Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 91 of 91
  1. #81
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    522
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    those were doomed (giant toads) not behe

  2. #82
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by deivi
    those were doomed (giant toads) not behe
    You mean this?

    Quote Originally Posted by I
    I didn't know shit about it. I was always hanging in San d'Oria. Only thing that really REALLY sticks out about beta was the Gigantoad event where we crashed the servers several times.

  3. #83
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    I heard that the longer you leave those things in your in-box, the higher the hq rate is! gogo try it!
    If that was true, I'd probably HQ holy water x24 or something.

    Seriously, it was the first time the game had sent me anything other than AH money. I was a newbie, and it was the first HQ crystal I'd ever seen. (Guilds didn't have GP items then). If it'd been earth, I'd have used it ages ago. Light? I'm a 89 Clothcrafter. WTF do I use an light crystal on?

  4. #84
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    I heard that the longer you leave those things in your in-box, the higher the hq rate is! gogo try it!
    If that was true, I'd probably HQ holy water x24 or something.

    Seriously, it was the first time the game had sent me anything other than AH money. I was a newbie, and it was the first HQ crystal I'd ever seen. (Guilds didn't have GP items then). If it'd been earth, I'd have used it ages ago. Light? I'm a 89 Clothcrafter. WTF do I use an light crystal on?
    Goldfish Bowl! Or a Fighting Fish Tank if you feel fancy.

  5. #85
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    The Gigantoads were outside of the towns and they crashed the servers because it was a stress test. >_> It was pretty much the same exact thing as the Twinkling Treant event. Which, by the way, was the best event in the history of FFXI. I feel sorry for you chumps you started after that Christmas event.

  6. #86
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    the Twinkling Treant event.
    Or as I like to call it, the event that made your airship pass worthless.

  7. #87
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    the Twinkling Treant event.
    Or as I like to call it, the event that made your airship pass worthless.
    Wasn't Fairy and Midgardsormr the two last servers to complete this event (requiring a deadline extension), and were very close to being the only servers without OPs?

    Or was SE planning all along to give every server OPs, and would have kept extending the deadline until they finished...

  8. #88
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I think one of the servers didnt make it in time and they gave them the OPs anyway.

  9. #89
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    280
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    the Twinkling Treant event.
    Or as I like to call it, the event that made your airship pass worthless.
    Wasn't Fairy and Midgardsormr the two last servers to complete this event (requiring a deadline extension), and were very close to being the only servers without OPs?

    Or was SE planning all along to give every server OPs, and would have kept extending the deadline until they finished...
    probably. i remember when JoL came out they were comparing his regen to TT regen... but i remember TT regen was something horrible

  10. #90
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Originially TT regen was so bad you would see 15 people blast the hell out of it...and it'd barely bump the health bar. And promptly go up to 100% a second later.

    Buggy as hell, part of the reason I think they extended the event. For the first few days, you couldn't do a thing (other than skill up on the tree ).

  11. #91
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I think one of the servers didnt make it in time and they gave them the OPs anyway.
    I seem to recall they gave them a deadline extension, and both Fairy and Midgardsormr did finish before the extension. I think Fairy was the last one, overall. I don't remember one actually failing (i.e. without an extension from SE to let them complete it).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 2009-05-15, 10:31
  2. Fatality is back
    By Amarao in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 2006-02-25, 10:50
  3. mysterytour is back online
    By Judah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-10-11, 14:21