Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 343
  1. #261
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer
    tbh, unless they add scrolls of instant warp 3, warp 3 cudgels or warp 3 staves, everyone will still have to keep their homepoint in their home nation.
    They could always just shout in Whitegate for D3s.

    Although personally, I just keep a stack of silvers on hand and use the warp taru whenever I need to go home or to the past. Then again, that might just be because I still haven't bothered to figure out where the warp-to-whitegate NPC is in Sandy.
    Outside mog in south, by the gambler dude.

  2. #262
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    I admit, i was half expecting fish ranking updates for this announcement. GG

  3. #263
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    I admit, i was half expecting fish ranking updates for this announcement. GG
    I think that would have been the moment we saw a full-fledged BG riot.

  4. #264
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    I still say WHERE ARE MY DRG EMOTES FOR MY WYVERN!! WE NEED MOAR!

  5. #265
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    640
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    I still say WHERE ARE MY DRG EMOTES FOR MY WYVERN!! WE NEED MOAR!
    screw your wyvern!
    Avatar Emotes gogogogogo!

  6. #266
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekio
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Fucking palborugh quadavs versus a level 75, and you die... I don't have a reply for that
    I've been farming in Bubu as THF75 to skill up my weaksauce leathercrafting and had to Perfect Dodge to keep the several dozen dhalmels and gobs from dropping me >.> Those single-digit hits add up fast when they're landing at a rate of 10/sec.

    Still pretty pathetic... thank god no noops saw me.
    Guess I was the only one who ever got spell-locked by Ninjas spamming elemental ninjitsu on me when I was resting and trying to get up back in this one Ballista I did. That was a lame way to go down also...

  7. #267
    :3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    279
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    I admit, i was half expecting fish ranking updates for this announcement. GG
    I think that would have been the moment we saw a full-fledged BG riot.
    You mean, a riot.... of justice... <3

    Fishing don't hold nobody down.

  8. #268
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Hooray update!

    Tarutaru wearing girly DNC AF: Yes, Tarutaru female and male share DATs; the swimsuit and opaline and yukata are however restricted use in-game according to a character's gender. Now, it wouldn't be hard for SE to let Taru girls have their girly AF by letting them use different DATs than the dudes.
    Hey, look at the Hume male AF. When it was first released, they were still in the process of making "manlier" Dancer shoes(they first looked exactly like the females' in the player's DATs); however, they ninja-updated it to look like the real male's shoes like in the preview pictures from Famitsu and stuff seen at Fanfest. Also, them girl Tarus better be getting that "absolute territory" SCH AF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    1- Spell lock should have been fixed 6 fucking years ago, when the game was in development. There is no reason to let something slip by so long. On the bright side, no more death in palborough mine at 75, after engaging 100 quadavs train and getting killed by 1dmg bio and dia. Lamest death ever.
    Fucking palborugh quadavs versus a level 75, and you die... I don't have a reply for that
    That was the slowest death ever. I engaged and wasnt able to move for a while 2min because of the lag and spell locking. Fun time.
    I have done this before.
    So have I...so have I. (I wasn't 75, but I was sure as heck above 60.)

  9. #269
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Meian
    <snip for justice>
    Guess I was the only one who ever got spell-locked by Ninjas spamming elemental ninjitsu on me when I was resting and trying to get up back in this one Ballista I did. That was a lame way to go down also...
    I saw a 75 Blm get eaten in Oztroja at the Mee Deegi pop - he'd been training the entire room and nuking them to death. Long story short, he pulls the train up to the top of the "pedestal" in the middle of the room, just as Meegi pops. A Yag Bard lands lullaby and then he gets spell-locked by the out-of-synch attack animations and 3 Bards casting on him. Priceless.

    He died. No good drops from Deegi, but it made the next four hours a lot funnier.


    As for the update? Pretty meh so far, very very glad for cure-lock going away, but I'd taken for all the stuff we knew was coming anyway, and it's just okay. Here's hoping for NMs and badassery over the weekend.

  10. #270
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Thank god for autoattack/autotarget on, I did that once, I think everyone does it some time or another when they notice they can voke/nuke/shoot at the Quads on the other side of that gate while running to Waughroon.

    Managed to snag the two lowbie NM's in there too.

    I got all the way to the steps leading up to the BC zone, and stopped to see if any showed up, and then a wall of turtles came at me.

    I waded in, busting heads with my Mbhuj, laughing in rapturous glee at the chaos around me...

    Then it hit me, holy god, these fucking turtles are killing me...Made it through it with something like 350/1200 Hp, thank heavens for being able to one shot most of them with a Gaxe/Autoattack delay being super short.


    Couple of my best friends were farming in Castle O WAAAAAAAAAAAY before the depop nerf hit.

    The Samurai thinks it will be funny to shoot a Crawler down below from up on a ledge, so he does, and they all laugh like hell when it takes off the other way.

    The Monk, not being the brightest bulbs in the lamp anyways, decides to try it too, so he Chi blasts a yag as the other two started to go on ahead, gets a chuckle, and then heads after them.

    A few minutes later, they said they heard this strange roar, and a wall of black death poured down the hall behind them. They started fighting, but they had gotten all the Yags from I think the Mee Deggi pop, up top and halfway to the Testy yags... The sam goes down, the mnk goes down, the Pld (being a woman and good at stuff like this) uses her brain, pops invincible, calls her NPC who she said "came out tossing cure IV's like the good little bitch she is", and equipped/used her warp cudgel, got out with under 100 Hp.

    I laughed hard enough that my jaw hurt listening to them recount this to me.

  11. #271
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Better than nothing

  12. #272
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    The worst part is about my dying in Palborough... I had a freaking dagger, and was too stupid(yes, even as a woman) to cast Horde Lullaby the first time on their asses. When I first realised this, I seriously facepalm'd to oblivion.

    Man, I'm stupid sometimes. Or was it simply my noobiness at the time? The world may never know.

  13. #273
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    It's fun to pick on lowbie mobs sometimes.

    Earlier I gathered up a bunch of tiny mandragora's as I was running from the maw back towards port windy, then sat down and went afk to make something to eat.

    Came back 3 or 4 minutes later, and I'm still sitting there looking at one of them as they flail at me for 0 damage.

    Then you get overly cocky and figure, shit, I can take all of these... and pow, spell lock bites you in the ass.

    I'm probably going to get myself killed trying to see how many kuftal robbers I can solo simultaneously as War/Dnc, because I went and popped a coffer, and wound up aggroing two, and decided that rather than run or whatnot, I was just going to kick their asses, and did...

    Given that before the signet update and /Dnc, I would have been lucky to walk away unscathed from a single robber, I was pretty happy about two, went up and beat up a T Steelshell in the Tree later... I AM THE CRABSLAYER! RAWR!

    So yeah, what the hell were we talking about? Needs more bitching, less pleasant reminiscing over hilarious but embarrassing moments.

  14. #274
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    If you have to proper tools (perfect dodge, shadows and flee ;p ) you can train Tee Xicu and all the birdies from there and towards the entrance of oztroja. Or at least you could, before the "depop after a while" patch.

  15. #275
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    179
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    New summoner ability sounds sounds to me like it will just give back a certain % of mp that it costs to keep a spirit out. Example: if you leave a spirit out for 300mp, use JA, get 100mp back.

    Reduction of stratagem charge time is made of win, but SCH is still lacking a party buff to make it a "desired" main healer. SCH has the same problem as a BLU main healer. Sure it has cures, but nothing really to speed up exp/hour (haste).

    Sneak ninjitsu, warp/teleports, and cure-lock fix. They're all nice additions, but I don't really get why people are saying that the cure lock fix makes this update "full of win." It's a nice welcome (much like sneak ninjitsu), and I've had moments of "ugh, damn spell-lock" too, but spell-lock hasn't really affected my enjoyment of the game extensively. I'm very glad it's going away, but it's not so much "omg nothing else matters in this update cause cure-lock is fixed! WIN!" which is the tone of some of the other posts I've read seem to give off.

  16. #276
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Damen
    Sneak ninjutsu, warp/teleports, and cure-lock fix. They're all nice additions, but I don't really get why people are saying that the cure lock fix makes this update "full of win." It's a nice welcome (much like sneak ninjutsu), and I've had moments of "ugh, damn spell-lock" too, but spell-lock hasn't really affected my enjoyment of the game extensively. I'm very glad it's going away, but it's not so much "omg nothing else matters in this update cause cure-lock is fixed! WIN!" which is the tone of some of the other posts I've read seem to give off.
    I think it's more people forgiving SE's fluff updates because of the zOMG cure-lock fix.

  17. #277
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by orson
    Whm gets 2 updates in a row?
    Yeah, we get another tele spell. Woot. More people will bug us for teles to stupid places - wow that's so gamebreaking

    It's not going to change the job .

  18. #278
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

    Not a content update today, but another segment to "Great Figures of the Crystal War."

  19. #279
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Damen
    New summoner ability sounds sounds to me like it will just give back a certain % of mp that it costs to keep a spirit out. Example: if you leave a spirit out for 300mp, use JA, get 100mp back.
    lol wth would be the point of that? Elementals suck so no one is going to leave them out even if you can get back 1/3 of the MP you wasted on them every 10mins.
    I pray that it's actually going to be a half decent version of convert for SMNs where you can sacrifice an elemental and gain it's MP every 10mins or so.

  20. #280
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)

    If they make a third version of warp, does that now mean that dying -> HP is now D4?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:49
  2. Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
    By Psion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 657
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 20:35
  3. Battle System Improvements (02/22/2008) - (Nothing good)
    By idunno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 2008-02-25, 05:42
  4. Battle System Adjustments (08/14/2007)
    By Spoony Bob in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1255
    Last Post: 2007-08-21, 16:40
  5. Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)
    By shukuffxi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 413
    Last Post: 2007-03-07, 01:03
  6. Changes to Chocobo Digging and Gardening (07/03/06)
    By Reality in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 2006-07-05, 19:19