Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 199
  1. #161
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Detroit scares me. I don't know if the Packers can pull together a win on that one...
    It's just...it's hard for me to be scared of a team who does this:
    Sun 9/23 at Philadelphia L 21-56
    and this:
    Sun 10/7 at Washington L 3-34
    to two teams the Packers have beaten. I dunno.

  2. #162
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Wow. The Game of the century, the game of two dominating and unstoppable offensive forces, came down to a real game of which defence can bend without breaking... I'm happy to acknowledge that my blowout prediction was so far from being correct, and it wasn't a shooout game, but rather a game that was so close that people are complaining about the officiating. I have to admit that I'm not even a Patriots fan at all, as soon as I saw that Detroit completely decimated the Broncos, I was done for the day. The Patriots do have an advantage in close games, however, with Billicheck at the helm. His micromanagement skills are among the best in the game.

    And yes, I still can't believe that the Lions Defence looked so good against Denver. Shaun Rogers running that INT back was just something from another planet. lol...

  3. #163
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Detroit scares me. I don't know if the Packers can pull together a win on that one...
    It's just...it's hard for me to be scared of a team who does this:
    Sun 9/23 at Philadelphia L 21-56
    and this:
    Sun 10/7 at Washington L 3-34
    to two teams the Packers have beaten. I dunno.
    Detroit's defense though seems to have really sured up through the rest of October. If they continue on.. they might get the 10 wins Kitna promised afterall. Detroit has been the biggest surprise of the year by far with the Packers and Browns right there behind. Who'd have thought the Browns would be two games over .500 like... ever? D: Packers @ 7-1 is great too for a mostly young team (other than Favre/Woodson obviously).

    The real question is - can Green Bay survive:
    Sun 11/11 Minnesota 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/18 Carolina 1:00 pm
    Thu 11/22 at Detroit 12:30 pm eep!

    Tbh, I'd be scared of the Vikings now too. The Chargers and every other team that has played them have kept 8 men in the box and Adrian Peterson has still gone over 1000 yards through 8 games. He's a scary, beast of a runner with an awesome O-Line making him some holes. They have no passing game, so if you stop Adrian Peterson SOME HOW.. then that's a win.

    I don't blame you though for seeing Detroit and going "lolW" because their defense is still sorda unpredictable. I think maybe their D-Line has discovered something, so who knows. They could be 15-1 at the end of the year! (lol, nt rly)

  4. #164
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    The real question is - can Green Bay survive:
    Sun 11/11 Minnesota 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/18 Carolina 1:00 pm
    Thu 11/22 at Detroit 12:30 pm eep!

    Tbh, I'd be scared of the Vikings now too.
    As much as I cheer on AP's ridiculous runs every week, I still trust Green Bay's defense to be able to stop an offense that is completely one-sided.

  5. #165
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Once again, you guys should give some credit to the Bills when making your picks. I don't recall seeing 1 person here choose them over Cinci. Great game all around, great tailgating yesterday, great fans, Bills and Bengals fans alike. I was very sorry to see CJ injured, I hope he's okay.

    edit: T.J. Houshmanzadeh may just be my favorite NFL player. He's on my fantasy team so that helps. He's scored at least 1 TD in each game this season. But that's not why he's my favorite...I just read that he got in the ambulence with Chad Johnson after his injury, and I think that's fucking awesome. He's a real class act.

  6. #166
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Are people really surprised Addai ran all over the Pats? He's a pretty good RB, and the Pats defense has been called "The worst fucking tackling team I've ever seen" by Bill Belichik. That's a favorable combination for the Colts, and I'm surprised they didn't try to exploit it more than they did.

  7. #167
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Detroit scares me. I don't know if the Packers can pull together a win on that one...
    It's just...it's hard for me to be scared of a team who does this:
    Sun 9/23 at Philadelphia L 21-56
    and this:
    Sun 10/7 at Washington L 3-34
    to two teams the Packers have beaten. I dunno.
    Detroit's defense though seems to have really sured up through the rest of October. If they continue on.. they might get the 10 wins Kitna promised afterall. Detroit has been the biggest surprise of the year by far with the Packers and Browns right there behind. Who'd have thought the Browns would be two games over .500 like... ever? D: Packers @ 7-1 is great too for a mostly young team (other than Favre/Woodson obviously).

    The real question is - can Green Bay survive:
    Sun 11/11 Minnesota 1:00 pm
    Sun 11/18 Carolina 1:00 pm
    Thu 11/22 at Detroit 12:30 pm eep!

    Tbh, I'd be scared of the Vikings now too. The Chargers and every other team that has played them have kept 8 men in the box and Adrian Peterson has still gone over 1000 yards through 8 games. He's a scary, beast of a runner with an awesome O-Line making him some holes. They have no passing game, so if you stop Adrian Peterson SOME HOW.. then that's a win.

    I don't blame you though for seeing Detroit and going "lolW" because their defense is still sorda unpredictable. I think maybe their D-Line has discovered something, so who knows. They could be 15-1 at the end of the year! (lol, nt rly)
    Yeah Minnesota doesn't exactly make me fear for the Packers. I mean, when all you have going for you is one player it's pretty easy to shut you down. Minnesota has no deep threat; Packers can just throw another man on the line in lieu of having two deep backs.

  8. #168
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Dense
    Wow. The Game of the century, the game of two dominating and unstoppable offensive forces, came down to a real game of which defence can bend without breaking... I'm happy to acknowledge that my blowout prediction was so far from being correct, and it wasn't a shooout game, but rather a game that was so close that people are complaining about the officiating.
    I can't even complain about the officiating in this game at all. Both these teams were out to destroy each other - the Colts were doing everything they could to take out Brady, and the Pats were throwin' out all kinds of stupid mistakes that resulted in penalties. The refs knew this was gonna happen, and they were ready for it.

    The Pats are damned lucky that the game turned around the way it did in the fourth quarter. It's just a damn shame they had to play dirty for three quarters before they figured it out.

  9. #169
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,616
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Lucky? The Pats did what they've been doing for years when they're down late in the game, execute scoring drives. People have just apparently forgotten how good Brady is in a clutch situation because the Pats have been rolling over every other team.

  10. #170
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Hey Bill Polian, Milli Vanilli called. They want their CD back.

  11. #171
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Hey Bill Polian, Milli Vanilli called. They want their CD back.
    fucking lol. article for anyone that doesnt understand...

    Patriots complain about crowd noise

    By Jason Cole

    Monday, Nov 5, 2007 12:13 pm EST

    The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

    "We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

    Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

    "We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

    Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots locker room after the game.

    Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

    In addition, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the RCA Dome.

    "I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

    This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts General Manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule.

  12. #172
    House Azazael
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    wow so the pats win and they still complain. GET OVER IT.

  13. #173
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    lol, I actually heard the crowd noise skip when I was watching the game and was wondering if it's some broadcast problem. It would be hilarious if they really did it and messed up

  14. #174
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    lol, I actually heard the crowd noise skip when I was watching the game and was wondering if it's some broadcast problem. It would be hilarious if they really did it and messed up
    CBS just announced that it was an issue with their broadcast.

    In other news, I still don't like Bill Polian.

  15. #175
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Fuck yeah!

    The NFL just announced they are moving the Bills vs. Patriots 11/18 game from 1pm to the 8:15 Sunday Night Football national telecast!!! Another primetime game for Buffalo! It's replacing the Chicago vs. Seattle game.

    http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html

    So how many people in Massachusetts did the NFL just screw by moving the game with less than 2 weeks notice? Think about all of the people who drive home immediately afterwards as well as bus/coach/RV charters, as well as plane tickets.

  16. #176
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    norelco, this was forwarded to me by my buddy a couple weeks ago, die hard bills fan. you may have already seen it, but if not its pretty hilarious. you guys really have a great kid in marshawn lynch.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

    edit: failed to embed

  17. #177
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    norelco, this was forwarded to me by my buddy a couple weeks ago, die hard bills fan. you may have already seen it, but if not its pretty hilarious. you guys really have a great kid in marshawn lynch.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

    edit: failed to embed
    I'll check this out in about an hour or two. Youtube is blocked at work.

  18. #178
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,320
    BG Level
    6

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    norelco, this was forwarded to me by my buddy a couple weeks ago, die hard bills fan. you may have already seen it, but if not its pretty hilarious. you guys really have a great kid in marshawn lynch.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

    edit: failed to embed
    I'll check this out in about an hour or two. Youtube is blocked at work.
    Oh man you're gonna love it, my GF and I were watching the game this sunday and couldnt get this out of our heads. Also, everything Marshawn Lynch related is now a "fresh of breath air."

  19. #179
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,763
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Colts also have a tremendous field advantage. When manning is calling plays on the line, you can hear a pin drop in the stadium. When the opposing team is on the field, you cannot hear the guy next to you. Colts by 5.
    Anyone who thought that they pumped in crowd noise are fucking idiots. The RCA dome is insanely fucking loud, it's ridiculous. The crowd would completely drowned out any pumped in noise. I guess it's a testament to colts fans that the pats couldn't believe anyone could be that loud without artificial help. You just have to be there to understand...obviously.

  20. #180
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Colts also have a tremendous field advantage. When manning is calling plays on the line, you can hear a pin drop in the stadium. When the opposing team is on the field, you cannot hear the guy next to you. Colts by 5.
    Anyone who thought that they pumped in crowd noise are fucking idiots. The RCA dome is insanely fucking loud, it's ridiculous. The crowd would completely drowned out any pumped in noise. I guess it's a testament to colts fans that the pats couldn't believe anyone could be that loud without artificial help. You just have to be there to understand...obviously.
    It was based more on the fact that the crowd noise on the TV broadcast sounded like a CD skipping. If I run across a clip of it online, I'll post it. It's no secret that the RCA Dome gets unbelievably loud, but fans don't cheer like a broken record. Like I said earlier though, CBS claims it was an issue on their end.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 445
    Last Post: 2008-12-09, 22:52
  2. NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 2007-12-05, 08:48
  3. NFL Week 4 Picks
    By melbufrauma in forum Sports
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2007-10-02, 15:04
  4. NFL Week 3 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2007-09-26, 03:14
  5. NFL Week 2 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 16:42
  6. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 13:42