i am sure he has ice spikes and fast cast on the AoE IIIs , but by shell i ment the shell shield that roams around him.
i think its probebly has todo with killing the random monster. same like that marid spawns chigoe if u dont kill the random mob .
i am sure he has ice spikes and fast cast on the AoE IIIs , but by shell i ment the shell shield that roams around him.
i think its probebly has todo with killing the random monster. same like that marid spawns chigoe if u dont kill the random mob .
Any random mob does that, or only certain ones? (Such as the tiger)Originally Posted by donnie
i dont know for sure so i cannot confirm , but i think any mob that gives the message would effect , for us was a black bird that made marid not spawning chigoe , but i think if the mob drops a chest and no message , maybe the only help u get is the temp items.
In general , i think the random monster idea , wouldnt make a lose or win situation , it just make ur job easier to beat the mob .
We are still on Tier 1. We have beaten all 3 zones twice now (never any abj. dropped) and are probably going to have to clear them all another time to get everyone cleared.
![]()
Getting 36 people cleared for Odin is probably going to take dozens of wins instead of the theorectical 9.
So we did our first Tier II run this afternoon. Tried Helmwige's chamber with I believe 29 people.
Upon entry, we had a group of spiders (Gordavsr or something) and a group of slimes (Einherjar Brei) up as well as the soulflayer boss (Bahlran). Names are probably a little off and it's out of my chat log now so I can't go back and check. I think there were 12 mobs in each group.
Spiders weren't really a big deal, though Spider Web was annoying. After meleeing a couple of the slimes it was decided to let the BLMs nuke them to death since Fluid Spread hurt. I think everyone used Manafont to try and take them down as fast as possible and the last one died with just under 10 minutes left.
Somewhere during all the mayhem, the pink bird popped and was killed and dropped an item chest with those temporary items in it.
Boss seemed like a standard Soulflayer. Never tried to put Ice Spikes up for us. Loved to spam -ga III but didn't seem like a fast cast on it. Very easy to stun. Did the AoE dispel move once (I think it was called Reprobation). He put that magic shield up rather early so the BLMs just sat around and stunned the -ga spells and helped cure. Managed to kill it with one minute left with everyone using appropriate 2 hours. Nothing in the chest but soulflayer bits.
I thought when the shield is up, you cant even stun it ?Originally Posted by Ryphen
It's not your normal magic shield. Nukes just go down to 0 damage as opposed to "resisting" the spell entirely.
Nope, stun works perfectly fine with that shield up. I think you can even cast Carnage Elegy on it as well, but I wasn't watching specifically for it so I could be wrong.
We stunned every single one of his -ga III attempts and there had to be at least a dozen of them. He split between trying Thundaga, Blizzaga and Firaga.
is that all soulflayer shields, or just this one ??Originally Posted by Fryte
Soulflayer magic shield is like pot or Ultima magic shield. Any magic you cast on the target will give you a resist message, no matter if it's elemental/divine/enfeebling/dark.
Bard songs like Elegy or Finale still work though.
You're full of shit, I've never had any problems landing slow, para, dispel, etc. on soulflayers with immortal shield up.Originally Posted by Rai
Holy crap stop this retarded bitching.
Stun and other enfeebles were able to land on the soulflayer boss with its floating shield but all nukes did 0.
I stand corrected and get to belatedly bitch at my BLM and RDMs for not casting on it then.Originally Posted by Not Kuno
Your mom's full of shit.Originally Posted by fantasticdan
![]()
Is the magic shield of soulfalyers Finale-able?
I think the brds tried and it didnt come off but I dont know for sure.
And I dont know if the magic shield is that way for all soulflayers, but I know for sure the one in Ein tier2 let me and others stun and stuff.
There are two moves. Magic Shield, in which nukes do 0 damage but everything else can still land and a MDB Shield which is like 50% MDB but again, enfeebles and songs still land. Neither is dispelable or finalable.
All Soulflayers have these moves.
What the hell. The JP wiki got rid of its Tanngrisnir (what they claimed to be a karakul)/Audhumbla x6 (which they claimed to be rams which makes sense)/Waldgeist x12 (which they claimed to be saplings which also makes sense) reports. Now they report that Tanngrisnir is a dahak (red dragon). However, according to Wikipedia, "Tanngrisnir (one who has sparse teeth) and Tanngnjóstr (one who grinds his teeth) are a pair of magic goats" which makes a sheep/ram/karakul seem like a better choice. But then again, there have been odd choices for certain monsters. Maybe these strange reports were speculation or just talking out of their asses? Or are straaange things happening to wing 2? (Picture that last sentence like that Toy Story song.)
Helmwige's chamber:
First mob group: Slimes - Winebibber (fuck fluid spread) and Muninn pop and killed.
Second mob group: Skeletons - Rotting Huskarl - and boss Flayer - Balrahn -.
Second group popped as soon as the last slime was dead.
We wiped shortly after the 20ish skeletons raped us left and right. Someone also aggroed them upon pop so we had no chance to recuperate from slimes![]()
The Soulflayer's magic shield seems to be like stoneskin or sentinal. We got Soulflayer again and decided to test this theory out. It put up two shields and we made them disappear in about 20 seconds maybe alittle more. I believe this because all of the BLMs Thunder IV's weren't generally getting resisted and the last nuke that went off when the shield disappeared did 10 dmg Thunder IV. Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else.
I just want to brag and say that the magic shield being rampart was my ideaOriginally Posted by Tearshang
![]()