...it shortens the time an elemental will cast its random spells.OHAY I SHORTENED YOUR CASTING TIMES
unless you were ironic, lol
...it shortens the time an elemental will cast its random spells.OHAY I SHORTENED YOUR CASTING TIMES
unless you were ironic, lol
Isn't that for the spirits?Originally Posted by Carnusty
I think the only thing that shortens actual casting time is:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/images/...byBCDrops2.jpg
By like 1 sec :-\ good for solo I guess.
Curaga, yes, you'll be missing that, but in meripos, you don't really need -na spells all the time because the RDM should have /WHM. Reliable damage mitigation? Are you talking about Protect? Tell your melees to sub NIN, it removes the need to have a single tank thus removing the xp/hr. Oh, and PS, RDM has higher enhancing skill (higher damage mitigation on stoneskin).Originally Posted by Carnusty
Why are you showing me SMN spats? Aren't we talking about BRD subbing /RDM?
I was scared to quote incase it was a woosh, but they seriously need to fix the description on those pants
Originally Posted by Admo
Seeing as I'm probably going to cast more than 1 nuke and more than 1 song in the span of a minute, it seems pretty on par with how long it takes you and your avatar.
That's only for Spirits, not Avatars like Shiva etc...Originally Posted by Carnusty
WOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH!
You're fucking retarded.Originally Posted by Carnusty
Reliable damage mitigation when pulling, I meant. /NIN for that, if you're main pulling. BRDs get more mitigation from stoneskin stacking MND opposed to the few points more they'd get /RDM opposed to /WHM.Originally Posted by Admo
I showed the spats because 90% of the people on this forum bitching for SMN buffs in the update were bitching about casting timers on avatars. And since I know little about SMN, shows what I know about the pants, lol.
And why the fuck would spirits need shorter casting time...
You missed the point.Originally Posted by BRP
Do you honestly believe if changes were made to alter SMN mechanics, parties during the grind won't see a SMN and invite him/her to be a main healer?
Point is, finding a WHM is fucking hard for parties, no matter how good SMN may become, it won't suddenly STOP being good at main healing which in the end is MORE USEFUL.
Retarded because I looked on Wikipedia for gear...? Or retarded because I didn't level SMN to 75, get this drop from Dynamis-Windurst, and Wikipedia didn't have the fine print that this didn't affect -avatars- and not specifically -spirits-?Originally Posted by Jeryhn
OK, for one, I'm not a SMN, and two, reread what I posted and you posted. SMNs can only cast one buff a minute. A BRD can play 6-7 buffs. How is that "on par"?Originally Posted by Naygor
They shorten the duration of time it takes for a spirit to cast a spell, which is nice but the description is nowhere near accurate to what they actually doOriginally Posted by Carnusty
If SMN can take a BRD or COR or RDM's spot between the levels of 41-42 to 70 then the change has done it's job. Main healing SMN would still be an option, but now support DD would also be an acceptable option. What a SMN could do in a party would be decided on the backline. In any case, they would be better healers, as they will have transformed into healer/support, like those lovely RDM and BRD/WHM.Originally Posted by Sasarai
Ok, thanks for clearing that up, it makes sense now. Since it wasn't placed on the wikipedia or anything I had no clue what it meant, aside from player-casting.Originally Posted by Reapz
Also thanks for being civil instead of calling me retarded for something that wasn't even documented :D
Someone with a wiki account edit this![]()
The cool thing about that is that I probably don't want any of the smn's buffs.Originally Posted by Admo
Ok fine, that would be a good change.Originally Posted by BRP
Problem is, the SMN here are complaining about their DD capabilities, not their support.
So now we are comparing /RDM to /NIN? Yes, hands down, /NIN is the best for pulling in meripos, but /RDM isn't so terrible in comparison to a /WHM.Originally Posted by Carnusty
I was comparing /RDM to both /WHM and /NIN in my original statement. /RDM offers the least out of the choices BRD has between them all, thus it's useless and gimp, in my opinion.Originally Posted by Admo
"Terrible" or not, it's still a bad choice.
Because you tried being an ass trying to make a point, and it blew up in your face because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Yes, I'd say that's pretty retarded.Originally Posted by Carnusty
Spirits cast their magic on a timer based on summoning skill in relation to the skill cap, and the Summoner's Spats reduce the wait time by a fixed amount. Here's a guide on Spirit Info:
http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=149159
Make sure you have a clue next time.
This whole debate has been huge with multiple people on both sides with all a bit different opinions outside the basic "SMN should get more buffs / SMN shouldn't get more buffs".Originally Posted by Sasarai
I don't think SMN needs that much at all offensively, aside from better endurance(which really is more general if it was something like a JA that recovers MP, something BLM and WHM also need in some way or form) and perhaps SC+MB being boosted(which isn't job specific).