Yeah try and reduce the amount of TP you give it.
Yeah try and reduce the amount of TP you give it.
It's not necessary, but to speed things up I just have my melee's burn their 2hrs on it. 2x hf and 1x ms kills it pretty quickly even with the restoral spam your bound to get. Hit it with chi blast for penance to open as well. Have your rdm cs cure as well if you run into issues. Like others have said, mages 20.1 distance away. Lots of chances for revitalizers in this zone if you want to have your 2hrs for boss as well.Originally Posted by Kysmet
Try going nuts on it if you are having problems pushing it down.
Otherwise 2x mnk it to death alternating chi blasts to keep penance up. Treat it as a chariot with a bigger aoe range. Like the others have said. Can be done either way.
Share this please? Our group wants Morrigan cuffs over almost anything else ._. Bhaf is almost pointless if we miss Mad BomberOriginally Posted by Aemora
I remember zerging it with 18 people last year on my first run. Good time.Originally Posted by Kysmet
Like other said, the "2 melee" rule apply here as well. With brd, rdm, whm, 2 melee is the most a normal party can handle if you take in consideration that utsu is wiped by every aoe, and the amount of damage taken increase by 50% with a 3rd person. 3 mnk could probably do it fine, but we dont have that luxury.
With elegy/slow/haste and nin sub, there is no reason to die against it with 2 melee, except for the occasional fluke that happen once in a while.
How much time do you have for the boss when you do this? Hell, with 6 we normally cut it close to 5-10 mins remaining after killing the boss on the good day and that's w/o GG3 or Turtle... I think we waste a lot of time on the 1st floor unlocking equips because the Deadpan cells almost always go to waste, but other than that.. I'm not really sure where we can shave off enough time to pull 5 nms off + boss...Originally Posted by zard1977
I think we had about ~18min left for boss IIRC.
Prior to the version update its usually about 10min left for boss if we took the NW route at 2F.
anyone do a SSR run tonight and notice that the mobs were hitting 2~3 times harder than usual?
nearly wiped us on the first floor due to how hard they were hitting.... granted powderkeg finally dropped slops, but was a damn difficult fight til we got tanks magic. ;;
ended up timing out on turtle @70%ish due to getting people raised and such
Just did SSR today I can confirm mobs were hitting extremely harder than usual. Wiped my group twice and timed out on 3rd floor.
Did SS today, hitting the same as every other time.
Keep in mind fomors do a nice hefty defense down that hurts a lot.
2nd floor fomor always hit like truck if you don't have blink, even without the debuff. Can pretty much one/two shot someone naked without hp/cell.Originally Posted by Wizerd
Originally Posted by Kaylia
1F was rocking us hard.
Even with defense down, you don't get smacked for 100~200 a hit on 1f. Just no.
Nothing has ever hit me that hard on 1F except Hammerblow in the low 100s with defense down and usually only on criticals. <_< Not sure why they were hitting you that hard, but I've never seen it. Not even today.Originally Posted by Zhais
it happened to us once, that the 6 fomor in Usu NM room hit that hard, without counter stance and with protect. Its a glitch that happens from time to time. Otherwise they hit for <50.Originally Posted by Zhais
Hey Naver, we did SSR just before your group and Niv forgot to change subs and tanked the whole thing /WAR, it seems pretty normal.Originally Posted by Naver
Killed Hammerblow, Dekka, Gyro1, Gyro3, Turtle just fine with Niv's mnk/war out powering my gimp mnk/nin alot.
Phalanx II should solve those woes
Room with 6 fomor (rng can hit that much on naked people), def down (debuf, zerk, counterstance?). Otherwise, poidhOriginally Posted by Zhais
I'm sure this has been answered at some point in this thread, but I couldn't find it.
What's the "correct" path to kite the boss in order to not get brainjacked? I've tried figure8ing and just making sort of an oval, but haven't really found a path that tricks the AI up very much, so that it runs up to the inactive porter then back down (pretty sure I've heard of this being done). this is with crimson or gaiters of course
I disagree with the kiting path. I often do it on war/nin and the big circle behind pillar is just as good as the short one.
Thank you