i cant wait 3 more months...
^Imo, the wait will be harder from film 1 to film 2 than now because I'll have a taste for it!
Fuck me, a whole year between the first 2 movies? That makes me a sad panda![]()
New trailer
That trailer looks a lot better then the older ones.
hnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg
The Hobbit website has five versions of the trailer each with a different ending. Gandalf, Bilbo, the dwarves, Gollum, and Sting are the featured endings. Gandalf and Gollum were probably my favorites.
so excited fuckkkkkk
Oh god damn, excited as fuck now.
The wait between movies is going to be agonizing. I was briefly toying with the idea of not seeing any of them until they're all that, but then I remembered that's fucking crazy and I won't.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/4...announced.htmlPeter Jackson's highly anticipated The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey won't even be released until December, but Warner Bros. has already officially announced that an Extended Edition will be released next year, most likely before The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is released in theaters.
I honestly wasn't sure we would even get an extended edition. I figured he wouldn't have any footage left over for an extended edition because it would all be used to help in creating that third Hobbit movie announced. I guess I was wrong! Jackson apparently shot even more footage than originally thought!
The Warner Bros. press release pointed out the upcoming film releases during their 90th anniversary. “And finally, among the new films you can expect on Blu-ray and DVD in 2013 are The Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas and – officially confirmed here for the first time – Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – Extended Edition (Q4).”
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters December 14th, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be released December 13th, 2013, and The Hobbit: There and Back Again will be released July 18th, 2014.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/1...he-hobbit.htmlBenedict Cumberbatch is on his way to becoming a pretty big star. He's best known for starring in the BBC series Sherlock, but also had a solid role in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy, played the villain in J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Trek Into the Darkness, is rumored to play the villain in the next Bond film and also provides the voice of the dragon Smaug in Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy.
Smaug is one of my favorite characters in the story, and in a recent interview with Total Film the actor talks about playing the character and his motion capture performance,
I can only imagine how weird that must be, but like he said, you just have to lose your shit. He then confirms when we'll get our first look at Smaug saying,You just have to lose your s--t on a carpeted floor, in a place that looks a little bit like a mundane government building. It was just me as well, with four static cameras and all the sensors. Then the boys at Weta work their magic… It’s very freeing, once you put the suit on and the sensors. I’ve never felt less encumbered, actually. And you have to be. You have to be free.
Sounds good to me! The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters this year on December 14th, the recently announced The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug hits theaters on December 13th, 2013, and the last film in the series, The Hobbit: There and Back Again, will be released on July 18th, 2014.I think my eye will open at the end of the first film, and then you’ll get the rest of me in the second.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/benedi...-in-the-hobbit
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/2...he-hobbit.htmlHere's a new photo that gives us our first look at Bolg the Orc Chieftain in Peter Jackson's long awaited film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The character is played by Conan Stevens in the movie, and as you can see, the costume and make-up design are pretty badass! Jackson and his team sure know how to design cool creatures!
Bolg is the secondary antagonist in The Hobbit, he "was an Orc chieftain who came to power in the Misty Mountains after his father, Azog was killed in the war with Dwarves. Bolg ruled for some 150 years and led an army of Orcs in the Battle of Five Armies."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69099
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/2...he-hobbit.htmlFor those of you who didn't know, Comedy Central's The Colbert Report host Stephen Colbert is a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings, and it's being reported that he will have a cameo in Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy. He's such a big fan that he actually reads Elvish.
According to THR he won't show up until The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug or The Hobbit: There and Back Again. There's no word on who he will play in the film or how big the part will be. It could be a key character, or it could be a background kind of role. I can easily see him in the role of a Hobbit though, he's got that Hobbitish look.
Here's what Colbert had to say about all this in the November issue of Playboy,
He was then asked if he was an extra, Colbert smiled which prompted a follow-up question, "Are you telling us you're in the Hobbit movie?" he responded, with another smile, "Could be."Peter Jackson invited me to the set last year. I flew out and watched them shoot some scenes and went to some locations. I saw a 25-minute cut, and it was amazing. Jackson knows I'm a big fan of the films.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...t-cameo-381423