Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tales of the Abyss

At the end of the game pretty much. I will admit.. this game is a lot better than I expected. Though the story is very vague and somethings are annoying. It still left me pretty surprised. Anyone else enjoy this game? I searched it and didn't see a topic.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Tales of the Abyss

It was pretty good in overall. There was many scenes that were awkward or forced imo (ie: Guy and his phobia), and dialogue/Voice acting could have been better in many instances, but there was many other good scenes that made up for it.
    I thought luke was extremly annoying at first, but he got better later. Either way, Jade constant sarcasm made up for any flaws in other character.

Gameplay was okay, but too much useless backtracking

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I <3d it

Guy>Luke imo <.< Always used Guy, Tear, Natalia and Jade

I got an undubbed version, so I'll be going through a new game+ sometime this summer =D

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah undubbed version is nice. I just finished the game today.. after 110 hours of all the sidequests, story, and leveling up. I loved getting all of the costumes too. Luke looks great in Berserker, Viscount, and that.. Wild.. I already forgot, but it makes Luke look like a rockstar.

The ending.. I hated. You figure after almost 500 skits, hours of sidequests, 60+ hours of storyline to handle, that making a longer more detailed ending wouldn't really bother them much. What a piece of shit. Especially after all the stupid, ridiculous, tedious, unnecessary, explaining of the fonons, fontech, the score, yulia, lorelai, and the world around it. All the ending did was ensure the fact that the Tales series is still heading downward when it comes to storyline. Look at Legendia, Symphonia, Abyss, Rebirth. All terrible storyline. The battle systems have been improving, and it's safe to say Abyss reigns.

SO3 proved you don't even need a story to enjoy the game. This game is the same.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    SO3 proved you don't even need a story to enjoy the game. This game is the same.

SO3 had awesome story imo, was one of my favorite

It started off good, but the whole 4D thing killed it till it was dead.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Soooo true.

The ending was lame, I really hoped they would have put more into it, like a small look into the future and how the world is doing or something =/ The game is over-all very enjoyable, though

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I liked that plot twist, i cant say the execution was good tho (comming out of the screen and meeting the kid = wtf). Another scene that felt forced was the one with the OPA being the key to open the path. Anyway, beside those thing, I thought it was an original and interesting way to explain the "magic" in the universe.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Did you ever play SO1 or SO2?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

im playing this game on and off now, im only about 6 hours in. It seems pretty fun, but im totally lost when they start talking about the Fonons and stuff like that.

This is my second tales series game, I really liked Tales of Eternia (originally Tales of Destiny 2)

SO3 was such a great game. I will admit the 4D thing was a little weird and the fact that they were in a game made it a little weird but I got past that pretty fast. Ontop of that it had an awesome additional content such as bosses, dungeons and side quests.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    im playing this game on and off now, im only about 6 hours in. It seems pretty fun, but im totally lost when they start talking about the Fonons and stuff like that.

This is my second tales series game, I really liked Tales of Eternia (originally Tales of Destiny 2)

SO3 was such a great game. I will admit the 4D thing was a little weird and the fact that they were in a game made it a little weird but I got past that pretty fast. Ontop of that it had an awesome additional content such as bosses, dungeons and side quests.
    IIRC, It's real name is Tales of Eternia. It was released as Tales of Destiny 2 in the US for Marketing Reasons. The true Tales of Destiny 2 is a PS2 game where the lead character is the son of Rutee and Stahn. Takes place ~16/17? years after Tales of Destiny. Also my favorite Tales of * game too bad it never got released in the US.

As far as Star Ocean's go. Star Ocean 3 was defintly my least favorite. As incomplete as SO1 was it's my favorite. Fayt is a whiny bitch imho

Never questioned it as a game (gameplay wise). Just the story got stupid after that event.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Never questioned it as a game (gameplay wise). Just the story got stupid after that event.
    I have to agree. I never actually finished SO3 (Long story but short version is I more or less watched a friend play the entire game over a few days in my dorm room while I played FFXI or WoW :\ so I never felt the motivation to finish it... got like 3/4 of the way through it). That one plot twist just made us go wtf... the game was going pretty well then that occured and the story crashed.

About the only good thing about the game from that point on was the boss of the games quote "Data should remain as such"... liked that one for some reason

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Me? I played all 3 Star Ocean game. One was really weak imo (storywise). Get from point A to point B...a demon..wtf...ending already? When I reached the end, I thought I was halfway through.

I really liked StarOcean 2 and 3. None are my favorite game, but both were solid. I didnt like the ending in both case, but the story on the way was pretty interesting, with a few nice plot twist.

One of the problem I see with SO3 is how they presented 4D world and the Eternal Sphere game. There is contradicting infos between the dictionary entries and certain scense, but the concept work according to the bit of information they gave away. Eternal sphere isn't simply a computer program, but a man made controlled by computers. In a way, it's similar to creating an universe within a blackhole, and control it using a computer. It's science fiction, but the base of the concept work to some extent from a physics standpoint.

If you think of the character as binary data on a computer similar to our, it obviously sound lame/weak, but there is more to that.

As far as Star Ocean's go. Star Ocean 3 was defintly my least favorite. As incomplete as SO1 was it's my favorite. Fayt is a whiny bitch imho
    How is SO3 incomplete? I cant say the happy/philosophical was the best I've seen, they could have done something better, but the game was still complete. had many plot twist, character development and a conclusion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Me? I played all 3 Star Ocean game. One was really weak imo (storywise). Get from point A to point B...a demon..wtf...ending already? When I reached the end, I thought I was halfway through.

I really liked StarOcean 2 and 3. None are my favorite game, but both were solid. I didnt like the ending in both case, but the story on the way was pretty interesting, with a few nice plot twist.

One of the problem I see with SO3 is how they presented 4D world and the Eternal Sphere game. There is contradicting infos between the dictionary entries and certain scense, but the concept work according to the bit of information they gave away. Eternal sphere isn't simply a computer program, but a man made controlled by computers. In a way, it's similar to creating an universe within a blackhole, and control it using a computer. It's science fiction, but the base of the concept work to some extent from a physics standpoint.

If you think of the character as binary data on a computer similar to our, it obviously sound lame/weak, but there is more to that.

How is SO3 incomplete? I cant say the happy/philosophical was the best I've seen, they could have done something better, but the game was still complete. had many plot twist, character development and a conclusion.
    Did you read what I wrote? I said SO1, not SO3 was incomplete. The final dungeon was rushed; there was an entire planet left out [Either no designed or they could not fit it onto the cart; it's already the most compressed game ever made..]

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My bad, read it "as incomplete as SO1"

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Please make a SO3 thread if you are going to talk about it, this thread was meant for TotA...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

SO3 chat isn't preventing this thread from going back on topic. >_> If people have nothing to add, thread is just gonna die anyway.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tales of the Abyss was ok. The battle system was awesome, but the characters were ok. I only really liked Jade. Also, the constant backtracking and crap was just terrible, and I got lost so many times when they were just like "Go East", and I'd go east and never find where I needed to go, since I don't use guides...