Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1474
  1. #741
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Has this ever been mentionned:

    Today I started killing the right rampart, while others were doing Giroscopic Gears NM. The rampart never tried to melee me, he just used WS... I remember it to hit me when I fight it as monk (was on thf for once).

  2. #742
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser
    Has this ever been mentionned:

    Today I started killing the right rampart, while others were doing Giroscopic Gears NM. The rampart never tried to melee me, he just used WS... I remember it to hit me when I fight it as monk (was on thf for once).
    Either you were attacking from out of range, or it had hate on someone else. It'll melee you if you're in range and have hate.

  3. #743
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    I was soloing right in front of it

  4. #744
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    I've had the opposite experience. A few times recently I've gone out and started working on it while the others were fighting Gyro3 as well and I thought it'd never meleed, tonight it did. I thought at first maybe it was the wrong one.

  5. #745
    Naver
    Guest

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    I'm trying to find out exactly the distance that ToAU fomors will aggro you by using Job Abilities. I know they aggro sound and low HP, but I was pretty certain they aggro Job Abilities from a farther range. FailWiki confirms this but doesn't give a max distance to what I would like to know. Can anyone confirm?

    Side Note: I don't use Distance from Windower. If I would I could answer this question myself, sadly. I figured others here would have the answer already from common knowledge.

  6. #746
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Naver
    I'm trying to find out exactly the distance that ToAU fomors will aggro you by using Job Abilities. I know they aggro sound and low HP, but I was pretty certain they aggro Job Abilities from a farther range. FailWiki confirms this but doesn't give a max distance to what I would like to know. Can anyone confirm?

    Side Note: I don't use Distance from Windower. If I would I could answer this question myself, sadly. I figured others here would have the answer already from common knowledge.
    Should be 20' for blood and JA aggro both. Same range as Rail Cannon on a triple gear, or Poroggo Madame charm, if that helps any. It's very useful for safe pulls, since you can go just in range of the closest fomor, use Sneak attack or something, then run without any casts going off unless it's a slow one like Dia or Bio.

  7. #747
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    I was under the impression it was 25 last time I voke pulled one (and ended with 3 mnk), but 20 might be right. Gonna check on first floor next run

  8. #748
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I was under the impression it was 25 last time I voke pulled one (and ended with 3 mnk), but 20 might be right. Gonna check on first floor next run
    Hmm it could be 25 but I don't see why JA aggro would be bigger than Blood aggro range. Blood is 20 for sure, because you're within 25 if you pass through to the south end of the room but you won't get aggro along wall if yellow HP.

  9. #749
    Naver
    Guest

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I was under the impression it was 25 last time I voke pulled one (and ended with 3 mnk), but 20 might be right. Gonna check on first floor next run
    Hmm it could be 25 but I don't see why JA aggro would be bigger than Blood aggro range. Blood is 20 for sure, because you're within 25 if you pass through to the south end of the room but you won't get aggro along wall if yellow HP.

    This is what I was taught by Suiram to do. Run into the room hugging the wall either left or right doesn't matter, and you won't blood aggro because you are out of their range. I distinctly remember standing in that spot, maybe 1-2 distance closer and using sneak attack to pull them and grabbing them all. I got gravity cast on me afterwards but that was easily remedied with flee.

  10. #750
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    JA aggro is 20. I often use boost to pull on 1F.

  11. #751
    Naver
    Guest

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Thanks for the confirmation.

  12. #752
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    don't know if this has been done or not

    last night did SSR and manage to pull off: Hammer>Dekka>G1>G3>Turtle>Boss with 7 min on timer after boss killed.

    Also few days earlier, did hammer>powder>G3>boss with 24 min left on timer after boss killed


  13. #753
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    I've never used the distance plugin either, but the boundary of the large square of metal grate flooring seems to be maximum blood/JA distance, too. And if you're pulling them and don't have JA, ranged, or low HP, the thick line across the middle of the room is the boundary for sound aggro if you want to run across and then immediately start running back without waiting to see if they react or not.

  14. #754
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva
    don't know if this has been done or not

    last night did SSR and manage to pull off: Hammer>Dekka>G1>G3>Turtle>Boss with 7 min on timer after boss killed.

    Also few days earlier, did hammer>powder>G3>boss with 24 min left on timer after boss killed

    Try Hammer -> Powder -> G3 -> Turtle -> Boss and see how much time you have left over.

    Basically equates to: Can you kill 2 NM imps and 9 gears faster than you can kill 16 Fomors, NM Fomor, and 4 imps.

    Gears go down about the same speed as fomors do, and the Dekka room can take a bit due to no Ability spam, so once your good you can do them all.

    Are you doing gear train btw, or skipping?

  15. #755
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    We just had a run where we did Deadpan Devilet/Dekka, 15 Card NM, Gyroscopic Gear, Gyroscopic Gears, and boss with time left over. I was pretty happy about that. :D

  16. #756
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    201
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    We just had a run where we did Deadpan Devilet/Dekka, 15 Card NM, Gyroscopic Gear, Gyroscopic Gears, and boss with time left over. I was pretty happy about that. :D

    Same, except take out GG3 and put in Turtle, had 10mins left when we were done. Shame we never get anything to drop from this zone though.

  17. #757
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Try Hammer -> Powder -> G3 -> Turtle -> Boss and see how much time you have left over.

    Basically equates to: Can you kill 2 NM imps and 9 gears faster than you can kill 16 Fomors, NM Fomor, and 4 imps.

    Gears go down about the same speed as fomors do, and the Dekka room can take a bit due to no Ability spam, so once your good you can do them all.

    Are you doing gear train btw, or skipping?
    skip, we just wait the gear train in the corner, once they went back, thf fanatic+train the rampart room, we pulled the ramparts+chariot, sleep ramparts>kill chariot>kill rampart>pull CC+zerg it>CC@20%HP THF flee+PD port up

    going to attempt hammer>powder>g3>turtle>boss in 2-3 days

  18. #758
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva
    Try Hammer -> Powder -> G3 -> Turtle -> Boss and see how much time you have left over.

    Basically equates to: Can you kill 2 NM imps and 9 gears faster than you can kill 16 Fomors, NM Fomor, and 4 imps.

    Gears go down about the same speed as fomors do, and the Dekka room can take a bit due to no Ability spam, so once your good you can do them all.

    Are you doing gear train btw, or skipping?
    skip, we just wait the gear train in the corner, once they went back, thf fanatic+train the rampart room, we pulled the ramparts+chariot, sleep ramparts>kill chariot>kill rampart>pull CC+zerg it>CC@20%HP THF flee+PD port up

    going to attempt hammer>powder>g3>turtle>boss in 2-3 days
    Wait in corner for them to pass? I realize what your talking about, but how do you clear the 4 ramparts and chariot in the 3 minutes it takes for them to get back to you?

    Or am I missing something.

    You zone up, run down to room, wait for gear train to pass you twice?(once going north, then back south), then sack pull and clear? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what your doing.

    Ive alternated 2 different strats so far as I havent decided which one i like more:

    1. Have thf flee down as soon as he ports and aggro gear train as soon as we port up (so we save 3.5 minutes) and then just kill gear train. Then sack the rampart room.

    2. Run down as soon as we zone and sack the room and bring everything to portal. <- this 'should' be faster, but is often messy with long pulls and avoiding the gear train.

  19. #759
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    oh sorry forgot to say that we pulled ramparts+chariot to start>kill>pull CC to start> kill CC>thf port up

  20. #760
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

    There is no reason to pull CC at the start imo. Unlike rampart, you don't need a lot of room to fight it. As long someone pay attention to gears train, I can't imagine people having trouble

Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1476
    Last Post: 2009-08-14, 14:53
  2. Silver Sea Remnants Boss: Reassurance
    By Kohan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-09-26, 19:32
  3. Any new Silver Seas theories?
    By Croaker in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2008-05-27, 13:48
  4. silver sea remnants boss
    By parabola04 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2008-04-15, 14:55
  5. Silver Sea Remnants Time Markers
    By Gaea in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-03-15, 07:23
  6. Silver Sea Remnants NM: Powderkeg Yanadahn
    By Francisco II in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-06-27, 18:29
  7. Salvage: Silver Sea Remnants
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 2007-05-07, 15:39
  8. Salvage:Zhayolm Remnants
    By Leonien in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-23, 18:29