You have to kill the first 2 ramparts before popping the next 2.Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
You have to kill the first 2 ramparts before popping the next 2.Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
Perhaps I should clarify: Ying Yang the ramparts (particularly the second pair) with their reinforcements, not with each other.Originally Posted by Julian
Someone has probably already tested this, but the sixth floor Treasure Hunters have to follow some pattern; Salvage is all about pattern.
The Third and Fourth floor Qiqirns are up, no matter what, when you reach that floor.
The Second and Fifth Astrologers exist, but there are no others in the dats.
The Chariot drops items that aren't Head/Body.
Bhoot/Psyche cannot be hit in the same run, but are up with no conditions to pop.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... You get 2 chances at Astrologer, 2 at Treasure Hunter, 2 Head NMs but can only pick 1, and 1 at Chariot.
Anyone tried skipping all the NMs and just reaching the last floor, ignoring the two Treasure Hunters to see if they exist on the sixth floor then?
If someone has already tried this, please forgive my nabbery. But if there really does exist 2 Treasure Hunters on the last floor and it's not a Rampart summon (Bhaflau), not a timed spawn (Zhayolm) or requires various conditions to be met before the NM pops (SilverSea), Arrapago's NMs are just there.
actually, I was thinking about the 6th floor qq's and had a question.
3rd floor TH, 4th floor TH, 5th floor Astrolager + chariot all require the door to be opened in order to spawn the NMs. Does 2nd floor QQ follow this pattern? (a little harder to test since you cant see it without opening the door, but could widescan I suppose) which would on the 6th floor to need door to be opened to spawn those QQs. The only NMs in this zone with armor that don't follow this are psyche and bhoot.
QQs don't show up on widescan til door is opened.
Except for the 2nd floor one.Originally Posted by nsx
do u try this theory in your next run @_@?Originally Posted by Neosutra
Originally Posted by kenwongf11
Next run is sat. We will see. Doubt it though lol.
Noticed something on tonight's run, seems kinda unimportant but first time I've noticed it:
The Seasonal Treants on the 6th floor, the reinforcement ones, seems to reflect the actual seasons of Vana'Diel. I noticed how the leaves were pink instead or orange, and commented on it... both ramparts popped pink colored ones, so I checked /clock and it was April: spring.
Doubt it has anything to do with 6th floor TH but who knows, decided to post it anyway.
Tonight's run gave us fucking whm hands =/
How long vanadiel season last? I never really paid attention to the calendar
30 V' days per V' month, 25 days per earth day, so 1.2 RL days per V' month.
Ive noticed the season thing. Different trees drop different stuff, like the spring (pink) one dropping INT. I think the red drop str and the leafless ones drop dex/agi.
Hmmm, our group of 6 have done this zone several times now. We are fine doing the QQ NM's but havn't tried for the boss yet or the other NM's. I was wondering at what point most of you stop collecting cells on the 1st floor. Our luck is just REALY bad, or the cells drop rate is totaly stupid lol. We killed 12 lamia to get 4 magic cells, and only ended up with 2 more ability after the starting chest. I understand the different kinds of lamia drop different cells, and i know which to expect what drops from. But should we just cut our losses on the first floor and just go to the second? Hope for beter luck there? We spend 35 min just getting 2 more magic, and 2 more ability before moving up floors, does that seem like relay bad luck?
Does anyone else have this much trouble with cell drops on the first floor? or should we spend less time on it and just go up to the second floor?
I try to keep the cut off at around 30 minutes on the first floor, less if you get lucky. Melee won't need magic until the 4th floor, assuming you are doing Bhoot or Soulflayer NM, and the regular Bhoots and Soul Flayers drop magic and ability pretty often.
My group of 9-12 usually just clear the SE wing, and depending on our luck, a few in NE. Usually takes 20 min at the most maybe (I don't remember the exact time, was like 3-4 weeks ago I did Arrapago last, right after June update). This usually gets the MNK's the HP cells they need. You really don't need... Actually, I'd say you shouldn't, farm magic and ability on first floor. Just kill the Lamias in the way and get the magic/ability they drop. Zone down SE and kill the lamias, and you most likely won't need any HP, but at the rare occasion you do, kill a few skeletons. At this time we're usually at about 30 min at the most inside when we get off the second floor? You won't be able to get any health cells past 3rd floor, and the skeletons on third floor have more dangerous AoE attacks then the second and first floor skeletons, so personally I think its better getting a few HP for your MNK's on the first/second floor and focus on unlocking magic for your MNK/NIN on 4th.
Reason is, you really don't need that many magic cells the first few floors since most things are really weak. Besides, the Bhoot/Soulflayer on 4th floor drops magic and ability like 50% of the time, so getting magic and ability unlocked at this time is really easy. Besides, you still have a chance at getting magic/ability from the Lamias on 3rd floor aswell.
If you're really hurting for weapons, you can always farm a few Qutrubs on third floor aswell. They're rather squishy =/
Usually have no problem killing second floor astrologer, third + 4th floor treasure hunter, 4th floor bhoot/soulflayer, 5th floor astrologer and chariot. Haven't made a boss attempt yet since the drops are still unknown from Zhayolm, though.
With 6, we usually go with something along the lines of MNK THF DRK WHM RDM BRD.
We'll do the first floor until we get:
- Magic for WHM, RDM, BRD, and DRK if an extra drops.
- MP for WHM, RDM, and DRK if an extra drops.
- Abilities for MNK, THF, DRK, and RDM if an extra drops.
- Ranged for THF, BRD.
- We used to kill Qutrubs until THF got weapon, and MNK got head cell, but now we usually just kill the 3 in the first room and get weapon from QQTH & head cells from Migrant Russula if none drop on 1F. (A head cell usually drops in those 3 Qutrubs though.)
- We kill Skeletons in SE until we get 2-3 HP cells for the melee, then port up.
Often, if we don't have our HP cells by about 25-30min on 1F we'll just port up and kill the 2F ones, then 3F ones on the way to clearing path (first 3 rooms) for QQTH 3F(N). Otherwise we only pull mobs on 2F for TP, usually 2 skeletons.
Wrong, all Ramparts in this zone drop HP (at a pretty decent rate)Originally Posted by Uzor
And personally I prefer farming HP just in the 3rd floor, killing only aggros/stuff in hall with Lamias in the 1st/2nd floors. Need those 3rd floor rooms cleared anyway for the QQ.
Made up a theory for the 6th Floor QQTHs - maybe if you let the otehr two QQTHs stay alive and totally ignore them they will reapear on floor 6 with a higher droprate!
I dont think anyone ever ignored them up to this point because everyone needs to coats. Of course I dont think anyone actually wants to test this![]()
Forgot those >.< We just usually kill them for hands, not for HPOriginally Posted by Julian
You only get 6 chances at HP from Skeletons if you do that. I dunno about you guys but QQTH likes to hit us, and hit us hard. I like to try and get HP for our melees before we fight him. I've gone 10-15 Skeletons without HP before (including all 2F and 3F ones, which is 12?). I like avoiding ramparts personally, just because we always seem to get 2 Reinforcement summons every time.Originally Posted by Julian