Show continues to live up to my expectations.
Well done Lost, well done. I really like how they are showing the last episode at 8PM each week before the new one, and add little blips at the bottom of the screen with details about the plot.
Show continues to live up to my expectations.
Well done Lost, well done. I really like how they are showing the last episode at 8PM each week before the new one, and add little blips at the bottom of the screen with details about the plot.
Being an idiot I didn't look up the info on the episode of Lost at 8:00 and thought it was the new one. I prepared dinner, was all fucking stoked and ready.. then the previously on Lost thing came on.. oh wow I almost exploded lol.Originally Posted by Xavier
Tonight's episode.. You figure a show would eventually lose it's momentum and slow down a bit. Not Lost, not this season anyway. I can't believe how good and fast it's progressing. Though the Flash-Forward was a bit vague, there wasn't too many scenes of it and they weren't so long. The ending of course.. was a huge WTF. I figured Ben would be dead by then or on the island. Does this mean they didn't lose? What on earth is going on! Oh my head.![]()
Also is it just me or did Juliet's boobs grow? I honestly remember her being pretty flat. Now they are just.. well out there. From the preview you could see Kate and Sawyer get it on again.. lucky bastard. The preview also said another member of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed.. yet it showed Kate with glasses being surrounded by paparazzi. We already know Kate is one of them, perhaps Kate might pay a visit to a new Oceanic 6 member?
Another thing that has come up that I forgot about.. the writers said supernatural elements and time travel would be a part of this.. If this is true wouldn't it be pretty epic of Future Jack came to change things? Bah I know I am probably way off as usual but I love thinking about these things.
Also I LOL'd so fucking hard when Hurley said he didn't trust Sayid because he broke that guy's neck with his "break dancing move".
Why oceanic 6 members are superstar? It makes me curious to see what happened,
Well think about it.. if a plane crashed and the passengers were thought to be dead as announced on the television showing the wreckage and dead passengers. Then out of nowhere there are 6 survivors, the news and media would be all over them. I know they would be on talk shows telling their story. Another thing, Jack Shephard had been famous in the world of Medicine because of the surgery he did on his wife, hell a woman flew all the way to the US so he could try to save her father, so I imagine he will probably get a lot more fame than most. Also Hurley had won the lottery worth $114 million dollars, he was also all over the news. Kate was a known for blowing up her father and being chased all over the damn place by the government, though I am not sure why she appears to be free now. Maybe they guaranteed her innocence in court as a condition, I don't think she even had a trial yet before she was on the plane she had just been caught! If Phoenix Wright taught me anything it's that there can be forged/fake/false/made up evidence to save her from being put in jail, also her greatest opponent (the guy who had her arrested on the plane) is now dead, he wouldn't even be able to testify. Could you imagine what impact it would have on the media? I mean look at OJ. Sayid.. I wouldn't know what makes him famous.
I think part of the time travel thing was revealed tonight. From what I could understand of the experiment David did, he had someone on the ship fire a small rocket with a clock inside to him. When it arrived (later than the person tracking it said it should), it was 31 minutes ahead of the clock on the island (or maybe behind...I wasn't paying that close attention to which clock was which).
does it mean that the island is in the future compared to the outside world? or in the past? mindfuck ftw
although wouldn't it also be impossible to have a live telephone conversation if there's a "time difference?"
Didnt watch tonight episodes, but it would make more sense if time was moving slower on the island than outside. If the opposite was true, nothing would have happened in the outside world in 100 days. It would be more interesting if there is a 10-15 years jump in the future when you leave the island.
Anyway, that would explain why Walts is old now (spent time outside island on fast forward), but that's what most people suspected already. Would also mean the island is going to be the way it was when they left (since time move really slow on it).
[edit]
Their explanation is probably going to be related to that giant magnet under the island. They could easily say magnetic field creates time space distortion similar to the one in gravitational field. Even if our theory doesnt predict anything like this, we have very little data about strong magnetics field, making it a valid "science fiction" argument
I was thinking about it when I posted that. I still think the world is overeacting, and there might be more behind it.Well think about it.. if a plane crashed and the passengers were thought to be dead as announced on the television showing the wreckage and dead passengers.
The whole "Future Jack comes to the island" doesn't sound too crazy. All Jack kept saying was "We have to go back Kate!", he never said back to the island.
haha reaching real far
Sooo tired, but just want to post my obligatory "WHAT TEH SHIT!?" at this episode.
Lost fucking delivers.
I found out that my new TV is water resistant after humping it because this episode was so good.
31 minute delay on the rocket? Yet there is no delay on telecommunications? How they gonna explain that?
Ben taking his battle with Darma beyond the island?
This is my first season watching in HD and I'm loving it. Lost is one of the reasons I bought a new TV a couple months ago
btw, lol at "Does that mean I should wait 20 mins and go anyway?" and "Great, they sent us another Sawyer."
Apparently there's alot of easter eggs in this last episode:
http://www.docarzt.com/
http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=45641Originally Posted by wyrmtung
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...mb-470x528.jpg
http://www.extinctionshift.com/wavemotion3g_test.gif
If you think of TIME as the wavelength and the MAGNET(ISM) as the Fixed Interference, you can see the affects that a magnet could have on time. Before the Fixed Interference, the wavelength would be TIME as it is OFF the island. After the interference is applied (electromagnetism) time is considerable 'different'. Its the same wavelength but after the interference it is altered so that it has many more peaks and valleys, essentially making it a longer route. So, if that is seen in terms of TIME then a persons experience of time would be much different than someones who hasn't been exposed to the interference, yet feel none of the effects. So, basically time 'slows' down after the intereferene on the island which really only matters if they could somehow get on and off the island or away from the time alterations as they please. Remaining in the changed field (the slower time) would really serve no purpose nor would they even be able to recognize the change. But, If they could effect time in certain areas or in sperts then the time fluxuations could be very useful.
http://www.extinctionshift.com/wavemotion3k_test.gif
In this scenario, magnetism could be applied to a certain area (the island) or for a certain period of time (ie; a portal) and then could go back to 'normality'. You can see how this would be intriguing to people. It would essientially be a way to temporarily 'stop' time.
sayid is the reason i stay true to my middle eastern heritage. what a motherfucking pimp
Originally Posted by Reality
They listened a song from the radio in first season and it was playing normally. Wave would have been stretched otherwise.
He's a paki! That's why they don't give him arabic scenes that last longer than a few lines in arabic, simply because he can't speak the language and it's not native to him at all (unlike Sun's scenes which are entirely in Korean).Originally Posted by Arvin
Yeah, and if you've heard him talk in real life he has the most amazing British accent.Originally Posted by Lordwafik
And her Korean is quite good apparently. My Korean friends say Jin butchers the language.Originally Posted by Lordwafik
Because he's American born, and before Lost, he probably didn't speak a word of it.Originally Posted by Andarvi
My guess is that Jacob = Future Jack.Originally Posted by Anyway
When Jack asked the pilot if the Red Sox really won the world series... he didn't say which one... he could of been referring to the second time they won.