Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    ( o )( o )
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    121
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Just wanted to say do not always believe in bringing a THF for these 35 drops. My main ls group is 1/30 on Macha Coat, and yes this drop came with a THF4 in party. Recently I started a smaller salvage static group for a few farming runs a week, on our first Arrapago run...bam Macha drops on 3F QTH, we had no THF or /THF in party.

    Statistically significant data sample.

  2. #22
    The Tower
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    On something this aggravating, a significant data sample would probably be somewhere in the thousands range. At best guess, drop rate seems to be 3-5%, and not greatly swayed by TH.

  3. #23
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    190
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    As far as Qiqirn Treasure Hunter is concerned: My group used to SPAM Arrapago Remnants in attempts to get the final necessary drop for our leader's Morrigan's Robe. I can't honestly say how many of these damn weasels we killed; as I joined the shell midway through this process. If I had to narrow it down I'd have to put it somewhere between "a lot" and "hella".

    Forewarning: No noteworthy findings or data here--this is just what happened when our coat dropped.

    Normally I (RDM) Sneak + Invis and then head to our first Qiqirn Treasure Hunter. Pull with DoTs and send him running to the rest of the group. They beat on him. He runs back to me. I throw more DoTs. Repeat until dead. No drop. Ever.

    The ONE time we saw a drop we had a different puller go out because I was asked to show up as my BLU. The Qiqirn came to camp and I used Azure Lore + Magnetite Cloud in hopes of landing Gravity. I have no idea if this landed or not because the weasel never made literally any effort to run away. I had Azure up anyawys so I threw as many damage spells as I could. All our DD went nuts and we gunned the poor weasel down in a handful of seconds. Shockingly, a coat showed up! We were overjoyed.

    I'd LIKE to think that this is as simple as gunning the mob down ASAP for an improved droprate and the whole deal is overcoming the Qiqirn "Run away!" mechanic. In reality I'm sure that the planets just happened to allign at that precise moment and we'll never see a coat again.

  4. #24
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    303
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    On our last 10 QQTH fight we never let him run away to the startintg teleport, we just time nuke with ES x3-4 Burst2 then melee full attacking him.
    Worked like a charm for 10k ills with 0/48 drop rate ^^^^^^^^^^^^

  5. #25
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    After much looking into it - I've become either very superstitious about how 35s drop.
    Serioulsy all these numbers mean nothing. A given drop in salvage is nothing more ttan SE giving it a % to drop and thats it. It is the exact same as any other item in ffxi. I would never not farm a zone for 35s just cuz you cant bring a THF either, It may increase the % but very slightly. Recently I started a small salvage static aside from my main ls, and our 1st arrapago run..no thf or /thf, macha's coat dropped.

  6. #26
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Level 35 Drop Rates (Caution: More superstitions)

    Its possible certain conditions may increase drop rate if they are met... but there is no confirmed information or way to prove it lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Attestation Drop Rates
    By tumu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 2006-10-09, 23:14
  2. Ridill drop rate changed?
    By Rag in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 2006-08-24, 17:38
  3. Increased drop rate, or pure luck?
    By Empire in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2006-04-18, 17:11
  4. K Club drop rate
    By Lavo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2006-03-02, 18:21
  5. Sea Tier 2 Drop Rates & Prudence Glitch
    By Auronku in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 2006-02-15, 10:50
  6. Anyone notice a crazy drop rate on super rare items
    By Boxerz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2005-11-01, 16:48
  7. Swift Belt Drop Rate?
    By Warudo Ecksu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2005-10-28, 22:27
  8. Does Beastmen Control (region) affect drop rates?
    By Vanostek in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-09-28, 15:48
  9. Secret to Swift Belt drop rate?
    By Stanislav in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-09-19, 19:31