Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 161 to 179 of 179
  1. #161
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    I happen to switch to mules a whole lot, every day. I've been encountering an abundance of FFXI-3113 today (Protocol timeout error) every other time, and it's really annoying. My game and my internet otherwise is perfectly fine. This has not happened to me before, wonder if anyone else is having this problem since this update? Prolly just something local on my end.

  2. #162
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,272
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    They should find an average endgame FFXI player, someone who isn't zammish, and someone who thinks the same things the average general playerbase thinks.
    No such person exists.

  3. #163
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya
    I happen to switch to mules a whole lot, every day. I've been encountering an abundance of FFXI-3113 today (Protocol timeout error) every other time, and it's really annoying. My game and my internet otherwise is perfectly fine. This has not happened to me before, wonder if anyone else is having this problem since this update? Prolly just something local on my end.
    Router yo, restart it.

  4. #164
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo
    Ever think that it is tested and works fine in thier eyes and then *gasp* it's not what they players want?
    The point I was trying to make is that I have indeed participated in many different types of beta playtesting for various media and yes it can be done. It only takes time and a concerted effort by both the playtesters and the developers to grasp what the trend will be with the new system and then adapt it to fit what is trying to be accomplished. I'm not saying that unexpected things never happen but the rate at which they are occuring time and time again suggests a lack of thorough testing and nothing you say will change my opinion of that.

    Specifically with information they already possess regarding Besieged, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how Campaign battles would play out. It would have just taken some extra time on their part, which they seem to never have because they set lofty deadlines for themselves that cannot be reached unless they half ass rush something out the door.

  5. #165
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,272
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thandronen
    It would have just taken some extra time on their part, which they seem to never have because they set lofty deadlines for themselves that cannot be reached unless they half ass rush something out the door.
    Do you have proof of this? Because they could very well test it thoroughly and some unexpected things happen on client side or like I said earlier, a differing of opinion of real players.

    This biggest example of this is what happened on Hades with glasses. Glasses on every other server worked fine with the last update but Hades did unexpected things. Sometimes you can't see everything, including how hardcore endgame players think v. casual players.

  6. #166
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    If you reread my post it is clear that I do not have proof of this. You are so eager to attack/criticize someone that you don't fully comprehend what was written.

    What I said is that it is my "opinion" and it "seems" to be this way. It is based purely on my speculation and experiences that I've had in playtesting that this stuff has been coming out totally half baked and nowhere near the target which I believe is due to a thorough lack of testing and can be accomplished.

  7. #167
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    >.>

    I'm generally fine with whatever they do regarding 2hers anymore, but you can have Dmg varies with TP instead of Crit TP RR when you pry my only good 100% TP GAXE WS from my cold dead fingers!

    The Campaign thing...

    Was too far one way, is too far the other now.

    Nice as hell getting 1k per tag, sucks having the same 20 people popping up with you everywhere because theres only 2 or 3 going on at once, and the Beastman forces are like totally depleted.

    Just waiting for them to adjust it back JUST A LITTLE more towards how it was and it should rock.

    Also, wtf, we get Instant Reraise?

    FUCKING AWESOME!

  8. #168
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    567
    BG Level
    5

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Where are you getting 1k per tag?

    Since the update I'm lucky to get 400-500 per fight, and less (as low as 80) since not one of them lasts more than 4-5 minutes now. Some of them are literally over in 20 seconds. We had music in Grauberg for a good 3 minutes, but a total of 1 mob attacked the fortification and it was dead in 20 seconds, thus the music stopped and I got a whole 40/22 EXP/AN for my efforts.

    Fix this shit >.<

  9. #169
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,206
    BG Level
    6

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Fix this shit >.<
    Agreed.

  10. #170
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Builttolast
    Where are you getting 1k per tag?

    Since the update I'm lucky to get 400-500 per fight, and less (as low as 80) since not one of them lasts more than 4-5 minutes now. Some of them are literally over in 20 seconds. We had music in Grauberg for a good 3 minutes, but a total of 1 mob attacked the fortification and it was dead in 20 seconds, thus the music stopped and I got a whole 40/22 EXP/AN for my efforts.

    Fix this shit >.<
    The most I got after Campaign was 660. Alot were 120s, some were 240. And of course, most of the time I see a Campaign and I warp out there only to see:

    1) Campaign already ended
    2) Campaign is about to end in less then a minute

    Awesome.

  11. #171
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    It seems that the xp is now capped at 60 per minute, but the total xp per tag is not capped at all. Today I got 1.8k from an E Ronafare campaign that went on for 30 minutes (4 waves of mobs) and 1.2k from a Grauberg assault that also lasted a long time.

    But that was 2 out of about 20 total campaigns. The rest of them were very short and gave less than 500, often just 120.

    Capping the xp per minute and then having fights that can be over in 2 minutes is retarded.

  12. #172
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    I would like to point out that the problem really isn't the capping by minute. That makes sense and IMO is a good thing. It's the 2 minute campaigns that are the problem.

  13. #173
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Shamaya wrote:
    I happen to switch to mules a whole lot, every day. I've been encountering an abundance of FFXI-3113 today (Protocol timeout error) every other time, and it's really annoying. My game and my internet otherwise is perfectly fine. This has not happened to me before, wonder if anyone else is having this problem since this update? Prolly just something local on my end.
    Router yo, restart it.
    Been done =/ Well I'm the only person having consistent connection issues ever since that update, it seems. Gotta be somethin on my end, wryyyyy.

  14. #174
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,796
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo
    Ever think that it is tested and works fine in thier eyes and then *gasp* it's not what they players want?
    How many times have I heard this from SE?

  15. #175
    Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    723
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Shamaya wrote:
    I happen to switch to mules a whole lot, every day. I've been encountering an abundance of FFXI-3113 today (Protocol timeout error) every other time, and it's really annoying. My game and my internet otherwise is perfectly fine. This has not happened to me before, wonder if anyone else is having this problem since this update? Prolly just something local on my end.
    Router yo, restart it.
    Been done =/ Well I'm the only person having consistent connection issues ever since that update, it seems. Gotta be somethin on my end, wryyyyy.
    I've been experiencing some network issues since last updates, too, and I wasn't the only one in my LS to experience those when they happened. Those people were on different countries/ISPs/hardware. I've r0ed for a few seconds daily now, and on tuesday it timed out and was unable to log back in for like 5 minutes.

  16. #176
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    252
    BG Level
    4

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    - The penalty to Accuracy for the weapon skills "Guillotine" and "Penta Thrust" has been removed.

    Fuck you all and your whining

    Guillo is back baby
    So yeah... I have a complaint... I finally got to merit on DRK again after this update, after getting my Abyss cape tonight (yay after a year of CoP Dynamis) and WITH sushi, I could not land a 4/4 hit Guillotine to save my life... they seriously screwed something up with Guillotine / Penta Thrust, and they did NOT restore the acc. I was averaging 2-3 hits per WS and I've never missed that much with Guillo... this is WITH an added 14 acc on ws AND sushi. I don't know what SE screwed up in the coding but they definitely did NOT "remove the accuracy penalty" on the weaponskills. My DRG friend who has good gear said tonight he was doing HORRIBLE on penta in dynamis, like worse than he ever has done with it. Anyone else notice a problem with these WSs because I'm not imagining my 1 or 2hit TP returns from WSs.... Just a week ago I merited using Meat and was landing 3-4 hits consistanly with the odd 1-2 like 1/20 WSs. Just curious if others have noticed a problem with these WS, because something seems seriously wrong to me. . .

  17. #177
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Is it possible your WS gear sucks?

    WSing in full Black Gear and Wyvern Helm, Flame RingX2, Warwolf/Brutal/Abyssal/Chivalrous/Bomb Core isn't going to help you land jack squat, for example.

    Have you adjusted your gear since the last update? You realise we all lost about 20 Acc and Att from the Dex/Str=.75 Acc/Att change, right?

  18. #178
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    252
    BG Level
    4

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Feel free to critique, here's what I ws in (keep in mind as I stated in the newbie section I don't do HNMs so I don't have adaberk etc) :

    Ranged : Fire Bomblet
    Head : Chaos Burgeonet +1
    Neck : Peacock Charm
    Ear 1 : Brutal Earring
    Ear 2 : Abyssal Earring
    Body : Hecatomb Harness
    Hands : Chaos Gauntlets +1
    Legs : Black Cuisses
    Feet : Hecatomb Leggings
    Ring 1 : Rajas Ring
    Ring 2 : Flame Ring
    Waist : Warwolf Belt
    Back : Abyss Cape (wasn't liking my acc on WS with Amemet +1 so I switched but was still whiffing some)

    I didn't have to adjust my WS gear after the LAST update where they nerfed the acc, so I don't see why it should have to change after they supposedly un-nerf it? Maybe I just ate some bad sushi lol <.< ? I didn't have any problem landing Guillotine until tonight, which is after the most recent update What am I doing wrong?

    I do know I lost about 20 acc / attack from the str/dex change, but I just gained 14 acc tonight (on WS) from abyss cape and I was eating sushi instead of meat which is a lot more acc =( Maybe it was just a bad run of luck but I've never seen so many crummy TP return Guillotines before tonight.

  19. #179
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 28)

    Luck of the dice then.

    My RR Tp returns are pretty random, and I added in about 25 Acc over the last few tweaks since the update, just the joys of multi-hit skills.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Similar Threads

  1. All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 3)
    By nekura in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2008-11-05, 10:05
  2. All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 19)
    By rex_garuda in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 11:23
  3. All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 28)
    By andretti in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2007-03-26, 21:45
  4. All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 28)
    By aznmajiktaru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2006-12-28, 17:41