Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1474
  1. #881
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,142
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    I keep hearing this. Somebody find me a gimick that makes body drop Q.Q Dear god please alwkejqwle3wje3
    D/C during the fight, and don't come back until it's dead. You'll come back to Hara-ate in treasure.

  2. #882
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    158
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by chapstick View Post
    D/C during the fight, and don't come back until it's dead. You'll come back to Hara-ate in treasure.
    My group is suggesting I do this for BattleClad. Hit 0/22 last night. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    update: This did not work...

  3. #883
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    156
    BG Level
    3

    I've been running SSR several times now with a MNK/NIN + RDM/WHM + BRD/WHM(boxed) and although we're getting better, we're still having time issues.

    We go west of course, kill just the solo fomor and then directly to hammerblow room. MNK pulls and loses all but 1 (sometimes 2). First floor takes 20-25 minutes that way and is really quite easy. When we farmed one room of fomors, it took around 30. Not sure how we can make this any faster.

    Second floor, we go for Powderkeg, and this is where we start to have problems. Our best so far is having 2 fomor left at timeout. What are we doing wrong? I keep up double marches, basic debuffs, make sure to dispel them all multiple times, keep dia3 up, and nuke the shit out of every fomor, and yet still we have time issues.

    I think our problem might be slow pulling, the first few pulls in PK room can sometimes be nasty. A link with an imp in that room kills us if we try to take it, so whenever we have a link we run until we lose aggro. Should we approach all pulls that way? Simply pull and run the same way we do in Hammerblow room?

  4. #884
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,187
    BG Level
    7

    I don't do this with 3 or haven't attempted with 3 but this room used to really piss me off as well. I used to come WAR to this run because I'm probably our best DD but started coming RDM because I was getting sick of our puller. He would always pull too slow wasting far too much time and when we would get on his case he would always cry because he would get a link and die, I got so sick of hearing him cry that I just started coming RDM to pull this room.

    As RDM pulling I don't really care if I get a link, I know I can handle it. If I link a fomor and Imp my MNK knows to get the Imp first and wether it be 1,2 or 3 Fomors that link as well I can handle them as long as he gets the Imp off of me.

    Which job are you using to pull? The BRD or the RDM? If you're using the BRD to pull you could have a hard time shaking the links w/out the use of gravity and bind, if you have the RDM pull and get an Imp tho you might find that while RDM is kiting you might lack good enough healing support, altho I think a good MNK with enough meds and a BRD should be able to handle an imp pretty easily.

    You say you are getting better so you should only continue to do so if you keep trying at it, just gotta start pushing and pushing till you got it down pact I guess.

  5. #885
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1

    Speaking of doing Silver Seas with three… I’ll throw in my low-man story as well, sorry if I’m repeating something already discussed in this thread.

    The demand for the elusive Macha’s slops in my Salvage group makes Dekka >> Gyroscopic Gear runs few and far between. In order to get some attempts at these NMs, I put together a trio. Myself on Thf, a friend who wants Marduk feet on Rdm and another friend who wants Usukane head on Brd. Believe it or not, it’s quite easy to trio these three NMs.

    First floor, we farm out 2 rooms of fomors for gear. It's been said before, but Phalanx 2 helps a lot. We kill the fomors in the Hammerblow room two at a time by having the Brd take initial agro and run away while the Rdm and I each pull one off. If you get lucky, you can catch a fomor or two that’s walking back separated from the others to speed up this process. Hammerblow himself is quite easy to kill. I generally don’t need much in the way of healing so the Rdm can help by nuking. In fact, the Rdm and Brd can even help by pulling out a sword and meleeing as well. This actually helps a lot because it gives me someone to TA for additional damage.

    Second floor; Deadpan is also quite easy to tank, he just has a lot of HP. Again, we have the Brd melee while the Rdm stays back for support (Rdm can check the chests for items that can speed up this fight). My melee damage generates enough enmity to safely TA WS the Brd for additional damage (Collaborator helps makes this safe). Rdm again helps with nukes. For Dekka I have the Brd switch to March/Mambo. He doesn’t hit nearly as hard, however he does triple attack a lot. I depend a lot less on shadows, I don’t waste my time casting Ichi at all and only cast Ni when I’m sure I won’t get interrupted (when he uses Abbrasive Tantra or casts a spell). With mambo and an evasion setup he misses the large majority of the time and with Phalanx 2 when he does hit it's for significantly less damage.

    Third floor there’s 8 single gears to kill, which each take about 2 minutes. Once they’re down we check the chests for items to use on Gyroscopic Gear, then take him down quickly. This NM has by far the least HP. Although he can use Restoral, he doesn’t use it nearly as much with only 1 melee giving it TP. With the help of temporary items this is a very quick fight.

    The last time we did this we finished with about 10 minutes to spare. No relics or additional meds were used. I’m sure this can be done in any number three man setups.

  6. #886
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    254
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Did several runs of 3-man SSR last month and always finished with about 20min left after GG3.
    For a 3man setup its better to have 2 melees and a rdm or whm as support. With 2 melees. you can bounce hate to keep shadows up more often and even without elegy and marches/minuet you should be able to take down the fomors faster than a single buffed melee.

  7. #887
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1

    We actually considered the idea of going Thf, Nin, Rdm. Maybe we'll try that next time. This does worry me about Dekka though. Mambo seemed to help a lot.

    I see pros and cons either way, but I'll try it myself before I say one is better than another. Our primary source of damage was from a Thf which is more of a focus on TH than on speed. Mnk or Sam as a DD along with a Rdm and Brd might be the best trio setup.

  8. #888
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zard1977 View Post
    Did several runs of 3-man SSR last month and always finished with about 20min left after GG3.
    For a 3man setup its better to have 2 melees and a rdm or whm as support.
    Which route are you taking for this? hammerblow > dekka > GG1 > GG3 > 20 mins?

  9. #889
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1

    Tried a different trio setup this time. Rdm, Mnk, Thf. Worked out much better with two DD rather than having a Brd. Hit Hammerblow >> Dekka >> GG1 >> GG2 to 2%.... No drops of course.

    I can believe it's very possible to trio these 4 NMs with a little time to spare. Finishing with 20 mins to spare however would require a combination of relics and luck with Restoral spam on Gears.

  10. #890
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    254
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Sorry forgot to mention its powderkeg route.
    3NMs, each 35drop for 1 person.

  11. #891
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    825
    BG Level
    5

    How well is your BRD geared for DD? Songs should boost damage/time by something like 40%, and my DD BRD did about 2/3 of the damage of a well-geared THF in Temenos West.

    Hmm...math tells me a MNK only has to out-DD the THF by 25% to give better overall damage than the BRD (1.6*1.4=2.24), and that seems pretty likely. So yeah, stick with the MNK.

  12. #892
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1

    It's also a matter of being able to use SA and TA efficiently. Granted the Brd wasn't really planning on DDing, but we noticed a huge speed increase bringing Mnk instead of Brd.

  13. #893
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    825
    BG Level
    5

    In the West run I mentioned I was BRD/NIN, so he was able to TA on me to shift hate for SA.

  14. #894
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Ok, I posted the idea a while back to explain SSR abyssal drop rate (around 1%), but it's the first time I actually try it. Basically, zones like Zhayolm make you pick between "chests" or "salvage gears". I was thinking there might be similar gimmick in zhayolm, except opening chest would change the drop rate instead of preventing you to fight the NM.

    Something like:
    No chest =5%
    1 chest = 4%
    2 chests = 3%
    3 chests = 2%
    4 chests+= 1%

    I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but after ~120 runs with no drop on Powderkeg (1/120ish for the rest of my groups), today was the first time I saw the drop.

    Before anyone point out this 1/1 sample isn't big enough to test a ~5% drop rate, I know. However, you don't lose anything trying, and it might be worth a try if it actually work this way. I still think it's just a fluke, but this unexpected drop after so many runs make me wish it's true.

    It could be similar for every NM as well. Dekka, GG, GGs all have 4 chests around them (rampart drop the chests for GGs), and Hammerblows and CCs got many on the way.


    [edit]
    CC is the only one that doesn't blow completly for us. We got 2 drops in ~40 attemps. Dunno if drop rate is better for this one, or we are just lucky, but everything else in the zone is 0 or 1 in too many attempt

  15. #895
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    BG Level
    6

    I just have anecdotal evidence to say to this... but my group is testing this theory atm...

    Our two last Macha's slops droped when we didn't open any chests. We always open chests on usukane head route and got 6+ drop in <100 runs. We always open chests on CC route and got a 4 drops in 70ish runs. We never open chests on GGs cause you gotta kill ramparts first, and we got plenty of ares legs ( ~7/100ish). We always open chests on dekka and GG path, and got only one drop for each NM in 40 ish runs.

  16. #896
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Ares/usu head drop rate are the complete opposite for us. I don't understand salvages drop rate...it never make any sense.

  17. #897
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,668
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    1/120 powderkeg is normal

    dont listen to those 1/<30 people kaylia!

  18. #898
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,187
    BG Level
    7

    SSR just sucks. Don't have exact number but with my current group we've only ever gotten one drop in about 20 runs doing this.

    We always go Hammer > Powder > GG3 > Boss. Only ever seen 1 M.Legs doing this run with this group.

    In my other group I seen 1 M.Legs and 1 A.Legs drop in roughly the same amount of runs, just doing less NM's in those runs.

  19. #899
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    76
    BG Level
    2

    My first salvage set (which didn't last long) went 1/1 on Powderkeg. My current salvage set is 1/6. So.. I'm 2/7, and yes, we feel extremely lucky. We've been pretty lucky in general on drops.

  20. #900
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    SSR just sucks. Don't have exact number but with my current group we've only ever gotten one drop in about 20 runs doing this.

    We always go Hammer > Powder > GG3 > Boss. Only ever seen 1 M.Legs doing this run with this group.

    In my other group I seen 1 M.Legs and 1 A.Legs drop in roughly the same amount of runs, just doing less NM's in those runs.
    1 drop in 20 runs is actually pretty good. We are well over that since our last SSR drop. In fact, we haven't seen a drop in Salvage outside of Ares's 35 hands in several months. Well, except for Marduk 35 body which is on /toss status.

    I have been doing Salvage 5-6 times a week for well over a year and I still have never seen Skadi's 35 legs drop. I would say that about half of those runs were SSR and I have only ever seen 1 Ares's 35 Legs and 1 Usukane 35 Body drop in that time.

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1476
    Last Post: 2009-08-14, 14:53
  2. Silver Sea Remnants Boss: Reassurance
    By Kohan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-09-26, 19:32
  3. Any new Silver Seas theories?
    By Croaker in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2008-05-27, 13:48
  4. silver sea remnants boss
    By parabola04 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2008-04-15, 14:55
  5. Silver Sea Remnants Time Markers
    By Gaea in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-03-15, 07:23
  6. Silver Sea Remnants NM: Powderkeg Yanadahn
    By Francisco II in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-06-27, 18:29
  7. Salvage: Silver Sea Remnants
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 2007-05-07, 15:39
  8. Salvage:Zhayolm Remnants
    By Leonien in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-23, 18:29