Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Playstation 2 games     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    FFX/X-2/XII.

  2. #22
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Really depends on what games you like to play.

    Here's a few that have not been named yet:
    katamari damacy
    dragon quest 8
    ssx 3
    amplitude
    timesplitters 2/3

  3. #23
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Oh, forgot to add Xenosaga 1/2/3 (especially 3, but play 1 and 2 for story purposes.. it's pretty good, even though the gameplay in both games is kind of meh... #3 makes up for it all though ) and Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

    Devil May Cry 1/2/3 and God of War 1/2 as well, if you like action/adventure games that is.

    But whatever you do, don't get Dirge of Cerberus: FF7... >.<

  4. #24
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Sukioden 3 and 5 were great...definite must buys (especially if you played the first 2). Suikoden 4 sucked ass hard though.

  5. #25
    Paging Dr. Nat
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,800
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    these are repeats:
    ffX-X2-XII
    KH 1 and 2
    Xenosaga series
    Devil may cry series
    Rez
    Frequency
    Amplitude
    ZOE 1 and 2
    Jak and Daxter series

  6. #26
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    150
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Calais Theron
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Sukioden 3 and 5 were great...definite must buys (especially if you played the first 2). Suikoden 4 sucked ass hard though.
    QFT. They might start out a little slow, but in the end they both have phenomenal stories.

    Don't think anyone mentioned the Onimusha series yet, those are definitely worth checking out. Viewtiful Joe too, Sonic Mega Collection, lots of stuff other people mentioned (Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Disgaea). You can find a years worth of games for the PS2 that are all relatively cheap. $19.99 Greatest Hits list is a wonderful thing.

  7. #27
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    I'll tell you what's fun.
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, 2 player tag on chopper drop. >=)

  8. #28
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,317
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Out of the RPG's you'd probably enjoy Rogue Galaxy the most, it's an action RPG done correctly with piles of weapon customisation. Most of all the gameplay and combat is alot of fun, kind of like a combination of Devil May Cry made into an RPG.

    Just go to gamerankings and do a search for top rated PS2 games and work your way down the list seeing what you'd be interested in.

  9. #29
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Calais~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Sukioden 3 and 5 were great...definite must buys (especially if you played the first 2). Suikoden 4 sucked ass hard though.
    QFT. They might start out a little slow, but in the end they both have phenomenal stories.

    Don't think anyone mentioned the Onimusha series yet, those are definitely worth checking out. Viewtiful Joe too, Sonic Mega Collection, lots of stuff other people mentioned (Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Disgaea). You can find a years worth of games for the PS2 that are all relatively cheap. $19.99 Greatest Hits list is a wonderful thing.
    I'd agree but 3 just seemed so short, once everything starts to come together it ends almost instantly, I wanted to play more, especially large scale battles. It was either "have to lose" or "easy win" in the final chapters.

    I'll say KH2 and FFXII because I enjoyed both games a lot.

  10. #30
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    I traded my FFXII in and never beat it.... There's just too much walking around. I get enough of that with FFXI D:

  11. #31
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    I haven't got around to playing it yet, but Odin Sphere is supposed to be pretty good.

    Disgaea is another I've heard good things about if you like Tactics games.

    Midnight Club Racing is fun too (I've only played the first), but I'm not sure how it compares to other racing games out.

  12. #32
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    I traded my FFXII in and never beat it.... There's just too much walking around. I get enough of that with FFXI D:
    Not counting WotG, if you're walking around too much in FFXI you're doing something wrong. OP warps, staging points, Olduum/Tav rings, airships, teleports, warps, plenty of ways to make getting just about anywhere fairly quick. Unless all you really do is run to Aery, and that's a long run unless you have Mazurka and Wyrmal legs.

  13. #33
    Po
    Po is offline
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    I never played past the first town in Okami heh... should I?
    I'd say wait and play the Wii version early next year.

  14. #34
    Paging Dr. Nat
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,800
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    oh i forgot to mention this

    the Dark Cloud series is phenomenal if you like action-RPG!!

  15. #35
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Natallon
    oh i forgot to mention this

    the Dark Cloud series is phenomenal if you like action-RPG!!
    I like JRPGs... and I hated the original Dark Cloud, didn't play any of the others.

    Just throwing that out there, not saying it's a bad game... but I didn't like it at all.
    Yes, I did give it a chance (before you say I didn't), I built up the town a good ways... but the game just bored me.

  16. #36
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Natallon
    oh i forgot to mention this

    the Dark Cloud series is phenomenal if you like action-RPG!!
    I like JRPGs... and I hated the original Dark Cloud, didn't play any of the others.

    Just throwing that out there, not saying it's a bad game... but I didn't like it at all.
    Yes, I did give it a chance (before you say I didn't), I built up the town a good ways... but the game just bored me.
    Dark Cloud 2 was an incredible improvement over the first one. It's almost hard to believe the two games are related.

  17. #37
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Ah, good to know.
    Also I noticed I put JRPG instead of aRPG, even though that's true too.

    I might check out Dark Cloud 2 sometime.

  18. #38
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    dark cloud was an okay game (both of them..) ... not keepers though, I say rent them.

  19. #39
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    87
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    If I remember right, Dark Cloud 1 and 2 were made by different companys. Could explain the huge differences

  20. #40
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Re: Playstation 2 games

    Persona 2.
    Monster Rancher 4.
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Avatar Tuner.
    Gran Turismo 4.
    Final Fantasy XII.
    and...

    WINNING ELEVEN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. in your opinion what are the best items in the game by job?
    By berticus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2005-01-02, 22:23
  2. this game sux -_-
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2004-10-26, 14:34