Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1201 to 1220 of 1474
  1. #1201
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    825
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea View Post
    I call brainjack coming at 76% to give the monk's time to swap out weapons, and just have the black mage or ranger actually drop it to 75/74.
    It's not necessary to swap out weapons in advance, the DDs can keep DDing until LAC turns to face them. Just warn them that it's coming so they can have their finger on the macro.

  2. #1202
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You talk too much.

    Anyways, md and kenny's info was enough, all I needed was the time limits and 2nd floor route, the rest was cake, but considering the miniscule fap of drg vs. mnk already going on, I'm not going to bait more nonsense to fill up a thread, three people makes it easier to focus on limited NM then full rotation, after my 35s are done I'm picking the other members so they can finish their sets without competition for the pieces.

  3. #1203
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by gamez View Post
    ... after my 35s are done I'm picking the other members so they can finish their sets without competition for the pieces.


    Sure you will. What's important as you make sure they keep believing that. And a fucking "thank you" would be nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valyana View Post
    It's not necessary to swap out weapons in advance, the DDs can keep DDing until LAC turns to face them. Just warn them that it's coming so they can have their finger on the macro.
    I've tried that. Sometimes they get caught up the moment... LOL They tend to hit the brainjack % triggers so quickly that wasting a few seconds with a ranged DD isn't a big deal. I don't like the monks to be a concern when kiting LAC. They hit really hard, really fast, and seem to have better tracking than LAC.

  4. #1204
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    When we do LAC, I say 10% before Brain Jack "Charm in 10", then count down from there until they hit the % and call "Charm". We have no range nor magic DD, so we can't have the MNK's swap out weapons at 76% unless we want them to stand there as the RDM waste his MP nuking it down

    Even if they are slow and miss swapping out weapons, kiting them is easy in the main room. run around the teleporters, then down behind the pillars and back. This way neither the boss nor the melees will catch you.

    You can kite like this everywhere btw. Even in narrow corridors or small spaces like 5F Madame you'll never be hit if you kite like that. Even as WHM I don't even get hit on 5F Frog with everyone charmed.

  5. #1205
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,096
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Post your numbers.
    My WS averages 519 arround at ZR mega for sam[some rana used w/sekka, mainly gekko], I don't have parsed saved of other bosses atm from sam.

  6. #1206
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,590
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    My WS averages 519 arround at ZR mega for sam[some rana used w/sekka, mainly gekko], I don't have parsed saved of other bosses atm from sam.
    And what's your damage per minute ? 519 doesn't seem too far from what mdk posted (450 average, 750 max iirc). So ima assume he is in the "norm" unlike what failuremidgard is posting. Quoting himself,

    Also, 450 is insanely low for average WS on a chariot for me
    I was expecting 800+..

  7. #1207
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,096
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    And what's your damage per minute ? 519 doesn't seem too far from what mdk posted (450 average, 750 max iirc). So ima assume he is in the "norm" unlike what failuremidgard is posting. Quoting himself,



    I was expecting 800+..
    For SSR chariot I seem to average more but can't say haven't done him in while, and dmg per minute I am not really sure exactly since I have parse data but not exact length of fight.

  8. #1208
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    When we do LAC, I say 10% before Brain Jack "Charm in 10", then count down from there until they hit the % and call "Charm". We have no range nor magic DD, so we can't have the MNK's swap out weapons at 76% unless we want them to stand there as the RDM waste his MP nuking it down

    Even if they are slow and miss swapping out weapons, kiting them is easy in the main room. run around the teleporters, then down behind the pillars and back. This way neither the boss nor the melees will catch you.

    You can kite like this everywhere btw. Even in narrow corridors or small spaces like 5F Madame you'll never be hit if you kite like that. Even as WHM I don't even get hit on 5F Frog with everyone charmed.
    Since we go 6 days a week, our LS has a couple extra members to maintain redundancy. When we have a large turnout of 8, sometimes 9, we'll do things that particularly have a lot of cells like SSR or BR.

    I love doing LAC with 8 with the two extras being a NIN and a RNG or BLM.

    The Ninja is a great way to grab LAC after a jack series so the monks can re engage with full health. The BLM or RNG, whatever the case may be, is great for making sure we don't do more than 3 brainjacks.

    When doing this with only 7, a 4th brainjack can be pretty likely when its around 3-10%, depending on how time you waste recovering for brainjacks. I've never done it with just 6 with out 4 brain jacks and I've only done it with 6 twice, though I've also only attempted it with 6 twice. It can be pretty rough.

  9. #1209
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    535
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Whenever we bring a 7th it always ends up being a 3rd monk (just because of the jobs we have and how people are pigeon holed to try and maintain the highest standard we can). We have tried putting a 3rd melee on chariots and it just doesn't seem worth it because of the rate at which it will use tp. Each to their own but I've always found less is more when it comes to chariots, especially on LAC because it makes for less confusion on who its chasing and less people to cure.

    That said we've had 8 on a run before and with 2 mnks, a sam and 2 rdms zerging LBC down in 2 or 3 minutes which is always fun to do.

  10. #1210
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,793
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    And what's your damage per minute ? 519 doesn't seem too far from what mdk posted (450 average, 750 max iirc). So ima assume he is in the "norm" unlike what failuremidgard is posting. Quoting himself,



    I was expecting 800+..
    450 average without Overwhelm already gives an average higher than 519 with Overwhelm, by the way.

    Should probably figure out buffs/debuffs anyway, I have a drg with 5/5 angon in every salvage I go to, so that may skew things some.

  11. #1211
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Whenever we bring a 7th it always ends up being a 3rd monk (just because of the jobs we have and how people are pigeon holed to try and maintain the highest standard we can). We have tried putting a 3rd melee on chariots and it just doesn't seem worth it because of the rate at which it will use tp. Each to their own but I've always found less is more when it comes to chariots, especially on LAC because it makes for less confusion on who its chasing and less people to cure.

    That said we've had 8 on a run before and with 2 mnks, a sam and 2 rdms zerging LBC down in 2 or 3 minutes which is always fun to do.
    The only boss I've found 3 melees to be a problem on is, for some reason, Arrapago. For all others I prefer 3 melees. Usually have me as WHM taking care of main melee and 3rd melee, with the RDM taking care of second melee.

    Then again, we typically use MNK MNK SAM RDM BRD WHM, unless we replace the SAM with a MNK, depends on who we have. So MP really isn't an issue, especially with SCH sub.

  12. #1212
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,096
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    450 average without Overwhelm already gives an average higher than 519 with Overwhelm, by the way.

    Should probably figure out buffs/debuffs anyway, I have a drg with 5/5 angon in every salvage I go to, so that may skew things some.
    yea my average is w/o angon or blu defense down spells even, since I am the only drg or blu in the group atm lol, dunno if had Dia on boss and average probably off cause of rana.

  13. #1213
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Whenever we bring a 7th it always ends up being a 3rd monk (just because of the jobs we have and how people are pigeon holed to try and maintain the highest standard we can). We have tried putting a 3rd melee on chariots and it just doesn't seem worth it because of the rate at which it will use tp. Each to their own but I've always found less is more when it comes to chariots, especially on LAC because it makes for less confusion on who its chasing and less people to cure.

    That said we've had 8 on a run before and with 2 mnks, a sam and 2 rdms zerging LBC down in 2 or 3 minutes which is always fun to do.
    Sometimes we have the luxury of 7th or 8th being BLU. With Auspice, we're comfortable having him melee. The TP moves aren't that bad and it helps us to drop chariots in about 3-4 minutes if everyone has 2hrs.

    We've found blu to be amazing on Bhoot, Soulflayer, 4f Gear train in SSR and 4f gears in Bhaflau Remnants.

  14. #1214
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,453
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    If I get to have 3 melee on a SSR run I'll put them all on the boss and just force Charm. I never have much trouble curing with just RDM + BRD either.

  15. #1215
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    If I get to have 3 melee on a SSR run I'll put them all on the boss and just force Charm. I never have much trouble curing with just RDM + BRD either.
    Same. It's usually BLU for us. We have a really pimped out BLU with a Hofud working on his mythic and he's slashed our chariot boss times to under 4 minutes. On LAC we don't worry about more than 3 brainjacks if he's there on BLU. He's one of our strongest 7ths.

    BLU isn't a great job for any real DoT since that's linked to magic, so you still need the typical double frontline (in our case 2 monks) with a thf brd whm rdm in the backline. However if you can give a BLU the cells, the floor resets for Hp and MP along with all the drinks, make blu a phenomenal burst DD that slashes time spent on NMs.

    He's also a max merited very well equipped Red Mage, which tends to be his job unless we can make up the Red Mage somewhere else, so we don't always get this luxury, but when we do, it's pretty convenient.

  16. #1216
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    692
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    You can kite like this everywhere btw. Even in narrow corridors or small spaces like 5F Madame you'll never be hit if you kite like that. Even as WHM I don't even get hit on 5F Frog with everyone charmed.
    How do you do this? The hallway leading into the room? Every time I've tried kiting I get face raped within seconds, but I'm also not expecting it.

  17. #1217
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post
    How do you do this? The hallway leading into the room? Every time I've tried kiting I get face raped within seconds, but I'm also not expecting it.
    I think he means the four corners of the room. We've kited Madames around that tiny room on 5F with few problems short of something retarded like Breakga or Thundaga3.

  18. #1218
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    You can kite it outside the room too, which actually makes it easier. Otherwise you can be unlucky with spells from Madame. Its easier if you kite around the room, then out in to the corridor behind the pillars. then cross over to the other side near the doorway at the top of the stairs, down again and into the room. Rinse and repeat.

  19. #1219
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Whenever we bring a 7th it always ends up being a 3rd monk (just because of the jobs we have and how people are pigeon holed to try and maintain the highest standard we can). We have tried putting a 3rd melee on chariots and it just doesn't seem worth it because of the rate at which it will use tp. Each to their own but I've always found less is more when it comes to chariots, especially on LAC because it makes for less confusion on who its chasing and less people to cure.

    That said we've had 8 on a run before and with 2 mnks, a sam and 2 rdms zerging LBC down in 2 or 3 minutes which is always fun to do.
    We have always used 3 melee on the Chariot even with 6 people. If it's really needed we will pull someone off but that hardly happens anymore.

    Assigned healing helps a ton for the bosses. Prevents wasted MP.

  20. #1220
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    The only boss I've found 3 melees to be a problem on is, for some reason, Arrapago. For all others I prefer 3 melees. Usually have me as WHM taking care of main melee and 3rd melee, with the RDM taking care of second melee.

    Then again, we typically use MNK MNK SAM RDM BRD WHM, unless we replace the SAM with a MNK, depends on who we have. So MP really isn't an issue, especially with SCH sub.
    I am usually the main MNK for our runs and I have moved myself down to third melee position on all runs including Arrapago.

    The item chest at the start has basically removed almost all requirements to have a MNK in Salvage.

    And do you not bring a THF? THF and BRD are two required jobs for us, we won't even start a run without them.

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1476
    Last Post: 2009-08-14, 14:53
  2. Silver Sea Remnants Boss: Reassurance
    By Kohan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-09-26, 19:32
  3. Any new Silver Seas theories?
    By Croaker in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2008-05-27, 13:48
  4. silver sea remnants boss
    By parabola04 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2008-04-15, 14:55
  5. Silver Sea Remnants Time Markers
    By Gaea in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-03-15, 07:23
  6. Silver Sea Remnants NM: Powderkeg Yanadahn
    By Francisco II in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-06-27, 18:29
  7. Salvage: Silver Sea Remnants
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 2007-05-07, 15:39
  8. Salvage:Zhayolm Remnants
    By Leonien in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-23, 18:29