Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1477
  1. #681
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    172
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    maybe it's something really simple like a minimum # of mobs killed before the last 2 seasonal tree ramparts are defeated?

    all of the runs that get them to pop seem like kill count was really high

  2. #682
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Did you kill the crabs on floor 4?

    Regarding the weather - I've seen wind weather in Bhaflau Remnants (which occurs in thickets), water weather in Arrapago (which occurs in Mire/Reef... has anyone noticed dark/ice weather?) ... has anyone seen Earth/Fire(?) weather in Zhayolm Remnants or Wind(?... boat ride?) weather in SSR?

    And can anyone confirm that the Weather in Bhaflau directly translates to weather in Bhaflau Remnants, and so forth?
    There's Earth weather in Zhayolm, and Wind weather in Bhaflau.

    Don't remember ever seeing Fire, though. Today my group were trying to kill both ramparts on 6th floor Zhayom during Earth weather. Sadly, it disappeared 1 sec before we killed second chariot, so I couldn't verify if that would have popped the madame =/

  3. #683
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    fire weather is very rare in zhayolm, but it does happen. i dont think i've ever seen a fire elemental there though

  4. #684
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    1. Time on each floor?
    2. Jobs you had ... cause fucking christ at clearing all that and then killing the chariot in under 30 seconds...
    I didn't record exact times because I highly doubt it has an effect on whether they pop (and I was too busy passing/lotting shit all night lol).

    We had MNK MNK WAR BRD WHM RDM BLM BLM THF.

    One thing to note is that they always give magic cell to WHM > BRD > RDM, even in Arrapago and even when only 1 drops. I doubt this speeds up the run but I find it interesting. (They = my JP group who this was with)

    Just to clarify, I said we killed the 5F chariot in under 30 seconds, not that hard with a Great Axe WAR who mighty strikes with a Dusty Wing, and 2 MNKs Hundred Fisting with multiple drinks including Barb drink. 2 BLMs spamming nukes helps also. It only has what, 15k HP?

    edit: no KC.

    My group does magic Rdm -> brd -> whm. Phalanx II is really REALLY nice and makes it so the rdm can main heal everyone just fine AND dispel/sleep. We just make sure rdm dispels ice spikes at start for no paralyna and then the brd dispels when he pulls once he has magic.

    As for the chariot, I could see you killing it that fast if you all 2 houred, jsut assumed you saved 2 hours for the last % of the boss (I always save 2 hours just incase we are running low on time).

    I guess I just need to bring more melees. My group currently consists of (for arrapogga farming):

    rdm whm brd blm mnk nin thf rng

    So thats not much damage at start, and not much damage at all I guess even when everyone is geared up. Another mnk + war would probably help alot to get us to the kill numbers you guys seem to be putting out.

  5. #685
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosis
    I do the same for my runs, Whm > Bard > Rdm for magic. Brd helps so much on the first floor it literally feels like you double your damage.

    Also you didn't answer the previous poster. On the 4F did you kill the Ramparts and crabs/mushrooms in the small room?
    Actually, it was answered in my first post describing my run. Reread the 4F part.

  6. #686
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizrow
    So I was just going through the number of mobs they killed and type on the 3 QQTHs pops and one no pop.


    Code:
           MOB             POP     POP    POP     NO
    Demonic_Pugil           1       0      1       1
    Devil_Manta             2       3      2       3
    Nipper                  4       4      4       4
    Orobon                  0       1      0       0
    Sabotender_Maestro     1        1      1       1
    Seasonal_Treant        1        2      1       2
    Reinforecements killed that got 6f to pop:
    9 11 9
    the one run that didnt get 6f to pop had 11 killed
    the difference between the 11 reinforcements that got it to pop vs the one that didndt:
    an orobon popped on the successful run, and a devil manta popped on the unsuccessful run, however devil mantas have popped on the 9 rampart runs which popped the 6f.

  7. #687
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Which door did they unlock on 1st floor in those 4 runs? It's obvious 3rd floor was south here tho.

    Also, where did they kill the 3 soulflayer? 2 on 3rd floor and the Big Soulflayer?

  8. #688
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Which door did they unlock on 1st floor in those 4 runs? It's obvious 3rd floor was south here tho.

    Also, where did they kill the 3 soulflayer? 2 on 3rd floor and the Big Soulflayer?
    shrug, go check a couple posts back. the guy i quoted made a compilation of all of the JP runs.

  9. #689
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    I did before asking, but didn't find anything related to the teleport they used.

  10. #690
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    546
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Which door did they unlock on 1st floor in those 4 runs? It's obvious 3rd floor was south here tho.

    Also, where did they kill the 3 soulflayer? 2 on 3rd floor and the Big Soulflayer?
    Yes.

  11. #691
    Genoslut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,849
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    fuck if I'm killing all the gears on the 4th floor.

    I'm testing Ramparts only. And of course the gears on 5th and 6th, but fuck those 4th floor gears.

    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Got screwed tonight because I didn't know the damn sabotender hit that hard. -.-

  12. #692
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    fuck if I'm killing all the gears on the 4th floor.

    I'm testing Ramparts only. And of course the gears on 5th and 6th, but fuck those 4th floor gears.

    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Got screwed tonight because I didn't know the damn sabotender hit that hard. -.-
    You do know there is only 7 gears on 4F right? That's a total of 3.5 minutes max lol.

  13. #693
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    As for the chariot, I could see you killing it that fast if you all 2 houred, jsut assumed you saved 2 hours for the last % of the boss (I always save 2 hours just incase we are running low on time).
    Well, to be honest, you'll be at about the same time, maybe slightly less time, if you 2-hour on the boss Whether you 2-hour the chariot or not, you'll still have 30 min to do chariot and boss, assuming you engage the chariot on 30 min mark.

  14. #694
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    312
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Well, out of complete random speculation and conjecture, we tried leaving up all the chests that dropped on floor 6 in hopes of attracting THes. (I know, this sounds fucking dumb, but both of the TH pictures have what look to be freshly opened chests, so we figured it was worth a shot.) Well, someone opened a chest before I got this bright idea, so we couldn't get the best test possible, but with 3 chests up on the floor after clearing the main room, nothing popped. We're going to try this again next time, hopefully with less accidental chest popping.


    Also, Water weather was in effect on floor 3, and the trees that popped were winter-class.

  15. #695
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Millael
    Well, out of complete random speculation and conjecture, we tried leaving up all the chests that dropped on floor 6 in hopes of attracting THes. (I know, this sounds fucking dumb, but both of the TH pictures have what look to be freshly opened chests, so we figured it was worth a shot.) Well, someone opened a chest before I got this bright idea, so we couldn't get the best test possible, but with 3 chests up on the floor after clearing the main room, nothing popped. We're going to try this again next time, hopefully with less accidental chest popping.


    Also, Water weather was in effect on floor 3, and the trees that popped were winter-class.
    I opened every single chest in the run when I popped them last night. Took lotsa things out of them too.

  16. #696
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    A treasure chest trigger could be interesting, but I doubt any of those group left a chest unopened. Doubt they emptied any too.
    Maybe you need to pop a certain # of chest total? Killing everything would increase the probability to reach that number and this is why those run popped it?


    About first floor rampart, is there any way to tell what trigger it? Maybe it's possible to tell which one based on the loot in the chest. I don't have any rng in my run to widescan, but I'm kinda interested to know if there is pattern, to avoid wasting time running back.

  17. #697
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    About first floor rampart, is there any way to tell what trigger it? Maybe it's possible to tell which one based on the loot in the chest. I don't have any rng in my run to widescan, but I'm kinda interested to know if there is pattern, to avoid wasting time running back.
    A certain lamia on the first floor will pop the Rampart on 1f.

  18. #698
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    About first floor rampart, is there any way to tell what trigger it? Maybe it's possible to tell which one based on the loot in the chest. I don't have any rng in my run to widescan, but I'm kinda interested to know if there is pattern, to avoid wasting time running back.
    A certain lamia on the first floor will pop the Rampart on 1f.
    And that certain lamia will always be random from my understanding. If you bring any BLMs just leave them where it pops to keep watch.

  19. #699
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    200
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    About first floor rampart, is there any way to tell what trigger it? Maybe it's possible to tell which one based on the loot in the chest. I don't have any rng in my run to widescan, but I'm kinda interested to know if there is pattern, to avoid wasting time running back.
    A certain lamia on the first floor will pop the Rampart on 1f.
    And that certain lamia will always be random from my understanding. If you bring any BLMs just leave them where it pops to keep watch.
    I've gone a few times with a JP group that claims the rampart pops after 10 lamia die. It has happened as they predicted each time. Does anyone have information to contradict that theory?

  20. #700
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,016
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mackerel
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    About first floor rampart, is there any way to tell what trigger it? Maybe it's possible to tell which one based on the loot in the chest. I don't have any rng in my run to widescan, but I'm kinda interested to know if there is pattern, to avoid wasting time running back.
    A certain lamia on the first floor will pop the Rampart on 1f.
    And that certain lamia will always be random from my understanding. If you bring any BLMs just leave them where it pops to keep watch.
    I've gone a few times with a JP group that claims the rampart pops after 10 lamia die. It has happened as they predicted each time. Does anyone have information to contradict that theory?
    Seems fairly in line with my experience actually. I was always skeptical about the random lamia thing because nobody had ever seen a rampart pop with like 2 or 3 lamia killed. But every time I've ever popped it, it's always during the time when we're clearing the 3rd wing.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salvage: Zhayolm Remnants
    By Tyche in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2739
    Last Post: 2010-09-02, 16:36
  2. Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants - thread2
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1677
    Last Post: 2010-04-25, 03:03
  3. Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1473
    Last Post: 2010-01-15, 23:49
  4. Soloing Arrapago Remnants QQTHs & QQAs
    By Kris in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 2008-01-02, 23:25
  5. Salvage: Arrapago Remnants
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1032
    Last Post: 2007-05-07, 15:37
  6. Salvage: Bhaflau Remnants
    By NynJa in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1173
    Last Post: 2007-05-06, 11:22
  7. Salvage:Zhayolm Remnants
    By Leonien in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-23, 18:29