Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1116

Thread: LOST Season 4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #561
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    Thats how I understood it. It for sure told who she looked like. As far as I know either his ex-wife or his dead wife dunno why I would imagine it mabe I did tho, but I remember it told around one of the epidodes where he had Jack captured trying to get him to have surgery on him. I'll try to go back and look to make sure.

    That was Jack's wife, Ben was talking to Jack, convincing him that they know everything about Jack, and the reason they chose Juliette was because she looked so much like Jack's ex-wife who he still had feelings for.

  2. #562
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    He is talking about Roger Linus's wife, Ben's mother. I'm sure Ben must have talked to that woman (therapist) before about himself. Probably mentioned the similarities...

    Then again it's Ben so I doubt it.. I really don't know. I guess we may find out soon.

  3. #563
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    220
    BG Level
    4

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Hmmm, I thought that Ben's mom died giving birth to him?

  4. #564
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearsan
    Hmmm, I thought that Ben's mom died giving birth to him?
    She did.

  5. #565
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Kinda after the fact... but I loved Ben's reaction to Juliet upon her seeing Goodwin dead...
    The take as much time as you like thing made me giggle... My Girlfriend thought it was cold of me to laugh I found it hilarious.

  6. #566
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Kinda after the fact... but I loved Ben's reaction to Juliet upon her seeing Goodwin dead...
    The take as much time as you like thing made me giggle... My Girlfriend thought it was cold of me to laugh I found it hilarious.
    I laughed too. It was that line combined with the way he just abruptly turned around and walked away. It was a thing of comic beauty.

  7. #567
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    Thats how I understood it. It for sure told who she looked like. As far as I know either his ex-wife or his dead wife dunno why I would imagine it mabe I did tho, but I remember it told around one of the epidodes where he had Jack captured trying to get him to have surgery on him. I'll try to go back and look to make sure.

    That was Jack's wife, Ben was talking to Jack, convincing him that they know everything about Jack, and the reason they chose Juliette was because she looked so much like Jack's ex-wife who he still had feelings for.
    You're right. All these theorys on the show etc, it all got scrammbled in my head.

  8. #568
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Goddamn finally got to watch the episode...Naturally, I love anything that "Lost" touches, but as was mentioned, relative to the other S4 episodes, this was decent. I'm going to defend Locke here because I think he's so badass:

    On one hand, we have Locke's character as presented superficially in the last few episodes -- he seems indecisive, annoyed, and mentally vulnerable. We have comments like Hurley in his flashforward telling Jack that he shouldn't have gone with Locke, assuming something terrible occurred, and we have the constant reminder of Ben manipulating Locke. A vivid example from this last episode was Locke trying to leave the room after giving Ben food, and half-closing the door before opening it again and asking Ben another question. Perhaps the best example of the idea that Locke is "losing it," or even that he is no longer favored by the Island (or Jacob) is his inability to find Jacob's cabin.

    On the other hand, we know Locke is crafty and determined (at least, when he has a rigid plan). With exception to Sayid and Desmond leaving, he has persistently stopped people from leaving the Island. It's evident in his character that he looks for "signs" for what to do, but I think, contrary to what we're led to believe, he does have a plan, and does know what he's doing. I would argue (however loosely), that he is actually manipulating Ben, although I have no answer for why he couldn't see Jacob's cabin the second time around.

    It's hard to convince myself of this second idea though (that Locke is manipulating Ben), but that's something I enjoy, because it means the show has been true to developing its characters. If nothing else, we know Locke is (obviously) a "Man of Faith," and we have numerous examples of his beliefs wavering (hatch not opening, numbers in the hatch, his father's reappearance, etc.), but we also know that he does indeed seem to have a special connection with the Island. Whether or not Jacob and the Island are one in the same is a matter of speculative discussion at this point, and we have the strand of his inability to find Jacob -- if Jacob and the Island are in communion, then what is the Island trying to tell Locke when he can't find what he's looking for? In previous episodes, Locke's persistence has showed him an answer which has always had heavy consequences (such as Boone's death, the electromagnetic burst from the hatch, being shot by Ben), but it is important to note that in all of these cases, Locke was persistent. We don't see that in his interaction with Ben -- which is something that confuses me. Instead, we are given a fragile John Locke, no longer submitting to his intuition or notion of faith. I might be wrong in this, but I don't think we've had something like this before, with Locke's character. His actions have always been guided by some end that he believes in. If it is the case that he has said end, then I would argue he is in fact manipulating Ben. If not, for instance if his beliefs have been shaken by the entire range of events that have occurred since those on the freighter arrived, then I would argue that he has in fact been disconnected from the Island, and as a result is becoming the John Locke before his arrival on the Island.

    I think the second time I run through Lost, I'll be pairing up characters to keep track of, and two that are obvious pairs in my opinion are Hume and Locke. However premature, my theory would revolve around Hume gaining faith concurrent to Locke losing it.


    Regarding Ben and Widmore/whoever's freighter that is, I'm somewhat unconvinced. I can't really trust anything that Ben does -- not wholeheartedly (by the way, the character who plays Linus is a great actor -- really gets you to believe in his conniving ingenuity). I think the idea that Widmore is behind the freighter is correct - Ben always tells the truth in some degree - but it's not the whole truth. Recall how Ben states "everyone answers to somebody" in an earlier episode -- we still have the strand of Michael Abaddon, and more importantly, the vivid flashback of Abaddon telling Naomi of her mission. I can't help get the feeling that whoever has deployed the freighter is a man of "great evil," and I just don't see Widmore fulfilling that role. It's obvious Ben is in a perpetual mode of manipulating others, so I think it's reasonable that there's much more to it than Widmore owning that freighter.

    If I'm completely wrong in this, and it's Widmore's freighter, it'd be interesting to see how he found the island:
    -Penny is looking for the Island, has been for three years. How long has her father been doing the same?
    -Is Penny's search related to her father's search? What of Charlie's "NOT PENNY'S BOAT" message?

    I don't think anyone's mentioned this, but I'm sure it's on the forefront on that part of our brain we've allotted to Lost:
    -WHEN DID BEN USE THE GAS LAST TIME, WHAT THE HELL DID THE GAS DO!?
    I think we'll get answers when we get a Rousseau episode, but OH GOD WHEN.


    I've decided on my second runthrough of Lost (from the series premiere), I'm going to watch episodes in order of characters (as in, all Jack episodes, then all Kate episodes, etc). Should be interesting.

    The only advantage of watching last week's episode on a Tuesday is that I only have to wait two days.

  9. #569
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Huh? Didn't they gas the Dharma Initiative?

    Also I believe that Penny's father is keeping it from her somehow, he probably requested that they not answer the phone because he probably doesn't want her to find the island and Desmond because I am damn sure he knows Desmond is there.

  10. #570
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,124
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Huh? Didn't they gas the Dharma Initiative?
    Pretty sure they did when the Purge happened. When Ben came back to the town/village/whatever, there were Dharma people dead who were in the open and the "Hostiles" had gas masks on. So an island gassing would seem fit.

  11. #571
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Huh? Didn't they gas the Dharma Initiative?
    Pretty sure they did when the Purge happened. When Ben came back to the town/village/whatever, there were Dharma people dead who were in the open and the "Hostiles" had gas masks on. So an island gassing would seem fit.
    Gah I completely forgot that because I was too wrapped up in Rousseau's story when I wrote that part. We still have yet to get the story on how her people died, aside from "disease"

    Quick question -- where are the Others right now..?

  12. #572
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    It's going to be revealed by EP 8 from what I heard on the podcast.

  13. #573
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    BTW new podcast up early, talks about last week's episode and answers a few questions.

    http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... dcast.html

    Here is the summary of it all for those who don't want to listen to 21 minutes of it.

    1) Scripts 9 and 10 are done and 11 is almost done.

    2) Two Hour Finale will now air in two episodes over two weeks because of Grey's Anatomy having a two-hour finale

    3) Iron Man Trailer was cool

    4) The Other Woman - What is the use of the Tempest? Are the hatches important?
    D&C: They joke about the Arrow hatch, but confirm that they all have some importance and that the Tempest is a very important hatch on the island. This episode was their way of telling us about some of the island's history via Juliet's past on the island. To show us how the Dharma Initative was potentially gassed. Dharma was working on Biological weapons, but are not necessarily bad.

    5) Is Widmore really the man behind the freighter?
    D&C: Yes and this is a BIG reveal on the show. Ben knows why Widmore is trying to get to the island and we should know by the end of the season alos. They confirm Ben is lying.

    6) Will we see Harper again?
    D&C: Yes we will, she is an other, we did not kill her and she is still on the island.

    7) Who is Ben's Man on the Boat?
    D&C: We will find out this week in Ji Yeon (Episode 4x07)

    8) Canon of LOST? Mobisodes, Find815, TLE, Via Domus and Orchid!?
    D&C: Good question, the show is the Mothership and is indeed the main canon. Also it is tricky to keep our eyes on everything else in the LOST Universe. We give a framework to the creators but what we write is truly canon. The Mobisodes are, so is the Orchid video which will come into play later this season. Certain elements in other items such as Hanso perhaps in Bad Twin are canon and there are other little tidbits in everything else to make it fun for fans, but at the end of the day main thing to follow is the show.

    9)Lost and Gilligan Island
    D&C: Answer several joke type questions. Lol, Skipper borrowed Minnow from Libby and is a member of Dharma.

    11) CS appears in Season 1, CS appears in Mobisode 13, CS appears in Episode 4x01 in Jacob's cabin, will we see more of CS in the future of LOST.
    D&C: Yes, we will see him several more times and a good question to ponder of CS is how he is a part of the lives of Jack and the other Losties.

    12) Will we see Smokey?
    D&C: Yes we will smokey this season. They try to show us smokey at least once a season, but they have "rules".

    13) Locke was my favorite character in Season 1, but his actions are getting tougher to defend. Will his actions be redeemed?
    D&C: Locke is on a journey and in journeys there are periods of doubting and frustrations. It is cool to see a character struggle, but by the end of even this season Locke will have some better moments. A Man of faith might doubt and have struggles, but will emerge as even a bigger believer in faith.

    14) Via Domus Ending, was it a dream or Des like time travel?
    It wasn't all a dream, some moments in the game were little dreams, but the end is NOT a dream. The game is outside canon so it does not really matter and then they laugh.

    15) Podcast host, Chris, really have a job?
    Yes, he works at ABC, Disney channel and marketing.

    16) Will be back after episode 8 Meet Kevin Johnson with another podcast, who is Kevin Johnson? We will meet him in episode 8.

    I am really happy to hear Christian will be playing a role in the "future". I know they mean in future episodes, but yes I knew it. He is much too significant and linked to the survivors lives to just be dead. Him being in Jacob's cabin, missing from his coffin, flash forward references of him being alive, and Mobisode 13. I think that he is:

    A. Alive and behind a lot of things with the survivors lives.

    B. He is in fact Jacob.

    C. Jacob has the ability to form into any person he pleases or take over a dead body/use it as a vessel. (Yemi was dead on the island, reappeared, and led Eko to his death, Michael is returning without Walt, it probably means he died since Jacob? came back to tell John he has work to do (D, Christian had died prior to the crash)

    Anyway just another theory I thought I would shoot out there.

    Also last week's podcast mentioned that the character Richard Alpert would be returning. I cannot wait to see his flashbacks, I really would like to know the story behind him and his immortality.

  14. #574
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Thanks for the link

    On Jacob:
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    C. Jacob has the ability to form into any person he pleases or take over a dead body/use it as a vessel. (Yemi was dead on the island, reappeared, and led Eko to his death, Michael is returning without Walt, it probably means he died since Jacob? came back to tell John he has work to do (D, Christian had died prior to the crash)
    I don't know, I think one of the reasons I enjoy Lost so much is that while it completely makes its viewer submit to the suspension of disbelief, most of the ideas are somewhat believable (or at least presented to be believable). Yes, of course there are things like the smoke monster, Desmond's time travel, and whatnot, but I don't know...then again, you're right in that it would explain Christian's various appearances, as well as his missing body (Jack found the coffin sans body).

    How many non-survivor characters have come up in "vision" like events?
    We have Christian, Yemi, Walt (to Shannon, Sayid, Locke), Boone, who else?
    Kate sees a black horse (can't recall if she sees her father-in-law)
    Hurley sees his imaginary friend

    It could explain a lot, if your C. is correct.

  15. #575
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,124
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    How many non-survivor characters have come up in "vision" like events?
    We have Christian, Yemi, Walt (to Shannon, Sayid, Locke), Boone, who else?
    Kinda Spoiler:
    Libby is going to be in one of the episodes coming up. Not sure to what extent though.

  16. #576
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Perhaps Sawyer's best non-Lost performance? Fast forward to 1:50 in to behold the glory.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8Xp2FOjB8

  17. #577
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: LOST Season 4

    First, what the fuck at all the spoilers/plot giveaways on this page. Cmon Larsa. =\

    Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Perhaps Sawyer's best non-Lost performance? Fast forward to 1:50 in to behold the glory.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8Xp2FOjB8
    No matter what he's wearing, I can't get him being Sawyer out of my head. Grats on the eternal typecast!

  18. #578
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Huh? Spoilers? Those are just vague answers to questions fans have asked, they always haev a podcast weekly answering questions. Even then they are never dead giveaways to the plot. Was Widmore really behind this? No shit, he only sent Henry Gale and Desmond on round the world trips that ended them up on the island.

    If you are talking about the man on the boat, it's so obvious. Think back at Live Together, Die Alone, who left on a boat? Hmm.

  19. #579
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    Re: LOST Season 4

    One hour away, reminder.

  20. #580
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: LOST Season 4

    Apparently this is another good episode, however I will not post or read this thread untill I get home and download/watch it ; ; ;

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lost: Season 5
    By Null in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 1891
    Last Post: 2010-01-19, 10:39
  2. LOST: Season V, What the balls?
    By Andarvi in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-01-21, 22:09
  3. Lost Season 5 (preview/discussion)
    By Hitoshura in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2008-12-04, 17:42
  4. "Lost" Season 4
    By Titanss in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2007-12-23, 06:14
  5. LOST - Fall Season finale *spoilers*
    By Daemonxel in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2006-11-22, 04:50
  6. wtf @ lost season premiere
    By Groovebox in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2006-10-12, 07:48
  7. Lost and 24 new seasons?
    By Lylie in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 16:00
  8. LOST: Season finale: (SPOILERS)
    By Firedrag0nn in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2006-06-03, 15:00