn't want to believe that you signed your life away to fuzzy Lucifer out of ignorance and are being enlightened after the fact when it's too late, especially by someone whose motives you don't really know vs fuzzy Lucifer who seems like a pretty straightforward kind of guy (keyword seems).
    And before contracting, you've got a cute animal PROVING that things you never knew about exist in the world and you're allowed to become caught up in it and become extraordinary and different from everyone else, which is something not many people would say no to in the first place. Then you have a random girl come tell you that it's all a trick and you'll die if you contract, even though you get an awesome wish granted and get to fight for the good of humanity. Most people would be blinded by the instant gratification that comes with wishing your problems away, and swayed by mistrust of the person telling you your dreams coming true is a bad thing.

    The thing I'm most in disbelief about when it comes to these kind of shows is that these girls don't go to their parents and tell them they think they need to be institutionalized for seeing things... >_> If as a kid I accidentally stumbled upon witch territory and a QB randomly showed up and some magical girls were like 'hey sup' I would have gone straight to my parents and told them and they would have sent me to the nice people in coats. I guess it has to go a different way otherwise there would be no show but still.

    As for the series end... I am hoping the writers come up with something utterly unexpected and really crazy to fit the tone of the show.
    Then again, there is that cat, and young Madoka in the OP. I wonder if the series doesn't somehow end with Homura being the cat (being tired of living so long/seeing what she's seen?), perhaps she or Madoka does something so drastic that time rewinds itself to before their middle school days after taking care of QB once and for all somehow... maybe Homura expends herself to send Madoka back in time in the current timeline and the costume she's wearing while young is a red herring or something... bahhhh. Guess it won't be long before we find out.
    Spoiler: show
    The first Madoka most likely wished to obtain the power to protect the one she loves no matter when or where, and that wish carried out through every reset because she still had to protect Homura. If Homura wish to protect Madoka, Madoka wished to protect Homura, the whole thing could easily snowball into what it is now.


    This show is only predictable because they are foreshadowing everything, and that's definitvely not a bad thing. If they were doing thing differently, we probably wouldn't have seen the same amount of discussions we saw on this board.


    About the girls overeacting...I don't know. It seem to be a common characteristic in animes character to overreact when they learn something bad. Human are generally stronger than this...not everyone go on a rampage the moment they learn that something isnt going well. Last episode just didn't convince me that she tried everything

    And while kyubey is cute, they would probably believe another human more than this thing.

  12. #14712
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I think iIt's just Madoka being cute, doubt it has significance. There's also an older naked Madoka who kisses Madoka and Madoka as a magical girl, we all know how much those have been followed through with.

  13. #14713
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I think iIt's just Madoka being cute, doubt it has significance. There's also an older naked Madoka who kisses Madoka and Madoka as a magical girl, we all know how much those have been followed through with.
    Likely that much is Madoka from the past or something. OP has a little significance to the show, but I think you gotta cherry pick them.

  14. #14714
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Madoka

    Spoiler: show
    Something that isn't clear to me: In the first time-line, I thought Madoka was already a Puella Magi when Homura got there. Of course, it isn't COMPLETELY clear because the scene where Homura was in the Witch's Barrier was really soon after her introduction to the class. Then the scene after the fight, Madoka talks about Mami being better because she'd only been a Puella Magi for a week.

    So we have to conclude that either there is 1 week of time somewhere either between Homura waking up that day and showing up to class, or between class and and running in to the witch, OR that Madoka just didn't contract as soon in the later versions for no apparent reason...

    It shows a calender with some days X'ed out and one circled, but I'm not sure what that represents.

  15. #14715
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Spoiler: show
    After the 3rd iteration when Madoka gave the last Grief Seed to Homura and tell her to prevent her from ever being a Puella Magi, Homura awoke in the same hospital bed, but decided to change her image, then went back even further in time to kill off QB and warn Madoka (Power using scene > Visiting Madoka at night holding a dead QB).

    It's entirely possible something like that happened on the current series iteration and prevented/delayed QB's contact with Madoka, though QB only said that Homura killed her once before on that scene where she gunned him down, or that Homura decided to wind back the loop further and start on an earlier note and went to school earlier she no longer have any of that hear disease now she's a zombie. The crossed days and circled is probably just Homura showing her enthusiasm on getting off the hospital back when she's more...enthusiastic

    Though if her power isn't limited by a loop range, I guess it would make a lot more sense if she had just set multiple checkpoints and just undo shit whenever it goes sour, then again I suppose she was calculating the amount of power she would have to use vs the amount of grief seeds available to her on the timeline...

    Then again, it's possible for her to stock multiple grief seeds from multiple timeline, etc so really shit just got fucked up when time travel/alternate reality is involved

    Not to mention the timeline are varied, since Kyouko and Sayaka doesn't even show up on the first 2 and the second to the last timelines, and fuck Sayaka, she bitched Homura on that timeline, and she caused Kyouko's death in this iteration and left Homura alone vs Walpurgis Nacht yet again, what a fucking useless bitch

  16. #14716
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    418
    BG Level
    4

    How many more weeks of air time does Madoka have left?? Im wondering if i should start watching it or just wait to marathon it.

  17. #14717
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    2 more episode, assuming that the quake doesn't fuck anymore anime airings

    After all, if CNN is any indication, the nuclear fallout is imminent and what remains of Japan would be some barbaric nomad with bad fashion sense being murdered by a man with 7 bullet scars on his chest.

  18. #14718
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Post from an /a/ thread, but it is so true, Homura > *. Just being strong/cool for Madoka...
    I just realized that in the episode where Homura saves Sayaka from getting speared by Kyouko...Homura must have dragged Sayaka out of the way, then went carefully back in between the two girls, jumped a bit for the falling effect, then resumed time, and flicked her hair.

    Oh Homura, trying so hard to look cool.



  19. #14719
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Looks like Star Driver was delayed due to the earthquake, not sure for how long or if any other shows will be affected by this.

  20. #14720
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Am I the only one who dislike Homura? I always hated her obsession for Madoka, and the way she act with the rest of the cast isnt helping. Sure, she redeemed herself partially in the last episode, but I still dislike her character.

Page 736 of 777 FirstFirst ... 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 ... LastLast