Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Thread: November 22nd?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #41
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Re: November 22nd?

    They said they would add windower at around the same time as WotG.

  2. #42
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by akoru
    You get vacuumed into the Cavernous Maw! >:D

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/7c9004a3.png
    Olde.


  3. #43
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Re: November 22nd?

    no offense Therin, but your's sucks I totally thought it was spitting out the Sundis

  4. #44
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    447
    BG Level
    4

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    no offense Therin, but your's sucks I totally thought it was spitting out the Sundis

    Agreed, I thought it was shouting epic levels of "WUT?".

  5. #45
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Shipping on the 20th (in the US) means in stores on the 21st.

    Going live on the 22nd means going live at 12:00 am JST (or thereabouts, JST anyway). Which is something like 11 am EST on the 21st.

    So, it's not that big of a deal and there really won't be a disconnect between the sale and being able to play.
    You call having the expansion go live at 7am PST on the day that it hits the shelves "really won't be a disconnect between the sale and being able to play"? There's bound to be several hours from activation of the expansion to the time many people are able to play it. They should wait a day after it hits the shelves to activate it. Ideally, ship date > 1 day > shelves > 1 day > activate.

  6. #46
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    no offense Therin, but your's sucks I totally thought it was spitting out the Sundis
    Want me to draw arrows?

  7. #47
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    no offense Therin, but your's sucks I totally thought it was spitting out the Sundis
    Want me to draw arrows?
    Do motion blurs showing the Sundi heads moving away.

  8. #48
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarus
    Hmm... not sure. I'm pretty sure they said the "official windower" would need DX9 and that it would be released "in late 2008", but I don't remember them saying that it would be part of WoTG at any point
    I don't remember seeing anything about late 2008 Q_Q
    Blah, meant 2007. I don't even know what year it is!

    Hopefully it does come with WotG, but that might be wishful thinking.

    And I think Sage Sundi does indeed traverse time and space. This would explain some things. He does in fact know the answer to everything, but he can't reveal the answers as it could destroy history. Or something.

  9. #49
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarus
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarus
    Hmm... not sure. I'm pretty sure they said the "official windower" would need DX9 and that it would be released "in late 2008", but I don't remember them saying that it would be part of WoTG at any point
    I don't remember seeing anything about late 2008 Q_Q
    Blah, meant 2007. I don't even know what year it is!

    Hopefully it does come with WotG, but that might be wishful thinking.

    And I think Sage Sundi does indeed traverse time and space. This would explain some things. He does in fact know the answer to everything, but he can't reveal the answers as it could destroy history. Or something.

    LOL, the great protector of Mankind! So now I know every time he says " I don't know " It's like he is really saying " I'm sorry I can't allow the world to be destroyed! "

  10. #50
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    175
    BG Level
    3

    Re: November 22nd?

    I'm not really concerned that the release date/time coincides with Thanksgiving. What is the rush? To be the first to not see all the content that won't be released until Apr 2009?

  11. #51
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Re: November 22nd?

    I haven't seen my gf for over a month, and she comes back the night of the 16th - when I have to pick her up. I then drive back to school on that sunday. Class ends the 21st here, then I gotta drive home for thanksgiving. She is still home til that sunday at 6 AM, when I have to take her back to the airport. I get expansion too late =\

  12. #52
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: November 22nd?

    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?

  13. #53
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    I haven't seen my gf for over a month, and she comes back the night of the 16th - when I have to pick her up. I then drive back to school on that sunday. Class ends the 21st here, then I gotta drive home for thanksgiving. She is still home til that sunday at 6 AM, when I have to take her back to the airport. I get expansion too late =\
    Break up with her until after Valentine's Day. You will save a lot of money like that.

  14. #54
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?
    Have fun trying to find it if you havent reserved it. Most places only get 1 or 2 copies at most for obscure PC titles, unless the have reservations. Also depends when you go in, there is usually a morning and afternoon shipment.

  15. #55
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?
    Have fun trying to find it if you havent reserved it. Most places only get 1 or 2 copies at most for obscure PC titles, unless the have reservations. Also depends when you go in, there is usually a morning and afternoon shipment.
    Suppose I should call soon then Q_Q.

  16. #56
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    124
    BG Level
    3

    Re: November 22nd?

    I doubt there'd be a problem in New York City.

  17. #57
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?
    Have fun trying to find it if you havent reserved it. Most places only get 1 or 2 copies at most for obscure PC titles, unless the have reservations. Also depends when you go in, there is usually a morning and afternoon shipment.
    Since when? GameStop had a shelf full of CoP and ToAU when I got those.

    EDIT: nevermind, I see you're talking about obscure titles. Yeah, they usually don't have very many of those.

  18. #58
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?
    Have fun trying to find it if you havent reserved it. Most places only get 1 or 2 copies at most for obscure PC titles, unless the have reservations. Also depends when you go in, there is usually a morning and afternoon shipment.
    Since when? GameStop had a shelf full of CoP and ToAU when I got those.

    EDIT: nevermind, I see you're talking about obscure titles. Yeah, they usually don't have very many of those.
    Well FFXI kind of falls in the obscure section, around here atleast most stores only got 1, some didnt even get any.

  19. #59
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: November 22nd?

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    So basically, when I go to buy the game on the 21st, it should be in the store?
    Have fun trying to find it if you havent reserved it. Most places only get 1 or 2 copies at most for obscure PC titles, unless the have reservations. Also depends when you go in, there is usually a morning and afternoon shipment.
    Since when? GameStop had a shelf full of CoP and ToAU when I got those.

    EDIT: nevermind, I see you're talking about obscure titles. Yeah, they usually don't have very many of those.
    Well FFXI kind of falls in the obscure section, around here atleast most stores only got 1, some didnt even get any.
    I was confused for a moment, but then I saw your problem.

    Location: OH

  20. #60
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: November 22nd?

    I never saw any copies of FFXI or CoP in stores in england until the 360 release. Then they had a display full of it, but I haven't seen it since.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prices are falling (november)
    By Neosutra in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2006-11-01, 17:21
  2. Fellowship Update- November 18th, 2005
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2005-11-19, 03:06
  3. All World Maintenance - Aug 22nd
    By Gatsby in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-08-20, 03:17