Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    Still never understood how lucretia's dark and brooding piece made it as high as it did with the whole doll festival theme going on but whatever.
    Because it was drawn well?

  2. #22
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    197
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    where's the AV video?

  3. #23
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Theres like a pretty good chance the people that work on the update arn't the ones that do art contests like these.

  4. #24
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    77
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    OMG BEST UPDATER EVAR!!!11!1


  5. #25
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Fan-Art Contests is new content.

  6. #26
    DAKPluto
    Guest

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    I will say this....

    when the update does come, it better be fucking awesome.

    3 Missions with 1 NM fight would not constitute as "awesome" BTW.

  7. #27
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Wow...no words

  8. #28
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    This'll be the second time I post-pone an entry for the contest, there's just not enough damn time in the world for both college (which makes me tired of drawing as-is since that's all I do in my course), and FFXI itself.

    And yeah, the update better be amazing considering we're basically only getting 4 content updates a year now.


    At any rate, $5 that the majority of art submissions this year are of females in DNC/SCH AF.

  9. #29
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    369
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1625/detail.html

    and

    http://www.playonline.com/contest/ff11/ ... lang=en-us

    Still never understood how lucretia's dark and brooding piece made it as high as it did with the whole doll festival theme going on but whatever.
    Hey I drew that one! It's nice knowing at least someone kinda like it... even if it wasn't great.

    But yeah, where's the update SE? How can anyone get incentive to draw for this when we've been waiting for what seems like an eternity for the update to so far a mediocre expansion pack? Not to mention, they could really give out better prizes. Moogle rod's kinda lame.

  10. #30
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/...294f713d3c.jpg

    Glad to see SE never failing at failing D:

  11. #31
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    I just want to know where the Festival of Swords "Men of Vana'diel" art contest is.

    Or better yet, the Festival of Septimus "Galkas in subligaria of Vana'diel" art contest.

  12. #32
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto
    I will say this....

    when the update does come, it better be fucking awesome.

    3 Missions with 1 NM fight would not constitute as "awesome" BTW.
    This one. I agree with this one.

    Art Contest, w/e. It shouldn't slow things down.
    Technically, we're not waiting any longer for the update than we did after TOA.

    ...but when it does come, really, they have to make the earth move with this one.

  13. #33
    The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,451
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    I have to say, this is the first time there's been an art contest that I'm not swamped with school work for. I'm tempted to actually enter this time, maybe I could draw some subtle message in the background regarding the things they should be updating. (*'-')

  14. #34
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    425
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Art Contest FTW!

  15. #35
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    131
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    I'm tempted to actually enter this time, maybe I could draw some subtle message in the background regarding the things they should be updating. (*'-')
    you should. I think i'll actually enter this time too since i'm graduating soon and I don't have to do anything but draw and paint all the way up until may. Subtle messages about things they should be fixing is a great idea. But of course they won't choose any of those as the winner >.>

  16. #36
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Update..

    MSPaint Entry :

    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...o/ArtEntry.jpg

    Wasn't there something mentioned during fanfest about the dev team tiring of seasonal events and Sundi insisting they keep them fresh? :bagel:

  17. #37
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    The Answer to What the Players Want is...
    (I tried Q_Q)
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...06/av_cube.jpg

  18. #38
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Something tells me that a Fan Art contest has nothing to with when a version update comes out.

  19. #39
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    The Answer to What the Players Want is...
    (I tried Q_Q)
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...06/av_cube.jpg
    LOL, that's amazing, and above all, pure fact.

    Sometimes I wonder, is the FFXI team just stupid, or do they do this shit on purpose? Fan art contest is cool and all, I have no qualms with that. But the timing...

  20. #40
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,270
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Let There Be Fan Art! (02/04/2008)

    Clearly the update delay is intended to free up our time for art submissions.



    :hampster:
    IT'S NOT WORKING HERE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2009-05-07, 00:33
  2. Replies: 174
    Last Post: 2009-03-13, 10:10
  3. Doll Festival Fan Art Contest Winners Selected! (03/27/2008)
    By Griselda in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2008-03-31, 15:07
  4. Final Fantasy fan art contest!
    By Branwen in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2007-08-18, 10:14
  5. Would there be legal implications
    By Flight_93 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2006-08-29, 20:10
  6. FFXI Fan Art
    By Dreyc in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2005-08-20, 23:14