Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    my 360 controller has never let me down for the PC. I got the triggers working, and it's the best USB controller i've ever had. hella-comfortable to the touch too, I don't mind it.

  2. #22
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldac
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    [img]wireless controller[/img]

    +

    [img]USB_PS_PSX_Player_Convertor[/img]

    Best way ever, control itself is just amazing for FFXI.
    Does it have any latency lag at all? Where it seems to take longer than normal to register button/movements compared to a keyboard or wired controller? I've always been weary of wireless.
    It's a 2.4ghz controller, I don't even believe it's possible for the human to see any lag at all, it's essentially instantaneous, great controller aside from the aforementioned d-pad issue, but either way, it's my primary PS2 controller. (screw cords)



    Shame to read the 3rd-party 360-controller drivers are not compatible with the wireless pads yet, just ordered me the wireless usb receiver for my PC today so I could make use of the two I got (and future wireless headsets), didn't know about the trigger issue with the official drivers. /sigh

  3. #23
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    375
    BG Level
    4

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexius

    Or just buy this and you don't have to worry about the adapter...
    http://techgage.com/article/ps3_logitec ... ontroller/
    Sorry for the semi-necro bump but this is directly related.

    So I took your advice and bought this. Just came in today. I tested it through windows already and obviously my PC recognizes everything perfectly. However, I tried a bunch of different stuff but I really dont know how to assign keys and movements to the controller. So far it does nothing. Any advice?

  4. #24
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    498
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    Run FFXI config and POL config.

    You have to enable the pad in both ><

  5. #25
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    Sorry for bumping this thread yet again, but does anyone know if it's possible to assign an axis to operate as a button in the config?

    Basically, as from what I can see here, it's impossible to mimic the 360 FFXI controls using a 360 controller on the PC due to the trigger buttons being used as a tug-of-war axis, as to which the FFXI gamepad config only allows you to assign buttons to game ...well, buttons.

  6. #26
    The Tower
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    Google for "JoyToKey"

  7. #27
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    292
    BG Level
    4

    Re: FFXI-PC + 360 (USB) Controllers

    http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/24hrs/l...h_netplay1.jpg

    Best controller to use. . . Too bad its discontinued and have to buy off of ebay :/ I use the Radioshack adapter personally
    They also have a 1 year life if used continuously before the analog sticks start to fail. I'm on my 4th and i bought an extra 5th >.>;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Where are FFXI macros saved in FFXI PC files
    By yoyo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-08-09, 09:58
  2. Technical Problem with USB controller
    By Eggroll in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-12-30, 08:57
  3. Remember that FFXI PC I won?
    By Totien in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2006-09-14, 16:20
  4. FFXI Xbox 360 Achievements Announced
    By camdon in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2006-04-15, 23:50