Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 400
  1. #361
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,611
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    So...

    Pats are 12-0
    Sox won their 2nd WS in 4 years
    Celtics have the best record in the NBA

    I <3 being from New England. Keep the hate coming, it'll entertain me tomorrow morning at work.
    The Giants finished in last place, the 49ers are gonna finish in last place, and Golden State started out in last place (though doing much better now). I fucking hate you, Viq.
    Well, at least we have the Sharks.....errrr nevermind they manage to fucking choke every year in the second round

  2. #362
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Pittsburgh and NYG can deffinatley do it. I just don't think either has a secondary that matches up well. Pitt's defense is way overrated, don't expect them to do anything that the Ravens couldn't do. Theres no other team that matches up to NE position to position like Baltimore did. Pitt has a good shot but Big Ben needs to get time in the pocket (which he hasn't the past couple weeks) and Santonio Holmes kinda needs to comes back from his injury to stretch the field. Parker is an extremely similar type of back to McGahee but NE is probably going to try and prove they can stop the run next week.

  3. #363
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Pittsburgh and NYG can deffinatley do it. I just don't think either has a secondary that matches up well. Pitt's defense is way overrated, don't expect them to do anything that the Ravens couldn't do. Theres no other team that matches up to NE position to position like Baltimore did. Pitt has a good shot but Big Ben needs to get time in the pocket (which he hasn't the past couple weeks) and Santonio Holmes kinda needs to comes back from his injury to stretch the field. Parker is an extremely similar type of back to McGahee but NE is probably going to try and prove they can stop the run next week.
    Maybe, but I think the blueprint is in place to beat the Patriots. Not sure Pittsburgh can do it in Gillette Stadium though. I'm not sure how the Giants can do it unless Eli gets his head out of his ass.

  4. #364
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    445
    BG Level
    4

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    I watched the game and it kept me awake an hour longer than I wanted to be from all the adrenaline running through my body. Ravens did an awesome job and got totally screwed in the end. I hope that any team the pat's play ruins their "perfect" season now.

  5. #365
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,564
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Kornheiser put it perfectly, Belichik is the person that everyone loves to hate. He's the perfect villain

    That has to be one of the greatest MNF games I have ever seen. There have been better but boy was that entertaining. It really bugs me when a team has so many penalties when they are playing at home. To me, that really shouldn't happen, ESPECIALLY on the false starts.

    As far as Brian Billick goes...I really don't think he is to blame for the loss. The playcalling was really good; we know this because the Baltimore defense was able to keep up with NE's offense throughout the game. The defense kicked NE right in the face until the end of the game. The penalties and the bad TO called by the def. coordinator lost the game for the Ravens; nothing else. You can't really blame Billick for the absolutely stupid penalties that nailed the coffin for the Ravens. The NFL is not like high school where the coach can baby their players and tell them how to do every little thing. I've always been fond of Billick; I don't think he's one of the greatest coaches ever or the bestl, I mean, he has made some pretty bad calls in the past, but I don't think he's horrible.

    It always fun to see him get angry though. He's usually soft-spoken and stoic, but when he gets pissed, HE GETS PISSED.

    Can anyone find me the vid of earlier this season when he started jumping up and down screaming after they lost one of their games? I can't find it

  6. #366
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    As much as I hate to say it, I thought the holding call was a good call. I certainly don't think it was a phantom call. I did, however, think that the TD was bullshit, it didn't look secured at all to me. Also thought the play where moss ran over the DB and the DB got called on illegal contact or something was a bit questionable too. Undoubtedly, the patriots got lucky on a few plays, but when they had the chance, they made the plays. They always do. That's why they are so great.

  7. #367
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    As much as I hate to say it, I thought the holding call was a good call. I certainly don't think it was a phantom call. I did, however, think that the TD was bullshit, it didn't look secured at all to me. Also thought the play where moss ran over the DB and the DB got called on illegal contact or something was a bit questionable too. Undoubtedly, the patriots got lucky on a few plays, but when they had the chance, they made the plays. They always do. That's why they are so great.
    The thing about that TD call is that it almost doesn't matter. The two penalties would've been applied for the next play instead of on the kick off, which would've given the Pats 1st & goal from the 2 (start on the 8, half the distance twice.) Does anyone doubt that the Pats would've still found a way to get the ball into the endzone at that point?

    Lulz @ the Ravens guy who said the ref that called those two penalties doesn't know what it's like to play in the NFL. That specific ref, Phil McKinnley (sp?), actually played for three seperate NFL teams.

    PS -> Thanks everyone that left angry replies and PMs for me. I had a good time going through them.

  8. #368
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    lol @ you if really believe the Patriots actually won that game. However way you look at it, the game was handed to them.

  9. #369
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    lol @ you if really believe the Patriots actually won that game. However way you look at it, the game was handed to them.
    Clearly the Ravens lost that game more than the Pats won it. All that really matters is who gets the W at the end, and fact is the Pats got it.

  10. #370
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigor
    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    So...

    Pats are 12-0
    Sox won their 2nd WS in 4 years
    Celtics have the best record in the NBA

    I <3 being from New England. Keep the hate coming, it'll entertain me tomorrow morning at work.
    Friggin Masshole. Yeah thats right, I said Masshole. Get it? Cause you're from Massachusettes and then theres the asshole part. I just tossed the M on the front. How does that make you feel?
    It might bug me if I was, ya know, from Mass >_>
    We Roe Dilundahs have enough to bug us without people thinkin' we're Massholes.. srsly!

  11. #371
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    lol @ you if really believe the Patriots actually won that game. However way you look at it, the game was handed to them.
    Clearly the Ravens lost that game more than the Pats won it. All that really matters is who gets the W at the end, and fact is the Pats got it.
    Yes, at the end of the year everyone will look on it and see 19-0 (if they do in fact go 19-0). No one will say, "Hey but game 12 was a fluke! They didn't actually win it!" But it's not like you have to worry about that though, because the Pats will lose at least once, guaranteed.

  12. #372
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    I see no reason for the Patriots to play Brady and other starters regularly once they clinch their playoff birth and homefield advantage during the playoffs. The Patriots have repeatedly said they are not even remotely thinking about going undefeated this season, but come week 16 and 17 and they are still undefeated if Brady is still at the helm along with other starters we'll know this to be a giant crock of shit lie.

  13. #373
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    I think they'll lose, but I don't think it's going to be in the regular season.

  14. #374
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I see no reason for the Patriots to play Brady and other starters regularly once they clinch their playoff birth and homefield advantage during the playoffs. The Patriots have repeatedly said they are not even remotely thinking about going undefeated this season, but come week 16 and 17 and they are still undefeated if Brady is still at the helm along with other starters we'll know this to be a giant crock of shit lie.
    I think in game 15 and 16 you'll see Brady & co. for at least a half, even if everything is clinched. Belichik isn't big on giving guys a lot of time off. They've all but locked up a bye in the first round, and it isn't going to help the team as much to have everyone sit for 3 weeks. Where the difference comes in is in week 16. If the Pats are undefeated and the game is close, you may see the starters in the 2nd half. That would be pushing for 16-0 instead of preparing for the playoffs.

  15. #375
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I see no reason for the Patriots to play Brady and other starters regularly once they clinch their playoff birth and homefield advantage during the playoffs. The Patriots have repeatedly said they are not even remotely thinking about going undefeated this season, but come week 16 and 17 and they are still undefeated if Brady is still at the helm along with other starters we'll know this to be a giant crock of shit lie.
    I think in game 15 and 16 you'll see Brady & co. for at least a half, even if everything is clinched. Belichik isn't big on giving guys a lot of time off. They've all but locked up a bye in the first round, and it isn't going to help the team as much to have everyone sit for 3 weeks. Where the difference comes in is in week 16. If the Pats are undefeated and the game is close, you may see the starters in the 2nd half. That would be pushing for 16-0 instead of preparing for the playoffs.
    Yeah. I understand them playing everyone up until game 16, but if they go 15-0 they will have clinched playoff birth and home field advantage in every game in the playoffs, so there is absolutely no reason to put a single starter in during game 16. Sure, they will have two weeks where they don't play (week 16 and first round bye), but if they practice hard it shouldn't matter. If they go 15-0 and I see Brady or Moss or Maroney or any other starter in game 16 then it's a whole crock of shit and all Belichek cares about is 19-0.

  16. #376
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    I disagree. Some coaches absolutely hate sitting players on the last game of the season, especially if they are doing well. It breaks rhythm, players get rusty, etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brady and Co in week 17 if they are still undefeated, though I don't think they will play the whole game

  17. #377
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    I disagree. Some coaches absolutely hate sitting players on the last game of the season, especially if they are doing well. It breaks rhythm, players get rusty, etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brady and Co in week 17 if they are still undefeated, though I don't think they will play the whole game
    Breaks rhythm? Get rusty? Rhythm and skill are developed and maintained in practice, not games. Practicing harder and getting good scout teams on the field for their offense and defense would be just as good as playing a game. Well, it may not be just as good, but you have to weigh the risks and benefits. Risks: your key players could get injured and potentially be out for the playoffs or longer. Benefit: You maintain, rhythm? Yeah, benefits don't outweigh the risks.

  18. #378
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    If the Patriots are 15-0 why the fuck wouldn't they play the last game? I think risking your starters for one game is worth having the chance to go down as one of the(IF NOT, THE)best teams of all time. No sane NFL player/coach would say no to that deal.

  19. #379
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    If the Patriots are 15-0 why the fuck wouldn't they play the last game? I think risking your starters for one game is worth having the chance to go down as one of the(IF NOT, THE)best teams of all time. No sane NFL player/coach would say no to that deal.
    I hope Brady breaks a pinky during that time.

  20. #380
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

    Fuck that, I want to see manning/brady IV (or whatever it is now). Or TONY ROMO/Brady II. God that sounds weird.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 445
    Last Post: 2008-12-09, 22:52
  2. NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 2007-11-06, 11:35
  3. NFL Week 6 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2007-10-16, 16:55
  4. NFL Week 5 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 2007-10-11, 13:23
  5. NFL Week 4 Picks
    By melbufrauma in forum Sports
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2007-10-02, 15:04
  6. NFL Week 3 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2007-09-26, 03:14
  7. NFL Week 2 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 16:42
  8. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 13:42