Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 401
  1. #361
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    19
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    I went through 12 pages of bitching and 100 people posting "woosh" and I never discovered what was "fixed" with this patch today.
    No, the patch wasn't today because SE hasn't stated when they'll fix the "Current Known Issues", the post for Aug. 30th was just to inform everyone that they are aware of the "bugs" and that they'll be fixing them in the near future.

  2. #362
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,113
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by sbkujata
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    I went through 12 pages of bitching and 100 people posting "woosh" and I never discovered what was "fixed" with this patch today.
    No, the patch wasn't today because SE hasn't stated when they'll fix the "Current Known Issues", the post for Aug. 30th was just to inform everyone that they are aware of the "bugs" and that they'll be fixing them in the near future.
    thanks.

  3. #363
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    in another time I would've figured you just bought your account
    wut?
    orz
    =D> omg you so owned me lolololol
    orz

  4. #364
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    745
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    in another time I would've figured you just bought your account
    wut?
    orz
    =D> omg you so owned me lolololol
    orz
    Stop upping your post count by replying with stupid statements.

  5. #365
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    [quote=skurlover]
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by "Priran":a8af6
    in another time I would've figured you just bought your account
    wut?
    orz
    =D> omg you so owned me lolololol
    orz
    Stop upping your post count by replying with stupid statements.[/quote:a8af6]

    Go read the blog.

  6. #366
    Ashira
    Guest

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    /watches cumulative Odin IQ plummet



  7. #367
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    /watches cumulative Odin IQ plummet


    Go write your blog.

  8. #368
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,819
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Vincent
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    Well, as far as generic jobclass are concerned, lancer in FFT are probably the top tiers.
    No way dude. Knight dual-wielding Excaliburs was much more insane, thanks to Excalibur's innate Haste property :3 Monks too. Lancers were good, specially if they had Samurai's two-hand weapon support ability, but dual-wielding Excalibur Knights and Monks far exceeded them to the point there was no point in bringing them to parties (I did use a bunch of obnoxious job combos for fun, regardless)

    But then again, FFT was pretty bad with balance if you invested enough time on your characters to deck 'em up (I'm not taking the "special jobs" into account). Still my favorite FF though.

    And now that I read what I just wrote.... it sounds awfully familiar. :/
    I forgot how broken dual wielding knight sword in FFT was.

    And it's Chaos/Excalibur
    auto haste and add effect stone on 2nd blade if you dont kill in 2 shots was so nice, I'd do Ramza as Squire/Ninja and own the board. Excal 1st swing Chaos Blade 2nd.

  9. #369
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,799
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    I really wanna do another replay of FFT now.

  10. #370
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    The ending still makes no sense to me.

    I'll see what I have left to finish on the GBA one though while I'm lfp on Monk tomorrow.

  11. #371
    Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    632
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Just off the record, I love this update because I can exp without thinking "Why am I meriting on my DRG, when I can just go on MNK?"

    \:D/

    Go go job shelf except for Salvage and /nin tanking.

  12. #372
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,271
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    So funny most of us knew this fix would come since its obviously far from correct.
    When i told my LS they will fix it, all SAMs and DRGs said nope because this is what SE intended, too bad i won, like always.

  13. #373
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Soboro Sukehiro: If I was getting 650-1200 Tachi Gekko on Trolls and they are adjusting the upper calculation. Doesn't this mean I can still get over 650? Or am I completely off

  14. #374
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fridell
    So funny most of us knew this fix would come since its obviously far from correct.
    When i told my LS they will fix it, all SAMs and DRGs said nope because this is what SE intended, too bad i won, like always.
    I wouldn't be saying that until you see *how* they fix it.

    all they've said is it's wrong (and it is! crit at 3.0 = 3.0 is silly and shouldn't be right) but for all any of us know, that means SE is putting it to 4.0 crits.

    I think they'll drop it down a little, say 2.5-3.5. but if they dial 1h back up to 2.4 then don't be at all surprised to see 2h's stay at 3.0/3.5 or 3.0/4.0

  15. #375
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    I think they have made it pretty obvious that they want 2 handed weapons to outdamage one handed weapons.

  16. #376
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I think they have made it pretty obvious that they want 2 handed weapons to outdamage one handed weapons.
    Have they? I think SE has shown a remarkable lack of foresight with regards to how we the playerbase end up leveling. SE may devise the math, but its players that figure out how to apply that to our best advantage, often in ways that have been "not what was intended".

  17. #377
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I think they have made it pretty obvious that they want 2 handed weapons to outdamage one handed weapons.
    Have they? I think SE has shown a remarkable lack of foresight with regards to how we the playerbase end up leveling. SE may devise the math, but its players that figure out how to apply that to our best advantage, often in ways that have been "not what was intended".
    Again - I think what they are doing is keeping the same damage formula but upping the limit on the pDIF calculation so that it's harder to hit that limit. I'd still expect to see a minimum of 600-700 damage on those weaponskills from Soboro... but I wouldn't expect to see much more than that too often unless you have a lot of gear.

    Isladar is pretty much spot on. SE intended for 2-handed weapons to be doing a large amount of damage. I think what they didn't intend is for it to do so much so often. Don't laugh at 2h users just yet.

  18. #378
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    254
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    The only people I've been arguing with are the people who think they need to be exactly like a MNK to get a spot. They're welcome to their opinion, but I'm allowed to show them there are other ways to do things.

    You say we're arrogant, why? Because we know how powerful we are?

    So cut your shit before me. I was an arrogant, self-assured asshole before FFXI and I'll be one after.
    I will not allow lesser people to twist my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Just to wrap the DRG thing up as I see it.

    Jump & High Jump recast cut in half.
    Healing Breath auto-Activation on Melee sub Wyvern at 25% HP.

    There, you made you more powerful and gave you a unique support ability.
    Mazel Tov.
    This has gotten a little unwieldly but .... I'm at work. For the next 7 hours. Doing nothing. flame on!!

    Haha no seriously, I just wanted to respond because I'm insulted you think I'm putting words in your mouth. Your solutions to balancing (your words now) "how powerful we [Monks] are" is to cut the Jump recast timers and make the Wyvern better.

    Everyone else is trying to let you know, no one cares about that. Your ideas are fine, and hell, they might even work, but SE doesn't care, and neither does anyone else as a result. Instead Damage Dealing melee jobs were balanced on Damage, and to the shock and surprise of no one, the best Damage Dealing melee jobs are pissed (this is the Long live the King, the King is dead reference).

    So anyways, stop saying I'm twisting your words because your argument from the beginning of the thread has been that damage doesn't need to be a Dragoon's primary concern, and its THAT logic that kept one of my friends from playing his lolDRG for 2 years. He just reactivated his account yesterday after the changes, not because he's now the best damage dealer, but because he. can. play. his Dragoon. in. a. party.

    I just don't think I can be any clearer unfortunately:

    No one cares about Monk's (and War/Nin of course) damage UNLESS it is so utterly broken in meripo that Monk and War/nin are the only jobs invited by the other "best" jobs (Rdm, Brd, Cor).

    If you have a problem with the role of Monk in a party post-patch, I have some advice for you. Go LFG in Whitegate, and see how long you wait for a meripo invite. That should remove any identity crisis you're currently suffering under.

    But if your problem is that you simply aren't the best of the best anymore, well....get over it. THAT is called balance, no best of, simply separate but equal damage dealing jobs.

  19. #379
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amele
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridell
    So funny most of us knew this fix would come since its obviously far from correct.
    When i told my LS they will fix it, all SAMs and DRGs said nope because this is what SE intended, too bad i won, like always.
    I wouldn't be saying that until you see *how* they fix it.

    all they've said is it's wrong (and it is! crit at 3.0 = 3.0 is silly and shouldn't be right) but for all any of us know, that means SE is putting it to 4.0 crits.

    I think they'll drop it down a little, say 2.5-3.5. but if they dial 1h back up to 2.4 then don't be at all surprised to see 2h's stay at 3.0/3.5 or 3.0/4.0
    Two things make me highly doubt this.

    First, if it was another boost two-handers were getting they would just ninja it in. I think they would only mention it if we were getting the wrong results and they were going to "nerf" it back down to what it should be.

    The second thing is my gut. It just feels unbalanced right now. I just think there is a problem with the pDIF universally, for both 1h and 2h, and thats what they are going to fix.

    BTW, I love saying pDIF as if I knew all about it or something. LOL I understand the basic workings of it, but the way I and others have been talking about it, it feels like we are all talking about rocket science like it was something that we all understand, and that everyone should just fundamental get ballistic trajectories.

  20. #380
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Current Known Issues (Aug. 30)

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan
    I'd still expect to see a minimum of 600-700 damage on those weaponskills from Soboro... but I wouldn't expect to see much more than that too often unless you have a lot of gear.
    Two nights ago I was hitting 1000+ with Yukikaze -- as a level 61 SAM with Soboro. Its amazing, and I'd like to think my gear is good, but yeah, pretty unreal for a damage 40 weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    BTW, I love saying pDIF as if I knew all about it or something. LOL I understand the basic workings of it, but the way I and others have been talking about it, it feels like we are all talking about rocket science like it was something that we all understand, and that everyone should just fundamental get ballistic trajectories.
    I absolutely concur -- LS mates were asking about the 2-handed changes, to which I started to respond. After floundering about I finally said "Its something to do with 3.0. God help me if I knew what. Just go out and merit while you can."

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 2007-11-21, 02:43
  2. Current Known Issues (Nov. 6)
    By Khalil in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2007-11-13, 17:51
  3. Current Known Issues (Aug. 29)
    By Reality in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2007-08-30, 18:38
  4. Current Known Issues (Jun. 8, 2007)
    By Lordwafik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 2007-06-13, 06:26
  5. Current Known Issues (Mar. 8)
    By Fhqwghads in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 2007-03-15, 14:19
  6. Details on Current Known Issue (Jul. 25)
    By Mekami in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2006-07-25, 20:07
  7. Details on Current Known Issues (no fix for RNGs, sorry...)
    By layoneil in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2005-07-21, 12:53