Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 218
  1. #161
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    wtf, are you drafting against camel turds? Whoever is in your league, tell them they're idiots. Please. From me.

    It's one thing to draft a solid, deep team amongst a group of people who know how to draft or do research, it's another thing to come out of the draft with that roster...
    Haha, I am not a camel turd and I might beat Welt this weekend for the pure fact that he started Chris Brown and LT didn't do shit this game. Wut wut

  2. #162
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    I made the brilliant decision to move Braylon Edwards out of my starting lineup in three different leagues on Saturday night. It will probably be the difference between winning and losing in two of them.

  3. #163
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    448
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    I'm looking to trade Maurice Jones-Drew. PM or email me with offers.

  4. #164
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,320
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Raise your hand if you feel like a tool for not starting jamal lewis

    .
    .
    .
    .

    yeah it was me

    Lucky I won this week or I'd be really pissed

  5. #165
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Here's a question:

    should I trade Adrian Peterson & CHris Brown for Willie Parker?

    This is in a keeper league where you can keep your players for 2 years

  6. #166
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Here's a question:

    should I trade Adrian Peterson & CHris Brown for Willie Parker?

    This is in a keeper league where you can keep your players for 2 years
    I sincerely hope you're joking about trading Peterson for anything in a keeper league.

  7. #167
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Well, the only reason it becomes considerable is because the kid I'm trading it to has Palmer, Bush, and Calvin Johnson, and he's extremely high on all three of them. So, high chances are he's going to go back into the pool next year. Chester Taylor is coming back, and I'm sitting at 0-2 (1-2 now). Parker was in my top 5 ranked RBs coming into the year, and his schedule is easy...one of his toughest games, Baltimore on the road, is week 17 (not included in our league). Otherwise, I'm a Minnesota fan, and I know, it'll hurt to give up AD.

  8. #168
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    At this point there's honestly not that much reason to believe Parker will outperform AD even the rest of this year, let alone the next few. He does play some tough d's, but only chicago has really shut down a quality rb, and barber outright embarrassed them.

  9. #169
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    seems AP is finding the endzone a lot more frequently than parker as well. parker is consistently putting up nice games, but fantasy wise hes getting outscored by a lot of other less talented RBs

  10. #170
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Barber's been going insane.

  11. #171
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Hey guys, I am considering of making a league that will feature defensive players as well. As in, almost the same amount of players on defense than on offense. The only downside to starting a new league now, is that it's week 4. Otherwise, I'm hoping at least 11 other people would be interested to join the league. Let me stress that I'm looking for competitive players who know their way around football -- not just limited to FFL and offenses.

    Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of expanding defensive players for this league to 6, or 7 -- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 flex. The exact positions aren't clear yet, but there will be multiple defensive players. If anyone is interested, you can PM, AIM, or reply.

  12. #172
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Hey guys, I am considering of making a league that will feature defensive players as well. As in, almost the same amount of players on defense than on offense. The only downside to starting a new league now, is that it's week 4. Otherwise, I'm hoping at least 11 other people would be interested to join the league. Let me stress that I'm looking for competitive players who know their way around football -- not just limited to FFL and offenses.

    Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of expanding defensive players for this league to 6, or 7 -- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 flex. The exact positions aren't clear yet, but there will be multiple defensive players. If anyone is interested, you can PM, AIM, or reply.
    Absolutely interested. I've always done leagues at work with defensive players. Count me in for sure.

  13. #173
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Defensive players are too unpredictable, it's fun just... for fun, but it's hard to distance yourself from the people that don't know what they're doing because a guy like a strong safety that has 15 tackles one week can play a hell of a game the next week and have his linebackers step up and suddenly get 2 solos and 5 assists or some shit.

  14. #174
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    actually, it's pretty much the same as offense. Really, there are a few stud players -- usually linebackers like Zach Thomas, Keith Bulluck -- at the positions, and then there are some FA acquisitions, like DeMeco Ryans who was stellar last year -- so it's really almost identical to offensive players. The only difference, is that everyone's stat categories are more or less the same -- you won't see a receiver really get passing yards, but every d-player has the chance really to get tackles/ffs/ints etc

    i personally love IDP leagues. It adds depth and makes the managerial process more complete, as opposed to just offense.

  15. #175
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    I'm playing in an IDP league right now, D, DL, DL, DB, DB in that order:

    Barret Ruud
    Landon Johnson
    Nick Barnett
    Jim Leonhard
    Madieu Williams


    All picked up the week after the draft and over the last couple weeks out of free agency because I slept through the draft and got a completely trash team.


    I'm 3-0 and in first place despite a very average team offensively because you can plug in anybody that gets a buncha tackles and cover the gap.

  16. #176
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    I need some advice on who to start as a #2 quarterback this week. Ive got Big Ben vs. Arizona and Rivers vs. KC to choose from. I cannot find a link or site that lists defense rankings, its probably right under my nose and I cant see it. Advice would be appreciated.

  17. #177
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Rivers v. KC. Against a tough GB defense, Rivers started 15/15. They're playing at home, with pretty much their playoff hopes on the line. 1-3 in the AFC won't really get you anywhere. Roethlisberger is almost always a guarantee for 14 points, but he's also rarely a guarantee for over 200 yards passing. I'd play Rivers without a doubt.

  18. #178
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Come on people, I need 6 more players for the IDP league. Camaaaaaaan

  19. #179
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,596
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    This week:
    5 bye weeks for various players of mine
    2 starters injured and likely out for the week

    I've already dropped 2 players to make room for this, and I still don't have a full roster.

  20. #180
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: Fantasy Football 2007-2008

    Which league are you in? The main one?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1471
    Last Post: 2010-01-05, 11:16
  2. fantasy football players video
    By Bartylby in forum Sports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2009-03-11, 17:16
  3. Fantasy Football Playoffs Thread
    By Brill Weave in forum Sports
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2008-12-28, 01:58
  4. Replies: 744
    Last Post: 2008-11-25, 13:38
  5. NCAA Football Season 2008(War Eagle)
    By Melchiah in forum Sports
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2008-08-23, 08:14
  6. Best Fantasy Football Website
    By Gatsby in forum Sports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2008-07-17, 16:03
  7. Replies: 1076
    Last Post: 2008-06-30, 19:06
  8. NCAA Basketball 2007-2008
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 722
    Last Post: 2008-04-09, 10:18
  9. Fantasy Football, anyone?
    By Tyr in forum Sports
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2006-09-05, 23:05