Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 683

Thread: Version Update 8/27/07     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #521
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,832
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Pit delayed. Who called it!

  2. #522
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Is it possible to search through the Nashmau data and find what that new NPC sells?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just added Iron/Steel bullets that will be far more expensive than buying from AH. >.>;

  3. #523
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    /fume @ Salvage bosses giving titles when they no longer hold the difficulty factor that salvage once had :\

  4. #524
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Looks like a great update! Nice hands for PUP and the new heads look very useful. We'll find out soon HOW useful...
    DRAIN AND ASPIR BITCH DRAIN AND ASPIR!

    Do you think the adjustments to Howling Fist and Dragon Kick mean they're good for PUP now? oh ho ho ho.

    And yeah definatly gonna macro in thos heads and hands for Ventriloqy.
    I can't see them messing with HF and DK for any other reason than Pup, hope it's noticable. Still expecting more pieces from that set though, a 2 piece set with a set bonus is just weird.

    Eh, I hope not. They're okay but not amazing, I wouldnt' want to carry 5 pieces of okay gear for a macro switch that I hardly use except for soloing. Plus the pieces for DRK and BLM with the Set_ Enhances Drain and Aspir, if that was a 5 piece set then it replaces some really goot dark magic+ and INT+ pieces that I would rather use instead unless the enhancement is incredible.

    The set for RNG is fantastic, together they're better than Scouts feet and Opt hat again if the R.Att is good.

    Edit: Fixed. lolquotes

  5. #525
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    227
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by underscore
    now that i think about it more, there's really only 3 gear differences between your sam/war and my war/sam.
    adaberk vs haub+1
    fire bomblet vs tiphia sting
    dusk gloves vs hachimankote+1

    and merit wise it would be:
    store tp vs DA merits
    meditate recast vs berserk recast
    +15%ws dmg on every ws vs. guaranteed double attack every 10 mins

    to searain: yes it was on colibri, he does have joyeuse but he seems to like axe/rid more for some reason. i'm tried to find a rid/joy user on sylph with adaberk and speed belt but couldn't so i just picked the next best thing
    If you are using Carbonara though then you are losing a lot of attack compared to Ruk's SAM/WAR who xps only with Red Curry. Even when I used Red Curry, at Mamool I couldn't average 1K with Metatron and that just puts me way to far behind Ruk who can average 1100 Kaiten's in the ideal party setup we use. I'll probably bring Bravura out from retirement to at least play with it for a while against Ruk and see how the changes measured up, especially with Raging Rush spam instead of Metatron.

  6. #526
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,461
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    /fume @ Salvage bosses giving titles when they no longer hold the difficulty factor that salvage once had :\
    Wonder what the armored chariot title will be?

  7. #527
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    Hagun is simply better, just mathematically. Think about it.

    You have 6 swings per WS (technically you should have less considering meditate, but lets go with 6). In those 6 swings you need to make up for the damage difference between Hagun & Onimaru on WS. Hagun adds an extra pDIF*.5*(D+WSC+fSTR). D=75, say you have an STR of 130, fSTR of 12, and an average pDIF of 1 (average). That's gonna be like, 85 extra damage per WS (more if pDIF is higher). And if your pDIF is one like discussed, you'll only see about an extra 7*6 + 7*1.5 damage done in each melee hit in the 6 hit TP gain and the WS, which only comes out to be about 52.5. Hagun is better.

    EDIT: Just for the record this fails to take into account the slightly lower delay that Onimaru has, it's attack, and ACC. But I think all 3 of those are negligable at best considering I didn't take into account the fact that you'll be WSing more than once every 6 hits on average due to meditate.

    EDIT2: It's obviously a different case for Soboro. I don't even want to get into the math there, especially post edit, soboro may be better. But Onimaru/Shinsoku DEFINITELY isn't.
    Way to much math o.~ You'd need to match up gear and fully factor out Shinsoku's and Onimaru's bonuses. Also merits (or none at all), GKT DoT, and buffs/def on mob. Factoring 6 swings (and WS shots) is awesome on paper, but you gotta include alot of outside factors as well. Outside of that, Soboro is just out there, lol.

    Btw, I don't play SAM much anymore, so I kindly sidestep a futher argument and let you win. D:

  8. #528
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Lhexh
    If you are using Carbonara though then you are losing a lot of attack compared to Ruk's SAM/WAR who xps only with Red Curry. Even when I used Red Curry, at Mamool I couldn't average 1K with Metatron and that just puts me way to far behind Ruk who can average 1100 Kaiten's in the ideal party setup we use. I'll probably bring Bravura out from retirement to at least play with it for a while against Ruk and see how the changes measured up, especially with Raging Rush spam instead of Metatron.
    Your acc/DA/overall melee DoT should be better though, and I think that this WS fix could open the possibility to average ~1k or higher with Raging Rush (if not Metatron). I think it'd be a fun comparison either way!

    I'm really anxious to see how significant the melee damage increase will be though. The idea of averaging 200 a swing makes me laugh...

  9. #529
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,828
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by residue
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    /fume @ Salvage bosses giving titles when they no longer hold the difficulty factor that salvage once had :\
    Wonder what the armored chariot title will be?
    Frog Boiler.

  10. #530
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    <_< they have charioteer titles

  11. #531
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Quote Originally Posted by residue
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    /fume @ Salvage bosses giving titles when they no longer hold the difficulty factor that salvage once had :\
    Wonder what the armored chariot title will be?
    Frog Boiler.
    rofl, I love it

  12. #532
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Lhexh
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore
    now that i think about it more, there's really only 3 gear differences between your sam/war and my war/sam.
    adaberk vs haub+1
    fire bomblet vs tiphia sting
    dusk gloves vs hachimankote+1

    and merit wise it would be:
    store tp vs DA merits
    meditate recast vs berserk recast
    +15%ws dmg on every ws vs. guaranteed double attack every 10 mins

    to searain: yes it was on colibri, he does have joyeuse but he seems to like axe/rid more for some reason. i tried to find a rid/joy user on sylph with adaberk and speed belt but couldn't so i just picked the next best thing
    If you are using Carbonara though then you are losing a lot of attack compared to Ruk's SAM/WAR who xps only with Red Curry. Even when I used Red Curry, at Mamool I couldn't average 1K with Metatron and that just puts me way to far behind Ruk who can average 1100 Kaiten's in the ideal party setup we use. I'll probably bring Bravura out from retirement to at least play with it for a while against Ruk and see how the changes measured up, especially with Raging Rush spam instead of Metatron.
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6948/relicue9.th.jpg
    the middle two were in mamool camps, my ws avg is right around 900 so it's not that much worse compared to kaiten

    the higher tp modifier on kaiten also has to do with him doing more dmg(3.00 kaiten vs 2.75 metatron)
    oh and dont forget the 18%def down(almost twice the effect of dia 2) added effect of metatron so you were helping his dmg out :d
    what kind of war merits do you have though? also if possible could you get his max attack with berserk/food/minuetx2, i run around with 730atk in my tp gear with those conditions using carbonara.

    also, your ws dmg suffers over time simply because you're not doing enough of them compared to a 6hit build. if you check my parses all of them have my overall dmg at least at 40% coming from wses.

  13. #533
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    499
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    - Two-handed weapons will now receive larger benefits from a character’s attributes, and will also inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense.
    This is what 2handed users should be focused on right now since the WS adjustments could be many things. That wording very strongly suggests that 2handed weapons will have their STR-VIT and ratio calculations adjusted to work more like they do for ranged attack. If its straight up the same as ranged from now on, that's quite significant, but even a step in that direction will help.

    For people that don't understand stats, using the ranged calculation here would be doubling the effect of high STR on your base DMG ("larger benefits from a character’s attributes") and cutting the attack/defense ratio level difference correction in half ("inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense"). If that's what they're doing, its a pretty damn big deal.

    As far as the weaponskill themselves go, it is speculation until we can log in and people test, but the list of WSs they posted doesn't really look like what it should be if their goal was to diminish the power of TP Bonus weapons, WSs like Steel Cyclone/Spiral Hell/GSW would be on there as well. It could be just for Hagun, but that seems a little odd to me, it really could be anything, I'm pretty curious what they'll do with HF and DK too considering they are only efficient on MNK/THF, which isn't exactly the most common use sub.

  14. #534
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    227
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by underscore
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6948/relicue9.th.jpg
    the middle two were in mamool camps, my ws avg is right around 900 so it's not that much worse compared to kaiten

    the higher tp modifier on kaiten also has to do with him doing more dmg(3.00 kaiten vs 2.75 metatron)
    oh and dont forget the dia2 added effect of metatron so you were helping his dmg out :d
    what kind of war merits do you have though? also if possible could you get his max attack with berserk/food/minuetx2, i run around with 730atk in my tp gear with those conditions using carbonara.
    I'm meritted more for Ridill than I am GAxe, 4/4 Berserk/Aggressor with 2 DA and sword merits with no GAxe merits. When I use Red Curry I have over 800 attack with berserk up in full haste gear. Kaiten's modifiers certainly help but that 15% Overwhelm damage is what really skews the parse a lot. It will probably be a few weeks though before I get my ass stomped by Ruk since I'm moving.

  15. #535
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    131
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    If this is infact the case, I fail to see why SE is rushing with WoG if the endgame area of ToAU has to be still released. I mean WoG is announced for december. There is only one update before the release.
    Is WoG december? I thought I read 2008
    as far as I remember they said December 2007
    Only definitive information has been Winter 2007.
    SE's said in a couple interviews that they definitely want to release the expansion before the calendar year is up. I bet there's plenty of pressure to release it in time for Christmas.

  16. #536
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    when did onimaru and shinsoku start being better then Hagun in exp? or soboro for that matter(I was always told that hagun barely beat out soboro)?

    I must have missed this ; ;

  17. #537
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    724
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlywargod
    when did onimaru and shinsoku start being better then Hagun in exp? or soboro for that matter(I was always told that hagun barely beat out soboro)?

    I must have missed this ; ;
    Shin/Oni are NOT better. Soboro may be.

  18. #538
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Sargas
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    If this is infact the case, I fail to see why SE is rushing with WoG if the endgame area of ToAU has to be still released. I mean WoG is announced for december. There is only one update before the release.
    Is WoG december? I thought I read 2008
    as far as I remember they said December 2007
    Only definitive information has been Winter 2007.
    SE's said in a couple interviews that they definitely want to release the expansion before the calendar year is up. I bet there's plenty of pressure to release it in time for Christmas.
    The timing of the FFXI event suggests December as well, perhaps even late November. Its there they'll likely do as much to hype up release with stuff such as previews and revelation of one of the new jobs, and they'll want to do this fairly shortly before the actual release.

  19. #539
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlywargod
    when did onimaru and shinsoku start being better then Hagun in exp? or soboro for that matter(I was always told that hagun barely beat out soboro)?

    I must have missed this ; ;
    Shin/Oni are NOT better. Soboro may be.
    everyone was saying things like "hagun is exp is just silly" and some such, I was like....uh what?

  20. #540
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Version Update 8/27/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Lhexh
    I'm meritted more for Ridill than I am GAxe, 4/4 Berserk/Aggressor with 2 DA and sword merits with no GAxe merits. When I use Red Curry I have over 800 attack with berserk up in full haste gear. Kaiten's modifiers certainly help but that 15% Overwhelm damage is what really skews the parse a lot. It will probably be a few weeks though before I get my ass stomped by Ruk since I'm moving.
    i meant ruke's attack with redcurry/minuet/etc, but i'll take 75 less attack for being able to ws one swing earlier. i want to try red curry with askar body eventually but i cant find people who want to do nyzul over salvage.

    i never really used bravura either until i got 299 gaxe skill, so i know what it's like. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you've merited for it. bravura has 20acc on the weapon along with the eva- proc on hit, so i figured i might as well have 5% more chance to DA rather than 50secs more of aggressor.

    i think the biggest reason you don't see alot of relic great axes is because jaypee and i bashed the hell out of it back then, while for sams you have ruke's lj to showcase it

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Version Update Notice (02/27/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 2009-03-02, 17:22
  2. Version Update Notification (07/23/2008)
    By Robert in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 2008-08-02, 11:21
  3. 12/12/07 Version Update
    By Taj in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 2007-12-14, 15:08
  4. June Version Update (04/27/2007)
    By Almalexia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 2007-05-03, 16:34