Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 105 of 105

Thread: 100 Scythe - Omnislash     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #101
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    252
    BG Level
    4

    Re: 100 Scythe - Omnislash

    So I have a question, hoping someone can answer it. I'm working on upgrading my own relic scythe (self-funded is soooo slow ) and currently I'm getting moderately close to Bec de Faucon (have attestation <3 my dynamis LS). What I'm wondering is, do you get the haste effect off Catastrophe regardless of whether or not you have Apocalypse? Also, does the weaponskill perform the same - also drains target HP (this is hidden right? no message or anything?) with Bec de Faucon as it does with Apocalypse. Info is appreciated ^^ after seeing these vids I really am trying to push hard to come up with the gil to get this relic done as it's been my dream since I started FFXI.

  2. #102
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: 100 Scythe - Omnislash

    Bec de Faucon gives added effect Haste from the WS. It also drains just like Catastrophe from Apoc. Drain seemed to have been changed in the update and no longer does drains HP passed the max HP of the mob. Catastrophe drain works in the same way now. (It's not a hidden effect, but listed in the Weapon Skill description.)

  3. #103
    Xno
    Xno is offline
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    94
    BG Level
    2

    Re: 100 Scythe - Omnislash

    So I have a question, hoping someone can answer it. I'm working on upgrading my own relic scythe (self-funded is soooo slow ) and currently I'm getting moderately close to Bec de Faucon (have attestation <3 my dynamis LS). What I'm wondering is, do you get the haste effect off Catastrophe regardless of whether or not you have Apocalypse? Also, does the weaponskill perform the same - also drains target HP (this is hidden right? no message or anything?) with Bec de Faucon as it does with Apocalypse. Info is appreciated ^^ after seeing these vids I really am trying to push hard to come up with the gil to get this relic done as it's been my dream since I started FFXI.
    Bec de Faucon give Catastrophe , catastrophe isnt different from 4th or 5th , so yes you gonna drain HP ( 1/2~ almost everytime)

    As for the haste remaining after cata and removing apo , i dunno yet but its really easily testable : i do a cata on colibri , then remove it , and calculate the haste via recast time.

    now to return on the subject :

    95% haste is a theorical cap , in the video i get 94% haste , for the skeptical i done a longer video without brutal earring and without SE/BW resulting in 40 hits in 23 sec which is a 35 delay 93 haste~ : http://files.filefront.com//;7845420;;/
    its like KC with SV2march , theorically it should hit way more , but maybe because of lag , glitch etc.. its slightly slower

    For Catastrophe :
    I still dont undertsand whats happenned in my very first video i didnt do catastrophe and has a 60 delay ( 87-88 haste ), i need to check this again.

    Without Soul Voice , and the maximum haste available ( 22 ) + catastrophe , we can reach 92 haste% , we re 3% away from doing that huge amount of damage every 4min10, i do that with only 88% in 2 brd pt and its already fucking fun.

    For KC Vs Apo :
    acutally , there isnt a fight between this 2 since im going to use it like this :
    Catastrophe ( haste+10 for 60 sec) > LR ( haste 95) => TP300 very quick => Catastrophe with HP stuff ( drain new HP to full ) => switch KC > BW > SE
    thats a good 1min15-30 for zerging

  4. #104
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    659
    BG Level
    5

    Re: 100 Scythe - Omnislash

    Damnit, watching that vid and hearing the music all a sudden makes me want to do a quick run through FF3/6 on ZSNES >.>

  5. #105
    Xno
    Xno is offline
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    94
    BG Level
    2

    Re: 100 Scythe - Omnislash

    ^^

    hmm , just tested haste after removing apo :

    haste stuff : 0

    after doing a catastrophe , i remove it , i drain and the recast is 54sec ( 1min ), so haste stays no matter what.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6