Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Would it be good for PLD these days to exp as pld/sam (or pld/war) with gsd? Or merit even? Could probably get away with byrnie and other big +att or +str over acc most of the time, as well as eat meat.
    Possible and I've seen no parses about it but I imagine joy/justice would still be the best combo.

    In a situation like that I think it'd be best for both the PLD and his party to understand he's not there simply to DD, but to help support with heals and allow other DD's to unload more.

  2. #22
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    930
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Would it be good for PLD these days to exp as pld/sam (or pld/war) with gsd? Or merit even? Could probably get away with byrnie and other big +att or +str over acc most of the time, as well as eat meat.
    I "leeched" a large chunk of my XP 71+ in LS meritburn parties as PLD/WAR with a great sword just after the 2handed patch. It's pretty good, I kept pulling hate off walmart ninjas by just DDing and throwing out backup Cure IIIs. Just don't go half-arsed about it, PLD's great sword skill is only B 250 cap at 75. Eat sushi and stack up on accuracy imho and get refresh sanction. I have no Algol but used Perdu Sword (Mercurial for fast skill ups when needed), Hauby and all of my DRG gear that PLD could equip. I only wish I had had a working parser at the time. I'm sure Justice/Joy is also a very strong combo but I don't own a Justice sword.

    Sadly I haven't had a chance to go DD PLD since I dinged 75, it was great fun and all the PLDs in my LS that saw me in action ended up skilling up their own great sword. After I dinged 75 I also saw this video Shamaya made of a PLD burn he had with slightly pimper PLDs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utiWeAdCoUA

  3. #23
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Oh, for some reason I thought pld had A gsd skill. That sucks ><

  4. #24
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Would it be good for PLD these days to exp as pld/sam (or pld/war) with gsd? Or merit even? Could probably get away with byrnie and other big +att or +str over acc most of the time, as well as eat meat.
    Possible and I've seen no parses about it but I imagine joy/justice would still be the best combo.

    In a situation like that I think it'd be best for both the PLD and his party to understand he's not there simply to DD, but to help support with heals and allow other DD's to unload more.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...leAtkAlgol.png

    PLD/SAM. :D

    I'd say it's better than PLD/NIN UNLESS you're going Justice/Joyeuse with a ton of Haste. It's hard to beat that DoT, but if you've got a less-than-great PLD/NIN build, it's easier to do damage with PLD/SAM.

  5. #25
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Adaman is fugly.
    If you have something that's not big and purple to walk around in (which you do) I guess you could just bust it out for tanking big stuff, but I still think it's inventory -1. Your merit choices seem fine, 4 Shield, 5 Sentinel, and 3 Chivalry are the crucial ones, the others you can mix and match IMO. As for DDPLD, I would still go /NIN and pseudo-tank at 70+ with Company/Joy or Joy/shield, depending on the setup. But I haven't toyed with /SAM so if you have GSword capped I don't think accuracy would be a problem, and that WS damage is pretty hot.

  6. #26
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    891
    BG Level
    5

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Oh, for some reason I thought pld had A gsd skill. That sucks ><
    B skill isn't too bad, just means u gotta eat shushi or have good supports to give u acc, as a COR that uses a joytoy with my B- skill, I rarely have any issues with acc with a haste+% build. I'd eat meat most of the time if slug shot's acc wasn't total shit even with fully merited marksmanship.

  7. #27
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Zhen
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Oh, for some reason I thought pld had A gsd skill. That sucks ><
    B skill isn't too bad, just means u gotta eat shushi or have good supports to give u acc, as a COR that uses a joytoy with my B- skill, I rarely have any issues with acc with a haste+% build. I'd eat meat most of the time if slug shot's acc wasn't total shit even with fully merited marksmanship.
    Acc for pld using gsword should be less of an issue than acc for cor using sword. With the 2-handed weapon adjustments, you could probably even use meat on pld's B+ gsword skill without too much trouble.

    Then again, I could be wrong. I use joy/justice, so my gsword isn't capped ><

  8. #28
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Honestly don't understand this, all the Pld/nins stress Enmity and Haste only, what does HP matter? You shouldn't be getting 1 shotted. What does VIT matter, seriously that shits worthless. Why would you take HP and VIT over Enmity? I can understand the arguement against MP+, thats pretty worthless too. But your basically saying the difference between Adaman body and Valor Surcoat is nothing because it's only 1 more enmity, but Plds go insane about getting surcoat. What gives?
    (Yes it is fucking ugly)

  9. #29
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    891
    BG Level
    5

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Honestly don't understand this, all the Pld/nins stress Enmity and Haste only, what does HP matter? You shouldn't be getting 1 shotted. What does VIT matter, seriously that shits worthless. Why would you take HP and VIT over Enmity? I can understand the arguement against MP+, thats pretty worthless too. But your basically saying the difference between Adaman body and Valor Surcoat is nothing because it's only 1 more enmity, but Plds go insane about getting surcoat. What gives?
    (Yes it is fucking ugly)
    It looks 100x better than.... adaman?

    Acc for pld using gsword should be less of an issue than acc for cor using sword. With the 2-handed weapon adjustments, you could probably even use meat on pld's B+ gsword skill without too much trouble.

    Then again, I could be wrong. I use joy/justice, so my gsword isn't capped ><
    I can see it, I only have about +15 acc when I TP in my COR gear, so I say about a good +40-55 is gained via other methods and I already then cap out on acc pretty much. I haven't fully merited sword yet so it's still rather behind but definately a PLD with fully skilled gsword could probably eat meat in meritpo.

  10. #30
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    I've actually been debating this question myself since I plan on PLD sometime in the future. I was looking over my gear and figuring I'd be a decently equipped PLD after a few purchases and item drops, but body wise, what'd be better? Gallant has HP, but Adaman has MP and 1 more enmity, so it's situational and based on your preference really. I'd honestly probably go Gallant +1 if I got the materials, and even NQ.

    Out of 5 PLDs in my ls, (1 is JP and can only make 1/2 our events) 3 of them unfortunately don't have Valor Surcoat due to Xarca being a dirty whore; 2 of them wear gallant, our Galka wears Adaman for the small MP boost since he's usually /NIN and stacks enmity/mp/haste for himself. Other 2 are Elvaan. All 3 are amazing tanks and know what they're doing and they all would use Valor over what they use now, but as I said, use what you think is right, neither is going to make or break you.

  11. #31
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,499
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: PLD: Level 70s Body Armor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Oh, for some reason I thought pld had A gsd skill. That sucks ><
    B skill isn't too bad, just means u gotta eat shushi or have good supports to give u acc, as a COR that uses a joytoy with my B- skill, I rarely have any issues with acc with a haste+% build. I'd eat meat most of the time if slug shot's acc wasn't total shit even with fully merited marksmanship.
    I'm going to assume you're COR/RNG, in which case you have an innate +22 acc simply from your subjob, which a PLD/SAM won't have. Then again, like Ashereh said, simply by using a Great Sword we get an extra 30 or so acc from our DEX, depending on race.

    @Falaras: Yes, we stress Enmity and Haste, but you always need a solid amount of HP, even with shadows to hide behind. Putting Enmity or Haste in places we used to use for large amounts of HP (Rings, Earrings, Belt) means that we have to make up for it somewhere else, and Body has always been a slot that we take for granted as giving us HP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. How do I shot PLD? (Newly 70 PLD seeks learning.)
    By The Q in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 2009-07-24, 06:14
  2. Question about Level 70 JSE Earrings
    By Hogie in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-03-12, 13:24
  3. Body Armor Drops?
    By Neosutra in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2006-12-27, 19:28
  4. BLM 50-60+ body armor advice needed
    By grunion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2006-05-09, 22:48
  5. PLD AF2 Body
    By Aratharn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-03-21, 07:41