Page 99 of 777 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1961 to 1980 of 15535
  1. #1961
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Tell me about it, I'll give you an example of shitty subs if you saw Soul Eater's. I mean you literally ask yourself what the fuck the guy was thinking when he choose those type of subs. I swear I can't even go too far without squinting my eyes into oblivion and having to scoot over more and more. One thing is if they pick like pure white letters that can't be read half the time but it's not bad enough that you can't put up with it, but I'm considering waiting for other people to sub Soul Eater so I can actually watch it without having to put myself infront of the computer monitor.

    I understand .mkv is cool and all for the custom subs and stuff but I don't ever remembering having "sub difficulties" when downloading avi files. Plus DivX just kicks the shit out of every other player in my opinion..
    Which sub of Soul Eater are you watching? I have no problems with Tadashi's subs.

  2. #1962
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Tell me about it, I'll give you an example of shitty subs if you saw Soul Eater's. I mean you literally ask yourself what the fuck the guy was thinking when he choose those type of subs. I swear I can't even go too far without squinting my eyes into oblivion and having to scoot over more and more. One thing is if they pick like pure white letters that can't be read half the time but it's not bad enough that you can't put up with it, but I'm considering waiting for other people to sub Soul Eater so I can actually watch it without having to put myself infront of the computer monitor.

    I understand .mkv is cool and all for the custom subs and stuff but I don't ever remembering having "sub difficulties" when downloading avi files. Plus DivX just kicks the shit out of every other player in my opinion..
    Which sub of Soul Eater are you watching? I have no problems with Tadashi's subs.
    Looks like AEN fan-subs? Thats what the file-name says for me.

  3. #1963
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Which sub of Soul Eater are you watching? I have no problems with Tadashi's subs.
    Looks like AEN fan-subs? Thats what the file-name says for me.
    Well, yeah, I know from Bamboo Blade that their use of fonts can make your eyes hurt

  4. #1964
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,588
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    My problem is more like... softsub vs hardsub. I don't care whether it's avi or mkv, make it hardsub and I'm happy. Triad does this with Kaiji and I just re-mux (and only have to re-encode the audio to be PS3 compatible)

    Right now I just re-encode mkvs into mp4s to stream to the PS3, but it takes like an hour and a half for each video...

    mkv is good when you want to use photoshop or any video editing program to mess about the video, where you can pull all those subtitle out from mkv file and make it "become" raw. While you can't do that on avi thought >.>

  5. #1965
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    I forget. Who was the best sub-group to do Code Geass?

  6. #1966
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I forget. Who was the best sub-group to do Code Geass?
    Eclipse?

  7. #1967
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I forget. Who was the best sub-group to do Code Geass?
    Season 1?

    GG.

    However, GG's releases aren't widescreen since they're TV; the DVDs were widescreen. For DVD you're stuck with Taedium.

    GG's staff is re-doing CG Widescreen as "Dominos" but they've only released the first 8-10 or so episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Tell me about it, I'll give you an example of shitty subs if you saw Soul Eater's. I mean you literally ask yourself what the fuck the guy was thinking when he choose those type of subs. I swear I can't even go too far without squinting my eyes into oblivion and having to scoot over more and more. One thing is if they pick like pure white letters that can't be read half the time but it's not bad enough that you can't put up with it, but I'm considering waiting for other people to sub Soul Eater so I can actually watch it without having to put myself infront of the computer monitor.

    I understand .mkv is cool and all for the custom subs and stuff but I don't ever remembering having "sub difficulties" when downloading avi files. Plus DivX just kicks the shit out of every other player in my opinion..
    ..AEN sucks dick and I don't feel like saying anything else.

    PS to some people in this thread: MKV/AVI = containers h264/divx/xvid = codecs, if you have an avi and a mkv with the same exact video stream and audio stream iirc the mkv is going to be a whole kilobyte smaller, LEARN THE DIFFERENCE IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE

  8. #1968
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I forget. Who was the best sub-group to do Code Geass?
    Season 1?

    GG.

    However, GG's releases aren't widescreen since they're TV; the DVDs were widescreen. For DVD you're stuck with Taedium.

    GG's staff is re-doing CG Widescreen as "Dominos" but they've only released the first 8-10 or so episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Tell me about it, I'll give you an example of shitty subs if you saw Soul Eater's. I mean you literally ask yourself what the fuck the guy was thinking when he choose those type of subs. I swear I can't even go too far without squinting my eyes into oblivion and having to scoot over more and more. One thing is if they pick like pure white letters that can't be read half the time but it's not bad enough that you can't put up with it, but I'm considering waiting for other people to sub Soul Eater so I can actually watch it without having to put myself infront of the computer monitor.

    I understand .mkv is cool and all for the custom subs and stuff but I don't ever remembering having "sub difficulties" when downloading avi files. Plus DivX just kicks the shit out of every other player in my opinion..
    ..AEN sucks dick and I don't feel like saying anything else.

    PS to some people in this thread: MKV/AVI = containers h264/divx/xvid = codecs, if you have an avi and a mkv with the same exact video stream and audio stream iirc the mkv is going to be a whole kilobyte smaller, LEARN THE DIFFERENCE IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE
    Ah, spiffy. Got a website? D: GG was better than Shinsen I guess? What gripes over Shinsen were there this time?

  9. #1969
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero
    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Which sub of Soul Eater are you watching? I have no problems with Tadashi's subs.
    Looks like AEN fan-subs? Thats what the file-name says for me.
    Well, yeah, I know from Bamboo Blade that their use of fonts can make your eyes hurt
    Haha, did they do Bamboo Blade also? I think I might have seen a different fansubbed version.

    And if you're looking for direct downloads Akiyama I use... http://animebreaker.com/content/view/262/30/
    First two episodes are subbed by GG from the looks of it, although its in mkv...

  10. #1970
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Ah, spiffy. Got a website? D: GG was better than Shinsen I guess? What gripes over Shinsen were there this time?
    Taedium has no site, torrent's listed on TokyoTosho.

    Dunno about Dominos but they have a bot in GG's irc channel (and probably their own). I dunno about Shinsen but they did TV broadcast too and I prefer widescreen personally.

  11. #1971
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Ah, spiffy. Got a website? D: GG was better than Shinsen I guess? What gripes over Shinsen were there this time?
    Taedium has no site, torrent's listed on TokyoTosho.

    Dunno about Dominos but they have a bot in GG's irc channel (and probably their own). I dunno about Shinsen but they did TV broadcast too and I prefer widescreen personally.
    I was talking about GG/Dominos having a site and what not, but I found it.

  12. #1972
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by aers
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Ah, spiffy. Got a website? D: GG was better than Shinsen I guess? What gripes over Shinsen were there this time?
    Taedium has no site, torrent's listed on TokyoTosho.

    Dunno about Dominos but they have a bot in GG's irc channel (and probably their own). I dunno about Shinsen but they did TV broadcast too and I prefer widescreen personally.
    Download Taedium and use this:

    http://www.domain.kefi.org/code-geass/

    You can batch convert the subs into gg's styles and subtitles. Best of both worlds (widescreen too)!

  13. #1973
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]


  14. #1974
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    So Bandai-Entertainment just announced they have two new titles. Thoughts?

    http://www.bandai-ent.com/

    Beaten D:

    ALMOST.

  15. #1975
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    blu-ray prz!!

  16. #1976
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    So Bandai-Entertainment just announced they have two new titles. Thoughts?

    http://www.bandai-ent.com/

    Beaten D:

    ALMOST.
    My thought are.. dubs suck, that is all

  17. #1977
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    So Bandai-Entertainment just announced they have two new titles. Thoughts?

    http://www.bandai-ent.com/

    Beaten D:

    ALMOST.
    My thought are.. dubs suck, that is all
    Not so much the dub, but the DVD quality as I'm sure you can switch to Japanese.

    Also, something interesting about Gurren Lagann.

    Per the frontpage of animeondvd.com -
    Bandai Entertainment Nabs Gurren Lagann (05:35 PM EDT): Explaining away the quiet on the ADV Films front, Bandai Entertainment has announced that they will be releasing the series Gurren Lagann in the US.

    Bandai Entertainment on Gurren Lagann (05:37 PM EDT): Gurren Lagann from Bandai Entertainment is apparently going to get an unusual release from the company as they're going to rush it out the door starting in July - subtitled only. A dubbed version will be released starting in the first quarter of 2009. But in 2008, releases of the entire series will come out in July, August and September, presumably in the same kind of double disc sets mentioned for other new titles.

  18. #1978
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobta
    I hope this is in the anime...
    The spanking scene is in today's Kanokon

  19. #1979
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Just when I thought Kanokon couldn't get better...Spanking?!?! :D

  20. #1980
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Re: Anime Thread. [Prob not 56k safe]

    Gah the fanservice is too good at teasing
    Gonna have to wtach ep 3 raw after 2... its... its.... :nikkei:

Page 99 of 777 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast