Can anyone else confirm/deny this? Hadn't ever heard this before, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility...Originally Posted by Shassira
Can anyone else confirm/deny this? Hadn't ever heard this before, but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility...Originally Posted by Shassira
(searches logs)
Nope, I've never seen Perdition more than once per fight either.
Has anyone ever seen the NQ bhoots use it?
so i just low manned deviate bhoot "for fun" while farming for macha's coats. Basically just grav>bio III>poison II>deagro. What I'm wondering is I actually want the drop from Psycheflayer, has anyone tried this technique on Psycheflayer? It'd be great if I could solo/duo him using the same strategy.
edit: how rare is the 35 drop from bhoot/flayer? Is it comparable to the archaic chariot here, or 35s in SSR?
Perdition can happen more than once. Happened twice to my group so far. Rare but not impossible.
Nowadays, we just pack a RDM/DRK and CS Stun it while everyone else whacks it. ~70-80% off in 1 CS Stun makes it easy.
Bhoot is easy. Just have one of your melee save tp for smash axe/shoulder tackle/hobaku. Ice carol and barblizzar make this fight a joke (most spell will hit for 200dmg).
Subbing drk to rdm is ridiculous in salvalge. Not only do you have to farm another sub at this point to unlock your rdm, he wont have paralyna or erase on the higher floor.
I'll answer my own question for curious people in the future who use the search function. He can be low manned kiting style with Bio III, ninjitsu, and disseverment poison. He is susceptible to gravity and I only used bind in emergencies so I did not see a resist. We ended up low on time and trying to zerg him a bit so we lost. But if we would not have made mistakes earlier in the run, agroing flayers otw up, and THF would have not failed SJ steal I think it would have been an easy win. We were using RDM, NIN, BLU, dual box THF for THer. I think next time if blu has SJ we might even try to straight tank it until I (RDM) am out of mps then kite temporarily. We were not able to de-agro this one like the bhoot, although we didn't try as hard.
Can anyone let me know how the drop rate is on Flayer/Bhoot? Are they comparable to Arrapago's archaic chariot, or SSR 35's?
I'm guessing thats the same for soul flayer with aga3 and aoe dispel (Pretty quick Tp move tho)? (There are two people wanting crown but not really high on the list of things to get)
I've used the stun ws static on frogs and it worked well there, 1 stun that didnt go though but wasnt any kill on time really.
What does Perdition do? I always do the Psychelfayer path.
Insta-Kill TP move whoever it hits, Crizto.
How long is charge-up time on Perdition? Only seen it in Besieged, and that's not the best place to judge lol
Usually don't see more than one per fight.
Bhoot has fast cast so you need to have one person only focus on stunning it. But it's not hard to stun.
Tonight I am leading my first Arra run and wanted to ask you all a few questions. I have been once with a veteran group and it went well so I know how to kill the qiqirns, but what I wasn't paying attention to was the farming.
What I am wondering is how much time we should spend farming on the first floor, and also if we should avoid the Qutrubs and go for the Lamias more. I either want to farm the NW or SW quadrant so we can get as many ability and magic as possible before doing the 1st Astrologer. Thanks for any feedback on this issue.
I have seen it Perdition more than once in a fight, so this is wrong. I have seen many fights where it hasn't tried to use Perdition at all. I would guess that it just isn't a high percentage TP move.
The Bhoot is actually very easy to deal with because it doesn't use nasty moves all that often, and stun WS moves are very effective against it.
I have never seen a stun WS not work on perdition. That includes Smash Axe, Hoboku and Shoulder Tackle. We usually just have our tank fight it like normal and the other two DD store TP for stun WS. I think in all our times killing it we have had only one -ga III get through without being stunned by a WS (and the WS was late so it might have just been timing).
First floor should take no longer than 30-35 min to farm up. What my group usually does is completely farm the NW wing of Qutrubs, then we go and farm 2 of the easy to pull Lamia's in the SW wing before going to the NE wing to farm skeletons. I think there is another easy pull Lamia in the start of the SE wing which we get as well. We only skip Qutrubs in the SW and SE wing because we only pull the Lamias there that are easy to pull.
You can also go back for the rampart at the start before you port up for a chance of hands cells from the Cactus.
Around 30mins is a good time for first floor I think. Times can vary if you want to try and do boss or just farm NM's or if your getting screwed on cells. But 30mins is probably a good standard amount.
Skipping the qutrubs is a good idea sometimes. It sorted depends on what cells you are getting and the amount you need. Same thing with lamia. I dont think theres any sort of concrete strategy on what to farm on first floor in Arrapago, because unlike other zones - cell drops vary by alot at times in AR and you just need to react to what your given and know what you need to progress. Sometimes it will take you awhile to get weapons for instance so you need to kill more Qutrubs than usual. If you dont need cells its best to avoid them.
Its a good idea to just pull the inside qutrubs (if you know what i mean) within the rooms rather than s/i everytime you want to avoid them because its just as fast to kill 1 then it is to s/i your entire group. However it is good to s/i if you need to avoid a large quantity of mobs (like if you want to go NW > SW > NE > SW).
One thing you could do since your new to leading the zone is to write down JA/Magic/Weapon cell list on a piece of paper and cross off people off the list when they get what they need. Helps to print off a map of the JA/Magic lamia as well if your unfamiliar with where there located. After you do it a couple times you will inherently know what mobs drop what cells and what you need.
For the first floor the important thing to remember is that there appears to be some correlation between the wings and the mobs killed. This is just speculation on my part, but I believe it is noticeable so it's worth keeping in mind. Clearing NW increases SW drops, clearing at least part of SW increases at least some of East drops. I can't give you an iron rule here, but good farming on the first floor makes the rest of the zone much easier.
First floor, kill all of the NW wing mobs, then depending on how many weapons and heads you need kill a few more Qutrub and Lamia into SW wing. I would suggest that you kill all of the Qutrub in the first SW room at least, then pull the Lamia in the hall to the South and the next Lamia from the room to the South. Clear the SE wing, all of it because the bones can drop STR cells. Zone up SE. (NE Lamia all drop the same Ranged/Magic combo, SE has more variety so unless you are very heavily RNG or BLM dependent, then SE is the better path).
Second floor, depending on what you still need pull at least one Lamia, and Store TP. Gank the QQA and zone up.
Third floor, unless you still need something from Qutrubs or Lamia, skip the first two rooms (probably want people to bring Sneak and Invis items to speed things). If you are going North kill the Ghosts in the third room and out into the main room until you have the rings and VIT you need. Good Lamia drops from the Icedancers here too. When you have what you need head to the QQTH room. Fight it until it runs, then have everyone run to the north side of the room where there is a door arch and stand there. If everyone gets up there in time, it will head back. Keep it targeted to make sure it comes back, rinse and repeat until dead and zone up. If anyone is too far away from the door arch it can keep running and you might as well zone up if it does that. For the South side, it's basically just the samething, just be careful of the Soulflayers because they are true sight.
Fourth floor. Kill gears for subjobs (always clear the first room and usually the second room). Pull the Bhoot or Soulflayer, have your tank deal with it normally, but have your other two DD (I would limit it to three DD on these NM) store TP for WS Stun. Kill the QQTH and then zone up.
Fifth floor. In general just kill everything on the way to the big room. Things to note, don't forget to kill the gear that leads to the QQA room (It has a glitch in it's pathing that makes it so that you can not do anything to it when it is at the top of the stairs), and if you are on the North side make sure you let the Rampart spawn a Mandy for CHR. In the big room kill the gear and gears while you send someone with Sneak to open the door to the portal. Kill Archaic Rampart, back track and kill QQA. Have your BRD Soul Voice if they can and port up. (Another Note: Some people will tell you to send someone ahead to open the door while you are still clearing to the big room, but for a newer group, it is just as easy to do it this way instead of risking newer people getting aggro and having to deal with that).
Sixth floor, pick a camp (but don't camp in the center, your mages will aggro everything) and start killing. You probably want your THF to be pulling but the BRD can help. When you pull a Archaic Rampart have a melee two hour it to try to prevent it from spawning a tree. My best suggestion here is to pace the pulls, always have a mob at camp ready, but don't overpull or you can get overwhelmed really quickly. Clearing in 7 minutes really isn't that hard, we have done it with 6 people without Soul Voice with no tree pops, and with 6 people with Soul Voice and two tree pops. Kill the QQTH, then zone up and kill the boss.
Thanks for the feedback, from the maps on the Wiki it looks like no matter which port you take up to the 2nd floor you're in a room full of mobs. I don't really recall how big those rooms are, but the maps make it look like the mobs are right there when you port up. Is there any danger when you tele up?
Edit: Ring I also wanted to ask if the Archaic Chariot on the 5th floor links with any of the gears/ramparts. We plan to take him out, and that is probably as far as we will get for this run. TY
The Chariot does link with gears, but they have a very short linking range.